Getting Amped up for the last 4 games and onward

ASH1962

I don't know about you guys, but since the NY Jets have turned into this perennial powerhouse that puts forth football excellence on a weekly basis, I cannot help but be completely pumped for, and ultra confident about the stretch run during Dec, Jan, and (hopefully) early Feb. We have been lucky escaping the injury bug for most of the season allowing this team to turn into a force in the AFC, a force unlike anything Jet fans have seen in a decade plus, putting up 30+ points per game while limiting their opponents to under 17 PPG in 10 of 12 games, all victories by the way. At 10-2 with 4 games remaining, if we win 3 of 4 and finish 13-3, we clinch the AFCE, a first round bye, and home field throughout the playoffs. I want us to whack the Steelers first in the Divisional, and then the Pats here at Met Life in the AFCCG. I want NE right here in the cold in late January, and I want to see our top 3 defense beat the snot out of them like we did up in Foxboro week 10. I want our super smart CS to game plan the heck out of the Pats on both sides so that they do not know what hit them. It will be fun to see the look on BB's face down 28-0 in the 4th quarter, and fun to hear his PG PC.  :) I want to see Sam Darnold light up the NE defense for 4 TD passes and 1 running TD with zero turnovers, basically what we have seen from him consistently this season with 33 TD's and only 6 Ints. Our physical defense should sack Brady a minimum of 5 times and rough him up all day long. Also, don't be surprised if we return a punt for a TD, our specials are top 3 as well as the O & D. All in all this team is ready to take control of the AFC and fly right into the Super Bowl. Can't wait...

======================================================================================================================

Now I know this is totally silly considering the state of things today, but let the ramifications of this sink in for a minute or 2 LOL. How awesome it will be if and when it happens....

It's funny that you posted this because this might not be that far away.  I remember when the Pats had the crazy comeback against the Falcons in the Superbowl I was thinking "as much as this sucks, there's a good chance this is the final Superbowl win for the Brady/Belichick Pats".  Of course last year the Pats nearly won it again but ultimately they didn't.  And we'll see if there's any dropoff in the playoffs this year.  

As for the Jets, in another post, I mentioned I was rooting for losses in the hopes we'd get the #1 overall pick.  But I also wrote something like, "I hope this is the last time for a long time that I have to root against this team".  I think it could be.  Darnold year 2 plus $90M in cap space an a new HC at least gives me reason to hope for optimism.  Of course we'll still have Macc but maybe even he will finally turn things around.  I don't think the Dolphins or Bills are further ahead than we are in their rebuilds either so, if we finally take a step forward, we have a shot to own the division for a while. 

Yes, this is insanely optimistic but that's what I have to believe if I'm going to keep my morale up while rooting for this franchise (including rooting for losses because they'll help us long-term).

10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I don't know about you guys, but since the NY Jets have turned into this perennial powerhouse that puts forth football excellence on a weekly basis, I cannot help but be completely pumped for, and ultra confident about the stretch run during Dec, Jan, and (hopefully) early Feb. We have been lucky escaping the injury bug for most of the season allowing this team to turn into a force in the AFC, a force unlike anything Jet fans have seen in a decade plus, putting up 30+ points per game while limiting their opponents to under 17 PPG in 10 of 12 games, all victories by the way. At 10-2 with 4 games remaining, if we win 3 of 4 and finish 13-3, we clinch the AFCE, a first round bye, and home field throughout the playoffs. I want us to whack the Steelers first in the Divisional, and then the Pats here at Met Life in the AFCCG. I want NE right here in the cold in late January, and I want to see our top 3 defense beat the snot out of them like we did up in Foxboro week 10. I want our super smart CS to game plan the heck out of the Pats on both sides so that they do not know what hit them. It will be fun to see the look on BB's face down 28-0 in the 4th quarter, and fun to hear his PG PC.  :) I want to see Sam Darnold light up the NE defense for 4 TD passes and 1 running TD with zero turnovers, basically what we have seen from him consistently this season with 33 TD's and only 6 Ints. Our physical defense should sack Brady a minimum of 5 times and rough him up all day long. Also, don't be surprised if we return a punt for a TD, our specials are top 3 as well as the O & D. All in all this team is ready to take control of the AFC and fly right into the Super Bowl. Can't wait...

======================================================================================================================

If you read this in the voice of an anthropomorphized donkey, it’s like spending 45 seconds inside the mind of Larz.

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's funny that you posted this because this might not be that far away.  I remember when the Pats had the crazy comeback against the Falcons in the Superbowl I was thinking "as much as this sucks, there's a good chance this is the final Superbowl win for the Brady/Belichick Pats".  Of course last year the Pats nearly won it again but ultimately they didn't.  And we'll see if there's any dropoff in the playoffs this year.  

As for the Jets, in another post, I mentioned I was rooting for losses in the hopes we'd get the #1 overall pick.  But I also wrote something like, "I hope this is the last time for a long time that I have to root against this team".  I think it could be.  Darnold year 2 plus $90M in cap space an a new HC at least gives me reason to hope for optimism.  Of course we'll still have Macc but maybe even he will finally turn things around.  I don't think the Dolphins or Bills are further ahead than we are in their rebuilds either so, if we finally take a step forward, we have a shot to own the division for a while. 

Yes, this is insanely optimistic but that's what I have to believe if I'm going to keep my morale up while rooting for this franchise (including rooting for losses because they'll help us long-term).

“....this might not be that far away.”      LMFAO

Archived