Chimp Pimps BAFM game thread!

Crushers fat gut

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nolder said:

Fyi this is why meta sh*t is gay as **** and outside the spirit of the game imo.

I never really said anything cause I thinks it's funny and still do but while we're on the subject...kinda gay.

If I took games here super seriously I'd be annoyed right now.

It's outside the spirit of the game to use meta on 2 people who have been playing tiddlywinks about shooting each other for over 5 years?

STFU

lol

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If CTM and Lizzie are really the 2 remaining scum this was an incredibly disappointing scum team....

CTM for sure, Lizzy is a fill in and at least contributing and you cant knock Stark for being a coward.  Homeboy fights to his death. 

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Scolds me about using meta, proceeds to use meta. 

No it's just how you're supposed to play. Each game should be it's own self contained thing.

In fact the purest form of mafia should have no meta.

it should be a roleless game between perfect strangers.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

No it's just how you're supposed to play. Each game should be it's own self contained thing.

Eh, I don't agree.  People have behavioral patterns that shouldn't be ignored.  That's psychology.  It can be used to an advantage, and I see no reason why that falls outside the spirit of the game.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So then why do use it if it's outside the spirit of the game? 

We're talking about two similar but different things called meta right now.

One is how people act over time. For example someone who always lurks as scum or someone who role fishes as doc. Their behavior can be learned over time if they never alter it and it can become predictable. It's like someone who has a facial tick or some other tell who plays poker.

The other thing is a behavior that is agreed on between two or more people usually done to vet themselves in game. For example if Person A and Person B have a no kill pact and they make that known between games and adhere to it, whenever either person is nightkilled the other person will never be a suspect. Another example is a "truth" meta where a person plays 100% honestly no matter what so if you ask them if they are scum they will tell you yes which means when they say no everyone can trust they are telling the truth.

The first one is inevitable between people who play together over time. It's not ideal but it's not exactly outside the spirit of the game and people can always change their behavior over time. The second is way worse.

And for the record I don't give a sh*t nor am I calling anyone out. I think it's a funny ongoing gag and I'm not telling them to change.

But I will still call a spade a spade and the thing they do falls more into the second category than the first imo.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eh, I don't agree.  People have behavioral patterns that shouldn't be ignored.  That's psychology.  It can be used to an advantage, and I see no reason why that falls outside the spirit of the game.

It's the ongoing nature of it. In reality neither of you has any reason to shoot the other in any given game.

You do it for laughs and that's fine but it is still not a normal behavioral pattern it's an unspoken agreement between you two that supersedes any individual game and everyone knows it.

Again, it's funny and again I don't care so no need to turn it into an argument.

We cool fam.

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

It's the ongoing nature of it. In reality neither of you has any reason to shoot the other in any given game.

You do it for laughs and that's fine but it is still not a normal behavioral pattern it's an unspoken agreement between you two that supersedes any individual game and everyone knows it.

Again, it's funny and again I don't care so no need to turn it into an argument.

We cool fam.

Ah gotcha, I understand now.  And I certainly don't want any time Verbal gets shot for people to just assume it was me, either.  lol.

So let me leave you guys the path to victory in case scum is wise and takes out their biggest threat.

80 - pretty sure he's town telling the truth.  Dont see Stark coming after him like that if they're on the same team.  I know 80 loves bussing and I could see a situation where he encouraged internally but that seems like a pretty silly gambit play.  I dont see a SK in this game.

Spoot - pretty confident he's stupid town but like beyond stupid town like dumbest townie we've ever seen.  Here's the problem the stupidity, kind of stinks.  Refused to hammer a clear liar.  And also went SK hunting when any townie knows a SK can actually help us.  His refusal to come off 80 and see the big picture was also concerning.  He's in my town bucket but only because I cant imagine him being this stupid as scum.

Krak - 1 true game related post.  His hammering of Stark isnt alignment indicative.  I would have pushed my teammate of the ledge too in that situation to distance.

CTM - worthless, not his meta to play coward scum though (GFY Nold)

Decker - tons of paints chips but he just successfully lynched his first mafia!  Town.

LK - tough read right now because of low participation and burying votes.  I threw out a little observation that Stark tried to run with and nudge that has me somewhat leaning town though.

Nold - hated his catch up reread after the work was done.  He voted me for no reason and then never even checked back in.  But then he came in after the deed trying to act like he had some influence on the work I put.  Disgusting.  He's done nothing this game since subbing back in.  Faux participation after the fact be damned.

JiF - greatest scum hunter of all time

Lynch pool; Krak, Nold, CTM in that order. 

45 minutes ago, Nolder said:

You're an idiot.  We're not perfect strangers.  We play every game together.  We call it a community.  We have inside jokes and cute little relationships.  Meta is inevitable when all you do is play with the same players.  Not only is it often a starting point but it can also be a determining factor when you're debating situations/players.

STFU

37 minutes ago, Nolder said:

We're talking about two similar but different things called meta right now.

One is how people act over time. For example someone who always lurks as scum or someone who role fishes as doc. Their behavior can be learned over time if they never alter it and it can become predictable. It's like someone who has a facial tick or some other tell who plays poker.

The other thing is a behavior that is agreed on between two or more people usually done to vet themselves in game. For example if Person A and Person B have a no kill pact and they make that known between games and adhere to it, whenever either person is nightkilled the other person will never be a suspect. Another example is a "truth" meta where a person plays 100% honestly no matter what so if you ask them if they are scum they will tell you yes which means when they say no everyone can trust they are telling the truth.

The first one is inevitable between people who play together over time. It's not ideal but it's not exactly outside the spirit of the game and people can always change their behavior over time. The second is way worse.

And for the record I don't give a sh*t nor am I calling anyone out. I think it's a funny ongoing gag and I'm not telling them to change.

But I will still call a spade a spade and the thing they do falls more into the second category than the first imo.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!   my gawd

32 minutes ago, Nolder said:

We cool fam.

Doesnt care.  Wrote a novel about it.

Ssssshhhhh

On 2/10/2019 at 1:21 AM, deckerfan said:

also

vote Stark

that's who I think is scum. Call it gut feeling. Remember that I've nevr ever been on a scum train when it has escalated to mondo heights. There's nothing else to explain in my noggin IRREgardless. 

Decker's first vote of D2.  He's being coached like a mofo if he's scum.  Firmly in my town bucket.

Ironically, Spoot came out with a lazy vote on him to start the day and saying, he liked 80 as town which is ironic considering he didnt buy his reveal as the one person that could vet it.   Ewwwww

On 2/9/2019 at 11:25 PM, Spoot-Face said:

vote Decker

Decker has done nothing but jump to wherever the momentum is, including on to Nolder's train.

I hope the Gata substitution is resolved soon, because I might want to look there as well. Both Nyn and Nolder wanted to lynch her.

Feeling okay about 80 at the beginning of this day.

I doubt I'll be around much tomorrow -- I may be bringing home a new doggy -- but I promise to be dialed in enough on Monday. Hopefully we'll start to see more from the likes of CTM and Krak, and Stark.

Spoot 1st post on D2

11 hours ago, Krak said:

Of course Verb's mother has a foul mouth

**** you, mom.

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

Fyi this is why meta sh*t is gay as **** and outside the spirit of the game imo.

I never really said anything cause I thinks it's funny and still do but while we're on the subject...kinda gay.

If I took games here super seriously I'd be annoyed right now.

Luckily, I don't take mafia seriously.  Why should anybody?  Like Ape says, it is an online game of Guess Who.........there are more important things to care about.

You know, like shooting 80 in the face in the next game!  ;-)

On 2/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, GATA said:

I was voting myself and would have allowed a lynch on myself lol 

I even tagged ppl to just end it but you guys got off my train 

That was as blatant as possible realistically 

Something to consider about Nold...Gata was willing to lynch herself when she got heat early.  

That would be a really F'd up thing to do if you were on a scum team and not giving Crusher the chance to replace you.  Now, I've seen first hand how little Gata cares about wrong or right (mod killed by her for making a joke) so she might be selfish enough to do that but if so, man I cant wait to see that QT.

Giving me a little pause to Nold being scum

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is what I'm referring to.  Nold told me nothing.  He had one post yesterday, when he voted me without any reason.

Are you serious? You remember laughing at spoot for being an idiot?

You are spoot now.

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're an idiot.  We're not perfect strangers.  We play every game together.  We call it a community.  We have inside jokes and cute little relationships.  Meta is inevitable when all you do is play with the same players.  Not only is it often a starting point but it can also be a determining factor when you're debating situations/players.

STFU

Yeah see the thing is, I addressed everything you just said and took it two steps further.

I know it was probably a few levels above your reading comprehension but next time at least try to read and not make a complete fool of yourself. 

17 minutes ago, Verbal said:

**** you, mom.

Luckily, I don't take mafia seriously.  Why should anybody?  Like Ape says, it is an online game of Guess Who.........there are more important things to care about.

You know, like shooting 80 in the face in the next game!  ;-)

I think it's ok to take mafia seriously. It depends on the community though and that's not what we do here.

Archived