Rumor Giants and 49ers talking trade

Raideraholic

46 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Giants trade # 6 pick , and OBJ  for the 49ers number 2 pick.        That would be great for both our teams  , if the two Qbs go off the board at one and two.       Jets take Bosa.   The Raiders would take Q Williams.

Zero shot this happens. Zero.  To quote Gettleman..." we didn't sign him(Beckham) to trade him.

If the Giants are really interested in bring in a rookie QB like Haskins, I can't see them trading one of the best WRs in the league.  Say what you want about his attitude, but why would they invest a high pick in a QB then take away his best option?  It's like setting your QB up for failure. 

I also don't buy the Giants won't trade with the Jets angle....when it comes down to it, trading from 6 to 2 is a lot more expensive then from 6 to 3.  You can't let silly things like a supposed "rivalry" get in the way of a smart business decision.

Last year the Jets traded up to 3 and not 2 because they knew they could still get one of their QBs there.  Same thing this year.  Why trade to 2 when it's more than likely Haskins will still be there at 3.

I can see Giants trading the 6th and picks  for 2nd.   Or Odell for their 2nd  not both. If I was Giants I would get Rosen,  I hope Raiders start to talk about taking a Qb ,  this way Giants need to jump them.   If that happens and Giants and jets trade, we could still get a stud player and 6 . 

It would actually work very well for the 49ers.  OBJ needs to be in a place where he is the sole focus of the offense.  If he's not getting all the attention, he will pout and then get 'injured'.  The 49ers are perfect in that they don't have a star WR.  Kittle is a great TE who will help spread things out but as long as he doesn't vulture too many TD opps in the red zone, it can work.  If SF wants to challenge the Rams, it's not a bad idea and at 6, they can still get a really good player.  Ferrell and Devin White would both fill big needs for them.

Having said that, I can't see this trade happening.  Giants would be getting about the same value for Beckham that OAK got for Cooper.  Don't see Gettleman doing that.  If they got SFs 3rd rounder back, then maybe it can make a bit more sense.

Archived