Surprise retirement of C Max Unger will put Saints in market for Center

jetstream23

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Hopefully they’ll be trading back and picking up a second and more. 

Depends what they get offered for the #3. Other wise they will pick the pass rusher. Personally I think that the favourite, since they failed on bringing in Anthony Barr or any other Edge Rusher of note.

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Depends what they get offered for the #3. Other wise they will pick the pass rusher. Personally I think that the favourite, since they failed on bringing in Anthony Barr or any other Edge Rusher of note.

They also failed to get a OT, C or CB. This team has a ton of holes. 

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They also failed to get a OT, C or CB. This team has a ton of holes. 

True but the OT are at least servable, the interior Offensive linemen we had at LG and Center where dreadful. We need a Center now in the worst way.

The Corner Situation is a wash, Roberts played better then Clayborn to me. plus Bowles never gave Jones much of a chance, and I liked him and Nickerson.

Let see what Greg Williams can do with them? 

I'm won't be surprised if we signed Sitton and moved him to Center.

58 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

True but the OT are at least servable, the interior Offensive linemen we had at LG and Center where dreadful. We need a Center now in the worst way.

The Corner Situation is a wash, Roberts played better then Clayborn to me. plus Bowles never gave Jones much of a chance, and I liked him and Nickerson.

Let see what Greg Williams can do with them? 

I'm won't be surprised if we signed Sitton and moved him to Center.

Has he ever played C ? Not that I recall from his time in GB. He blew out his shoulder last year and he'll be 33 this summer. Wonder if he even wants to play this year.

19 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The holes aren’t glaring in number but they are glaring in importance. Too bad we didn’t address these in FA. It wasn’t realistic anyways. 

Yeah there wasn't a great amount of FA talent out there. At least we did upgrade the slot CB and LB. OL talent, especially OT, was meager .

The holes aren’t glaring in number but they are glaring in importance. Too bad we didn’t address these in FA. It wasn’t realistic anyways. 

It is too bad. I think the Barr thing messed up the plans more than the singular event itself. They took the foot off of the gas when they thought they had him. Then he is an A$$hole about it ta boot.

We can still sign Houston, who may drop his price a bit when he Realizes he’s not going to get $13 mil or whatever.

Lots of time. Thus second wave of FA is a lot slower than I thought it would be. I think there is an overall period of waiting it out by the teams. Second tier guys are trying to get 1st tier money. The teams are letting them know that’s not going to happen.

Maybe :)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Saints, who have a real GM, will decide if they need to take a C with their first round pick.  One will be there.  They have an otherwise good roster.  My guess is that they do draft a center with that pick.  That means one less center could drop to the Jets.  This is important. 

We should trade a 3rd for Finney. 

Archived