Reminder to Jets Fans: Top 10 Picks Rarely Kind to Gang Green

JetNation

20 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Get to know the room before you question someone elses fan loyalty, especially if you start out with some weak sauce like "Jamal Adams is the Jets best high pick ever", new guy.

go find a job or something,get a life instead of hanging around and harassing other posters i am going to report you now.

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You do realize that one year later, the Chargers drafted a Safety 11 picks after where Adams was picked, and he's already an All Pro.....right? LOL. 

Which has nothing to do with Adams being a good pick or not.  Like saying Darnold wasnt a good pick at 3 overall because Brady was a 6th round pick.

Some are just going to have to come to grips with the idea that Adams was a good pick who has worked out fine and just be happy with it

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which has nothing to do with Adams being a good pick or not.  Like saying Darnold wasnt a good pick at 3 overall because Brady was a 6th round pick.

Some are just going to have to come to grips with the idea that Adams was a good pick who has worked out fine and just be happy with it

Thanks for backing me up on that one

4 hours ago, The Gooch said:

weak sauce??? 

New guy doesn't quite understand the quote feature of MB....

4 hours ago, The Gooch said:

go find a job or something,get a life instead of hanging around and harassing other posters i am going to report you now.

Its really funny when people don't understand how this all works. Harassing? Really? You're going to be so much fun...

The Gooch. LOL. Please. Report me. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Completely took that out of context, but whatever. You ARE the voice of disapproval here.... but be careful, "The Gooch" thinks you guys are best friends now. ?

The article just doesn't touch on the seriousness of the situation? What about the 2nd drought? How long can you go on talking about all of the bums selected in the 2nd round? So obviously this article doesn't put the state of the team in proper perspective. It's been a full on abortion for decades.

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Completely took that out of context, but whatever. You ARE the voice of disapproval here.... but be careful, "The Gooch" thinks you guys are best friends now. ?

Well I'm glad you like my nickname, at least we have one thing in common' so far, we are both suffering Jets fans LOL!!!!

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Geno was 100 times the Qb hack is, and that is saying something.

Geno’s stint of decent play led us to pass on QBs in the draft those years, so while Hack was a complete waste of a pick and roster spot, Geno cost us more in terms of potentially turnnng this thing around sooner. Hypothetically, of course. 

How the HELL is Johnny Lam Jones not on this list?  Traded two picks to get to number two and then DIDN'T take Munoz because our doctor said not to.  LMAO!!!  We took the track star who no one in the NFL could cover. Problem was, he couldn't catch!  lol  He ran all over the field burning everyone but the ball would fall out of his hands hahahaha 

That would be like watching MACC trade the three number two picks to get to number 3 and NOT taking Darnold last year only to switch gears and take a TE or something. That really happened to us. The incompetence throughout this organization has been absolutely legendary. 

Passing on Munoz left a major hole at LT so we drafted Mike Haight a couple of years later who our doctor gave a big thumbs up!  Mike Haight couldn't stay on the field for more than a few min at a time.  Munoz is potentially the greatest LT of all time. 

Blair Thomas was followed by the Giants picking Rodney Hampton, who gave the Jints a lot of pride for years. If Blair could have just had his career we would be singing a different tune, but nope. 

Emmit Smith was taken later in the Blair draft ugh!   lol 

58 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Geno’s stint of decent play led us to pass on QBs in the draft those years, so while Hack was a complete waste of a pick and roster spot, Geno cost us more in terms of potentially turnnng this thing around sooner. Hypothetically, of course. 

That storyline has lessened with time.  Carr & Bridgewater arent turning point QBs as was thought and not sure that we ever would have had Garopallo on our draft list but would have preferred any of the above over Geno.  Two bad QBs drafted by us either way

On 2/16/2019 at 8:12 AM, The Gooch said:

Will never get over Blair Thomas I was so excited when we drafted him number 2 that year.  I watched a lot of his Penn State games what a bust still can't get over it.  Jamal Adams has been the best top pick in my opinion so far,by the way my wife bought me his jersey for Christmas this year.

Tom Shane's Mom bought him an Adams jersey for Christmas too. Later Christmas Day his Dad said, Tom, what is that smell? after Tom had started a fire in the fire place. Tom yelled up from his basement bedroom, it's just a new cloth fire accelerator dad, the smell will dissipate.

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

New guy doesn't quite understand the quote feature of MB....

Its really funny when people don't understand how this all works. Harassing? Really? You're going to be so much fun...

The Gooch. LOL. Please. Report me. 

I wonder if the Goochster realizes he's dealing with the kinder, gentler version of you?

1 hour ago, The Gooch said:

Well I'm glad you like my nickname, at least we have one thing in common' so far, we are both suffering Jets fans LOL!!!!

Note to Gooch. I don't see this jet_ engine1 thing working out well for you over time. But they say there's someone out there for everyone. So keep looking...  ?

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That storyline has lessened with time.  Carr & Bridgewater arent turning point QBs as was thought and not sure that we ever would have had Garopallo on our draft list but would have preferred any of the above over Geno.  Two bad QBs drafted by us either way

This is why hindsight is only that. Hackenberg could have turned out to be mediocre & that would have kept us from being desperate which led to trading up & landing Sam Darnold. 

Having a mediocre QB is worse, it takes years to recover. Look at Miami with Tannyhill, Titans with Mariotta, Bengals with Dalton, Raiders with Carr. 

So, the only QB that the Jets passed on which was Watson, (Mahomes was too chancy for Macc) because of Hackenberg but because it turned out Hack couldn't even complete a pass, Macc had to go all in to get a QB in the 2018 draft. You really CAN SAY that the Hackenberg pick led to Sam Darnold. 

So let's see how Sam & Watsons careers go and which guy turns out to be the best QB. 50 years of bad luck seem to be over for the Jets & things are looking up. The Joe Namath curse is over, unless Darnold tears his ACL. 

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I did say hypothetical. 

It is very clear how the Jets draft.  

There are other teams that really put an emphasis on scouting.  That comes from the ownership.  I know the Eagles make their assistant coaches basically travel all over-they are among the most represented teams at pro days, etc.  

In recent times, the Jets’ best drafting was when Mancini was here, because he worked at it and was involved.  I do think that Williams and to a lesser extent Gase will have a strong say in who the Jets draft. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Another case of idziks sh*tty pick being better than macs sh*tty pick.  Everyone kills idzik, mac not so much (other than these forums)

26 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

We might be the only team in the NFL who'd be better run by just twitter polling our stupid fan base for all final decisions.

And this is true. 

Marino?...Jet. ....Sapp?...Jet....Pace?....Jet. That's 3 HOF players right there! And why didn't the Jets go after Favre with a trade like the Packers did, knowing how much Ron Wolf wanted him & how disappointed they were when the Facons drafted him. Also, if Bradway was IN FACT pounding the table for Russell Wilson, do you really think any Jet fan that posts here would say, nay, why draft a QB? Many fans on here were like KEEP DRAFTING F*CKING QBS UNTIL WE FIND ONE!

Archived