Weekend Championship games- state your winners

faba

I like Steelers to win in Denver-Denver had a lot of good things happen to let them beat Pats while Steelers are playing their best football for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

The other game I think Seattle will win even though I will be rooting for Carolina- I think Foster being out and Peppers questionable even if he does play are going to hurt

Denver wins easily. They do too many things well. This is why they will win the Super Bowl.

Seattle over Carolina. They get the right to lose to the AFC this year in the big game.

Max I am going to put much money down on Carolina and Steelers now that I know your predictions and using your Herm Edwards will win the Super Bowl as head coach of the Jets as an example

Max I am going to put much money down on Carolina and Steelers now that I know your predictions and using your Herm Edwards will win the Super Bowl as head coach of the Jets as an example

Faba,

Have you read any of your own Front Page stuff recently? :wink:

Wait until JonEJet makes his picks.

Easy money.

man i agree,,, PLUS lose Steelers, LOSE so I dont have to see his fat a$$ family on the scree nEVERY time he gets 2 yards [-o<[-o<

At the very least, if they were going to torture us with the family the whole game, they should have given us the pleasure of seeing them after the fumble!

At the very least, if they were going to torture us with the family the whole game, they should have given us the pleasure of seeing them after the fumble!

hahahah, i was thinkin EXACT same thing last week,,I was waitin to see all the Colt fans sittin near them lookin up and laughin at em,,,

Why does everyone want to see Jerome get a ring? I don't get it.

i like his story. Even though he is older then most of the backs he still puts his all into the game. He is not a typical back either. I also have to admit that i am a sucker for someone overcoming some adversity.. thew whole asthma deal. he also has done alot for kids. Just one of those overall good guys, it seems.

i like his story. Even though he is older then most of the backs he still puts his all into the game. He is not a typical back either. I also have to admit that i am a sucker for someone overcoming some adversity.. thew whole asthma deal. he also has done alot for kids. Just one of those overall good guys, it seems.

now u know how the Menendez brothers and OJ got off with female jurists :shock:

now u know how the Menendez brothers and OJ got off with female jurists :shock:

maybe i missed something? is there bad stuff in his past that i dont know about?

OR

maybe you are just being contrary because you are bored! ;) arent there any movie premieres that you can go see?? :D

I've seen Jerome run for three yards - get up and do that fat-man celebration jiggle of his....only to get beat by my Pats time and time again. Anyone that celebrates that hard after a three yeard gain deserves to lose. I don't understand the Bettis arse kissin' at all. He's a good guy? Says who? ESPN?

maybe i missed something? is there bad stuff in his past that i dont know about?

OR

maybe you are just being contrary because you are bored! ;) arent there any movie premieres that you can go see?? :D

no jerome a stand up guy,, i was just teasin cause women jurists have the rep of being overly sympathetic and the famous quote of the female jury when Mendenez 1st got off was 'The boys (they were in mid late 20s) looked so nice in thier sweaters'..

OJ trail was just about low IQs on jury.

LA DA Gil Garcetti (sp) had the trail moved to LA for expsure cause he was running for relection. He thought LA media and glamour would make him a celebrity in a slam dunk case. What he didnt figure on was the LA jury pool was made up of uneducated people while if he kept it in Westwood (where crime committed) OJ would have had a true trial by Jury of Peers. In LA OJ wasnt tried by peers.

Peers in legal sense is geographic and economic. OJ should have been tried in Westwood by his wealthy neigbors.

no jerome a stand up guy,, i was just teasin cause women jurists have the rep of being overly sympathetic and the famous quote of the female jury when Mendenez 1st got off was 'The boys (they were in mid late 20s) looked so nice in thier sweaters'..

you tease??? :shock::lol:

i had forgotten about that statement after the mendenez trial!

I've seen Jerome run for three yards - get up and do that fat-man celebration jiggle of his....only to get beat by my Pats time and time again. Anyone that celebrates that hard after a three yeard gain deserves to lose. I don't understand the Bettis arse kissin' at all. He's a good guy? Says who? ESPN?

Not ESPN. No one listens to ESPN. Jerome is an authentic good guy. He does alot in the Detroit area, as well as the Pittsburgh area. He does do alot for the commuity. He doesn't get into trouble. He's just a good guy.

And, as far as celebrating after a three yard gain... have you seen today's athletes? They celebrate after everything. Shoestring tackles are cause for pyro, fireworks, and a twenty minute dance number. So, I don't think that the three yard gain, which probably was for a touchdown, is cause to call him a bad person.

I think he is an over-adored athlete that the media loves to shove down my throat. There are plenty of athletes that do charitable work in their hometowns and the teams' town, there are plenty of players that do NOT celebrate after a routine play.....like a three (usually two) yard gain (and not for a touchdown). Trust me, I've seen him play the Pats in the playoffs the past few years. Again, I don't get it. I'm suppposed to love and respect this athlete - much like I am supposed to love and adore Brett Favre who should have hung it up three years ago. I'm not falling for it for the media propaganda.

Everthing I have read about Bettis is that he gives alot back to the community so I do not mind tv playing him up a little- better to have him than certain guys that get arrested for taking drugs and wife beating

Not ESPN. No one listens to ESPN. Jerome is an authentic good guy. He does alot in the Detroit area, as well as the Pittsburgh area. He does do alot for the commuity. He doesn't get into trouble. He's just a good guy.

And, as far as celebrating after a three yard gain... have you seen today's athletes? They celebrate after everything. Shoestring tackles are cause for pyro, fireworks, and a twenty minute dance number. So, I don't think that the three yard gain, which probably was for a touchdown, is cause to call him a bad person.

Wasn't there charges against Jerome in past 2 years or were they swept under the rug!!!!!!

I think he is an over-adored athlete that the media loves to shove down my throat. There are plenty of athletes that do charitable work in their hometowns and the teams' town, there are plenty of players that do NOT celebrate after a routine play.....like a three (usually two) yard gain (and not for a touchdown). Trust me, I've seen him play the Pats in the playoffs the past few years. Again, I don't get it. I'm suppposed to love and respect this athlete - much like I am supposed to love and adore Brett Favre who should have hung it up three years ago. I'm not falling for it for the media propaganda.

Honestly Garb... this is the first time I've ever seen a full on Bettis love fest. I think it's because he's retiring and doesn't have a ring. You know how they get with guys who have played for a long time, but don't have a ring.

And Afosomf... I don't recall anything about charges against Bettis, from any time. If you can find something about it, that'd be good. Otherwise, it's speculation.

he did and charges were dropped, not sure if Jerome was married at time or not

Bettis won't face charges in sexual assault allegation

Westmoreland County decides accusation doesn't hold up

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

By Ernie Hoffman and Cindi Lash, Post-Gazette Staff Writers

The Steelers' Jerome Bettis will not faces charges after all on an allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman he met at a bar in Greensburg this summer.

Westmoreland County District Attorney John W. Peck said there was not "evidence beyond a reasonable doubt" to proceed. "Only Mr. Bettis and the victim, the young woman, know what happened in that car," Peck said.

But Peck went on to say there was "clear" evidence that the accuser's uncle planned to use the allegation to extort money from Bettis.

Peck said Charles Walters of Mount Pleasant Township boasted of a scheme to sexually compromise a Steeler and extort money from him. Peck also described an earlier plot by Walters to provoke Bettis into a fight for the purpose of getting money from him.

Bettis' accuser, a 22-year-old woman, told Greensburg police that he assaulted her in his car after she asked him for an autograph at Bobby Dale's Restaurant & Lounge Aug. 21, when the Steelers were in training camp in nearby Latrobe.

Bettis, 30, told investigators that he and the woman had consensual sex that night. He would not comment on Peck's decision yesterday. The woman would not comment when reached at her home last night. Walters did not return calls, and no one answered the door at his home yesterday afternoon.

Peck said detectives interviewed about two dozen people and learned of a plan by Walters to get money from Bettis by manufacturing a sexual misconduct charge.

I thought he was accused of feeling up some woman against her will back in 2002.....the charges were dropped, I beleive. Maybe he paid her off. Maybe it was all bull. Who knows. That is one thing I will cut athletes slack for. So called "fans" trying to make a buck off a celebrity. Provoking fights, then suing. Dirty dancing and arse gropping, then saying the athlete assaulted you on the dance floor. Drives me nuts. There are people out there who are legtimately victimized.....and you have these fools making a mockery of the system while trying to "steal" a few bucks.

That happens to almost every athlete though. It's not a great thing, and it can hurt your reputation, but it's like Garb said, with everyone trying to make a buck off the rich guys. I'm sure it happens to actors and other celebs too. But, that's how it is in this country. Everyone is out to get the quick buck.

I really really want to see the Panthers win this Sunday. I just don't see how they do it without Foster. I can see Seattle sitting back in an attempt to shutdown Steve Smith and with the homefield I have to take Seattle.

I really think that the Denver Pittsburgh game has the makings of an all-time classic. The Roethlisberger we saw last year and the Roethlisberger we are seeing now in the post season are like two totally different players. He won't be intimidated playing in Denver.

Gun to my head I'll take the Steelers in OT.

Archived