Breaking Bitonti news

R44

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to Bitonti for a while. He's down there, as is a another JI Hall of Fame poster -- I won't name, who's not involved with DD.com :

listened to Bit's audio Q & A 's with Darren Colledge and Dusty Dovarcek -- Put Colledge in the MNF broadcast booth already -- very bright and confident sounding.

Dvoracek has the "Beavis air" about him.....Sounds smart, but repeats your exact question before he answers :D

Bit said Abdul Hodge really surprised being significantly smaller than some list....

Said Brodie Croyle listed at 6' 2".....and claimed the Croyle looks so much like a younger Joe Namath (facially), it's almost scary.

Mentioned injured Tennessee DB Jason Allen is walking around, ready to play if asked -- had a serious hip injury in Oct.

Jay Cutler, measured in a 6027, a little short, but not a huge problem....Claims Cutler has a confident air about him. Scouts like his demeaner.

More of Bitonti's words: http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

Bit, you talked to Gabe Watson?

Did you ask him if he wanted to be a Jet or if he'd do a draftdaddy interview?

He did an interview with Watson, but I only listeded to his Q&A's with Colledge and Dvorocek over the phone...those two were fairly brief, 3 to 5 quick questions......sort of a straighter-laced version of Stuttering Jon (without the stutter) circa 1996 :lol:

BTY, Bit ran into one of college buddies (not Big Al NYC) who is a scout with the Washington Redskins. Hopefully that will be a source is dis-information, we can sell as insider info =D>

[quote name='"Smizzy

Im the 4 seasons Ive been posting...Bitonti hasn't been wrong much. [/quote']

hold on there big guy. yes bit knows his stuff, but as far as making predictions, he is the pits. see: bryan thomas, Drob, Herm, Troy palamalo

but who cares his sack is strong and hairy

[quote name='"Smizzy

Im the 4 seasons Ive been posting...Bitonti hasn't been wrong much. [/quote']

hold on there big guy. yes bit knows his stuff, but as far as making predictions, he is the pits. see: bryan thomas, Drob, Herm, Troy palamalo

but who cares his sack is strong and hairy

Define strong sack?

He's not Ms.Cleo but he sure does know his NCAA talent. As long as we don't ask him to make any predictions this chat should be sweet.

Talked to Bitonti for a while. He's down there, as is a another JI Hall of Fame poster -- I won't name, who's not involved with DD.com :

OK I admit it , it's me.

They admitted me into thier hall of Fame last week.

They had a buffett dinner befitting thier membership.

All the Twinkies and Krsipy Kreme you wanted.

ASSMOP introduced me and then Max provided Homo jokes for entertainment.

Dick Kotite was there providing 'entertainment' in the Coat Check room.

Faba, we've got him in the draft notes twice last month -- 1/21 & 1/13. Blog page, then click archives.

On the 21st, we have a scouting report, done by a college announcer, who broadcast Monmouth and Hofstra in 2005 --he compares Austin to Marques Colston.

On the 13th, we have a link were his coach talks about NFL teams liking him as a Day 1 pick (fantasy?)....

Faba, we've got him in the draft notes twice last month -- 1/21 & 1/13. Blog page, then click archives.

On the 21st, we have a scouting report, done by a college announcer, who broadcast Monmouth and Hofstra in 2005 --he compares Austin to Marques Colston.

On the 13th, we have a link were his coach talks about NFL teams liking him as a Day 1 pick (fantasy?)....

Thanks R44

His coach Callahan has stated he thinks he will be drafted the first day based on the scouts that have been around Monmouth. He had a great career there-gotta root for the underdogs to make it

I like this little blub:

Not to be outdone, the other #6 Charlie Whitehurst looked good as well. A shrewd GM might be thinking Cutler's nice but why not take Whitehurst two rounds later? Similar players today, both efficient and looked the part of a pro QB.

This is the guy I've been calling for for 2 years now

The kid has a swaggar about him =D>

So wait.

Bit is a Jets fan from DD...but why did he get to go to the Scouting days? And why is he there? Is it his job? I'm confused on this guy.

Believe it or not Draft Daddy has grown to the point where we are a legitimate media outlet. We got press passes to Senior Bowl. I have a "real" job, that pays the bills and they were nice enough to give me a couple days off to pursue my interests. What can I say but I love football - like i told them my mind is in Mobile during SB week might as well let my body go there too. They are real cool about it.

by the way Jets fans my update is up - Brick had a GREAT day but so did Cutler - Jets staff talked to both but more talked to Cutler.

from the blog rough draft

BRick looked VERY good. Great day. Consistant and after he was beat inside by #94 during 1 on 1's, came back and pancaked Kiwi, it was impressive. all the OL scouts were scribbling furiously. Dominated run blocking in 7 on 7's opening up huge holes for the not-so-sweet North RB's. Looking at Brick the word that comes to mind is "range-y" - he's long and has fantastic lateral agility - sidesteps very well in pass pro.

Several members of the NY Jets staff were seen bee-lining it to the crowd gathering around #6 Jay Cutler, who had another sharp, crisp practice and is defining himself as the star of the North.

as soon as the practice broke up Joey Clinkscales was on top of Cutler like stink on crap. He got the first words in, then was overrun by press and Cutler held a mini press conference. As soon as I saw this I was like Oh man i gotta tell my JN peoples. It might be a smokescreen but i think at the very least Terry and them have to have a backup plan if Brick cracks the top 3 - and they aren't going to take Vince Young.

It might be a smokescreen but i think at the very least Terry and them have to have a backup plan if Brick cracks the top 3 - and they aren't going to take Vince Young.

Please don't post stuff like that. This franchise need him to be there at # 4. I refuse to even think anything else.

Please don't post stuff like that. This franchise need him to be there at # 4. I refuse to even think anything else.

maxie the Titans are coaching the north they pick at three and their coaches have been all over Brick. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Believe it or not Draft Daddy has grown to the point where we are a legitimate media outlet. We got press passes to Senior Bowl. I have a "real" job, that pays the bills and they were nice enough to give me a couple days off to pursue my interests. What can I say but I love football - like i told them my mind is in Mobile during SB week might as well let my body go there too. They are real cool about it.

Sound great, bit. I linked your site on a couple of UM boards, so you should get some hits from there.

Archived