The terms of Adam Gases contract was never revealed which is really weird.

Jetsbb

8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I explained a 3 year deal is impossible as the minimum is 4 years. So yea considering Gruden got a 10 year deal an 8 year deal is more possible than a 3 year deal.

What minimum are you talking about? Theres no minimum for a HC

13 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I explained a 3 year deal is impossible as the minimum is 4 years. So yea considering Gruden got a 10 year deal an 8 year deal is more possible than a 3 year deal.

Do you have a link to a stipulation that the minimum amount is 4 years? Because if we know anything about the Jets and the Johnsons and how the business side of things is run it’s that they aren’t normal on any level. 

On 2/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, Jetsbb said:

Yea they are. We all knew Bowles contract and that was the story every year and the reason Chris gave him a two year extension after going 5-11. There would be no such thing as a "lame duck coach" if no one knew the length of their contract.

Most are... But belichek's isn't... Fact

On 2/6/2019 at 3:57 PM, Gas2No99 said:

:lol:

Belichik earns $7.5M/year as HC of NE and is NOT the highest paid coach in the NFL. That's Pete Carrol & Sean Payton @ $8M/year. 

Link

This must be before his extension... Or they revealed it much later... Because it was a huge topic up here for a long time... But even so, the article proves my overall point that not all coaches and gm contracts are public knowledge

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What minimum are you talking about? Theres no minimum for a HC

No head coach is hired for less than 4 years. Adam Gase is a head coach that is hired. Therefore, Adam Gase was hired for at a minimum of 4 years. The conclusion follows from the premises. Logic 101

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

No head coach is hired for less than 4 years. Adam Gase is a head coach that is hired. Therefore, Adam Gase was hired for at a minimum of 4 years. The conclusion follows from the premises. Logic 101

No coach is hired less than 3 years?  Premise and logic?  You said they had to be signed for 4 years.  Now its logical.  Whats it tomorrow? Theres no logic involved, just as theres no rule that a HC has to be given a 4 year deal.  

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

When I think NY Jets, logic is definitely the first thing to come to mind. 

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Miami hired him for 5.  Fired him after three.  Contract is irrelevant.  Owners money is play money. As long as it doesn't affect the cap, the Johnsons can give gase a 20 year contract for all I care. If he sucks, they can fire him after 3.  Woody has a habit of keeping garbage around a bit too long.  Herm, Rex, Bowls.  

6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

So your arguement is, if the jets even wanted to sign Gase for only 3 years, Roger Goodell would probably fine us draft picks for violating the” Jetsbb 4 yr minimum “ rule ??

Archived