The terms of Adam Gases contract was never revealed which is really weird.

Jetsbb

Why do we know Brian Flores signed a 5 year deal and have still not heard a word about Gase's deal? Haven't heard anything about length or value. I know Rex on his second deal with the bills got 5 years. It would tell me something if Gase's deal is only 4 years and if he didn't get a raise. Probably just the Jets beat reporters being lazy and forgetting to inquire but sheesh its been a month since he signed.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Think I remember reading that Gase got 3 years.

No way he got only 3 years. First time coaches get 4 years while 2nd time coaches get a raise and a longer contract. See Rex mega 5 year deal with Bills that he is still living off of

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Why do we know Brian Flores signed a 5 year deal and have still not heard a word about Gase's deal? Haven't heard anything about length or value. I know Rex on his second deal with the bills got 5 years. It would tell me something if Gase's deal is only 4 years and if he didn't get a raise. Probably just the Jets beat reporters being lazy and forgetting to inquire but sheesh its been a month since he signed.

Who cares, it means nothing.  He coaches well he'll get raises and extensions, he sucks and he doesn't finish his first term

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Do you have a link to prove that?

No head coach gets hired for only 3 years the minimum is 4 years. The length and money of Gase's contract has never been reported. Just another example of our lazy and inept beat reporters

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Not all coaches contracts are public knowledge... Look at Belichek... Nobody knows how long or how much he gets paid and I am surrounded by Boston sports talk and fans... It's known up here that they will never reveal that information. The sports talk was always trying to speculate when the choice was Garapollo or Brady then were guessing when Bill was going to leave

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So your answer is no, you don’t have verifiable proof?

I don't have verifiable proof he wasn't signed for 8 years either. Which is more believable than your ridiculous post that it "makes sense" that he was only signed for three years.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Not all coaches contracts are public knowledge... Look at Belichek... Nobody knows how long or how much he gets paid and I am surrounded by Boston sports talk and fans... It's known up here that they will never reveal that information. The sports talk was always trying to speculate when the choice was Garapollo or Brady then were guessing when Bill was going to leave

Yea they are. We all knew Bowles contract and that was the story every year and the reason Chris gave him a two year extension after going 5-11. There would be no such thing as a "lame duck coach" if no one knew the length of their contract.

17 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I don't have verifiable proof he wasn't signed for 8 years either. Which is more believable than your ridiculous post that it "makes sense" that he was only signed for three years.

An 8 year contract is more believable than someone else saying they heard it was 3 and me saying that sounds plausible? Really?

25 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

:lol:

Belichik earns $7.5M/year as HC of NE and is NOT the highest paid coach in the NFL. That's Pete Carrol & Sean Payton @ $8M/year. 

Link

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

An 8 year contract is more believable than someone else saying they heard it was 3 and me saying that sounds plausible? Really?

I explained a 3 year deal is impossible as the minimum is 4 years. So yea considering Gruden got a 10 year deal an 8 year deal is more possible than a 3 year deal.

9 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I explained a 3 year deal is impossible as the minimum is 4 years. So yea considering Gruden got a 10 year deal an 8 year deal is more possible than a 3 year deal.

Gase signed a 3 year deal with a team option for a 4th. His salary should fall in line between $1.8 -$2.6M a year w/escalators and incentives. 

"Packers, Matt LaFleur agree to 4-year contract"

"Cardinals hire Kliff Kingsbury as their next head coach on a four-year contract"

Vic Fangio to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year

Buccaneers are signing Arians to a four-year contract with a fifth-year option

Brian Flores reportedly signed five-year, guaranteed contract in Miami

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Gase signed a 3 year deal with a team option for a 4th. His salary should fall in line between $1.8 -$2.6M a year w/escalators and incentives. 

You should have made his salary at 4 million a year to make it more believable. Nice try maybe add false link with it to add to the asthetics

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

You should have made his salary at 4 million to make it more believable. Nice try maybe add false link with it to add to the asthetics

Ok. We shall see when the info is eventually released. $4M is on the higher end and Gase signed low to assure a job. 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Ok. We shall see when the info is eventually released. $4M is on the higher end and Gase signed low to assure a job. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458689/article/new-york-jets-announce-todd-bowles-as-head-coach

"Bowles officially signed the deal on Wednesday after spending Tuesday afternoon and evening with the team's brass, including recently hired general manager Mike Maccagnan. The contract is four years worth more than $16 million, according to Rapoport, per a source informed of the Jets' plans. "

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Is you and yours alone opinion ?  That a new HC has to be 4 yr minimum ? Lol. It’s the jets bro. Unless it’s some league written rule, Johnson’s don’t like their HC to have much power. Why they never were serious about McCarthy. They wanted to pick gase’s DC also. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Is you and yours alone opinion ?  That a new HC has to be 4 yr minimum ? Lol. It’s the jets bro. Unless it’s some league written rule, Johnson’s don’t like their HC to have much power. Why they never were serious about McCarthy. They wanted to pick gase’s DC also. 

"Cardinals hire Kliff Kingsbury as their next head coach on a four-year contract"

6 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

So you are saying there is no nfl rule, only a courtesy ?

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

:lol:

Belichik earns $7.5M/year as HC of NE and is NOT the highest paid coach in the NFL. That's Pete Carrol & Sean Payton @ $8M/year. 

Link

The 7.5 Million figure was Belichick's salary in 2010, according to Forbes, who is known to be pretty accurate in regards to these things.  He reportedly signed an extension in 2013, after Sean Payton signed for a reported 8 million dollar deal.  After the 10 million reported contract given to that loser Jon Gruden the speculation is that Belicheat now makes in the neighborhood of 12.5 million dollars annually.  Joe Philbin, Gase' predecessor in Miami made a reported 3.5 million dollars there, four years ago.  It is safe to assume that Adam Gase in the third year of his contract made about that much, certainly not much less.  Todd "toilet" Bowles recently stole 4 million dollars from the Jets in his last hurrah in New York.  It is safe to assume that Gase recent contract calls for at least that much.  Before anyone blasts me consider this.  Many college coaches "toil" for more than the 4 million dollar annual salary that is cited here. Kliff Klingsbury and  Matt Rhule both made in that neighborhood, working at less than "elite" college programs.  Doesn't it make sense then, that  Professional NFL Head Coaches would make at least that much.  If that were not the case you can be rest assured that they would flock to the college ranks, where longevity is much more assured.

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The 7.5 Million figure was Belichick's salary in 2010, according to Forbes, who is known to be pretty accurate in regards to these things.  He reportedly signed an extension in 2013, after Sean Payton signed for a reported 8 million dollar deal.  After the 10 million reported contract given to that loser Jon Gruden the speculation is that Belicheat now makes in the neighborhood of 12.5 million dollars annually.  Joe Philbin, Gase' predecessor in Miami made a reported 3.5 million dollars there, four years ago.  It is safe to assume that Adam Gase in the third year of his contract made about that much, certainly not much less.  Todd "toilet" Bowles recently stole 4 million dollars from the Jets in his last hurrah in New York.  It is safe to assume that Gase recent contract calls for at least that much.  Before anyone blasts me consider this.  Many college coaches "toil" for more than the 4 million dollar annual salary that is cited here. Kliff Klingsbury and  Matt Rhule both made in that neighborhood, working at less than "elite" college programs.  Doesn't it make sense then, that  Professional NFL Head Coaches would make at least that much.  If that were not the case you can be rest assured that they would flock to the college ranks, where longevity is much more assured.

Belichick is worth $30m a year.

Archived