Kelechi Osemele Lefkoe Show interview

MDL_JET

Just finished up listening...

Lefkoe started to mention he likes the addition the Jets made and Osemele just brought up by himself... "yo Harrison is gonna be a dog".

He says he's impressed with Harrison from the time he's spent working out with him and the questions he's been asking, very smart. Says he's gonna be one of those under the radar guys. And mentions a lot of the guys on the team thought he should've started last year. 

So maybe Center won't be as bad as many think. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Lefkoe started to mention he likes the addition the Jets made and Osemele just brought up by himself... "yo Harrison is gonna be a dog".

He says he's impressed with Harrison from the time he's spent working out with him and the questions he's been asking, very smart. Says he's gonna be one of those under the radar guys. And mentions a lot of the guys on the team thought he should've started last year. 

I hope so!!

29 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

The lack of urgency of adding a center for the Jets tells me that they are fine with/love Harrison, and/or have high expectations for Toth

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

The lack of urgency of adding a center for the Jets tells me that they are fine with/love Harrison, and/or have high expectations for Toth

I doubt they love Harrison, but it seems like they are OK starting camp with Harrison and then adding a vet center via a trade if he doesn't impress. If we had been able to trade down there is a good chance we would have snagged a center in the 2nd/3rd round. 

Such a great interview. Finally got a chance to listen to it. 

A couple of notes:

• He compared the current Jets locker room to the Ravens locker room with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc. Wow. That's high praise. He said the guys are grinding.
  • Osemele has the ultimate praise for our strength coach Justus Galac.
  • He said Le'Veon is grinding. I got the impression he thinks Le'Veon is going to kill it. 
  • Time off for Le'Veon is going to be positive. Said it helped Marshawn Lynch.
  • As people noted, high praise for Harrison C. Should have been the starter last year apparently (based on what guys in the locker room are saying).
  • He looks really excited to have CJ Mosley on the team. Played with him early in his career with the Ravens.

One thing I should have mentioned that I thought was interesting was before he started complimenting our locker room, he said it wasn’t like that when he first joined the Jets. 

Thought this was interesting. Gives us further proof that last year guys weren’t working hard. It also shows how quickly locker rooms can change. I have to believe this is partly the coaching change and the fact that guys are probably excited to play with a guy like CJ Mosley and Lev Bell.

9 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Mac liking him doesn't exactly make me feel better that he's any good. 

35 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

One thing I should have mentioned that I thought was interesting was before he started complimenting our locker room, he said it wasn’t like that when he first joined the Jets. 

Thought this was interesting. Gives us further proof that last year guys weren’t working hard. It also shows how quickly locker rooms can change. I have to believe this is partly the coaching change and the fact that guys are probably excited to play with a guy like CJ Mosley and Lev Bell.

Having players like Bell and Mosley is big but I believe the coaching staff to be bigger. Players believe jobs will be earned by performance not by veteran status. Best players play., playing time and jobs will be earned. 

Archived