Oh My god... Plz watch this video

BigJermaineFromQnz

Just downed a fine ribeye from Costco; no thanks.

Ever heard about the vermin hair allowed by the FDA in a serving of peanut butter? Apparently it's like catnip to them.

Once you start down that path you'll be too scared to get out of bed. There's no point. Something's gonna kill you, just hope it's later rather than sooner.

Delete this crap max.

Look i'm not a vegetarian or even close to it... but after watching this video I am convinced i should try to start.

As i watched it I had chicken in my stomach and felt disgusted at that fact.

Trust me you will understand if you just watch it.

----

Bugg, I read what you wrote and I understand where u are coming from, but it's not even about health. IF you see the way these animals are treated its literally like an everyday holocaust occurring for these poor animals. Do they not have nerves and feel the same as we do?

You will see scenes where really messed up injured animals scream in pain right before they get killed (by some guy slamming their head against the ground).

Gotta understand-every day some Elsie-type animal gets turned into hamburger and Babe-type becomes a nice Virginia ham or bacon or chops. Will agree so far that KFC isn't too humane about how the chickens get turned into extra cripsy, but we're talking degrees here.

"Holocaust" is an awfully strong word. Between WWII and mcnuggets I must disagree a wee bit.

I have watched this video before and I never once thought about being a vegetarian. The website was made by a bunch of vegetarians or PETA types. What you are seeing I would venture to guess is not the norm. I happen to know two cattle ranchers and neither of them have once said a word about these kind of things and believe me, they wouldn't be afraid to tell me. These people found one example and are trying to use it to turn everyone.

Look i'm not a vegetarian or even close to it... but after watching this video I am convinced i should try to start.

As i watched it I had chicken in my stomach and felt disgusted at that fact.

Trust me you will understand if you just watch it.

----

Bugg, I read what you wrote and I understand where u are coming from, but it's not even about health. IF you see the way these animals are treated its literally like an everyday holocaust occurring for these poor animals. Do they not have nerves and feel the same as we do?

You will see scenes where really messed up injured animals scream in pain right before they get killed (by some guy slamming their head against the ground).

Explain to me why it belongs on the NYJ / NFL forum?

I'm not going to watch the video because I have seen many of these before. The truth is most of the livestock that we consume today are killed in a rather matter of fact way. It would not really be considered humane or inhumane for that matter. Bulls are herded through a tight aisle until there heads go through a hole and their necks promptly sliced. They are then hung upside down to bleed to death. They are dead before they know what hit them. Same goes for lamb, pigs, and any other 4 legged animal that is consumed across the country. It looks pretty cruel when you watch, sure. But the world is one of species domination, and we do have to eat to survive.

Quite frankly, when you watch a Lion eat a gazelle in the wild you realize that it is alot more horrifying than anything going on in a meat factory. Cheetah's injure their prey just enough to allow their young to "practice" killing it some more.

In life there are the gazelles/cows/sheep/pigs/deer/etc.. and there are the humans/lions/tigers/cheetahs/sharks/etc... Better to be the consumer than the consumed. Pass the A-1 baby!!!

I agree that humans kill animals more "humanely" than lions/tigers/etc.

<cattle>

Milk around here comes from local farms. My uncle has had dairy cows for 30 plus years. The cows are generally healthy and the milking machines are harmless. In fact, the cattle are happy to get rid of the milk and line up early at milking time and need no "prodding". His male calves go to other farms, or become old bulls, roaming around pretty much on their own. Few enter the veal program, which contradicts their claim that drinking milk promotes veal.

As for deseased/deformed cattle, I've never seen a cow with eye cancer. This video would make you think every 3rd cow has it. When my uncles cattle become ill or injured, he's in a tough spot. To treat the illness with too many drugs, the milk or meat cannot be processed. The only other option is to quickly send the animal to the processor, which is BAD because he's in the milk business, not the meat business.

I'll give Peta points for castration and horn removal. It has to be done, but I'd think a farmer could afford 5 bucks for a painkiller of some kind.

<chickens>

As a kid, I spent a day at a local (small, family owned) egg farm, loading chickens into those stacked crates. I understand they were going to campbells. We had orders to gently grab the chickens legs and move them into the containers without hurting them. (but they were pecking at us, and pooping on us).

But the vibe I got was that the video takes the worst 2% of the process and then says they're showing you 90%.

In life there are the gazelles/cows/sheep/pigs/deer/etc.. and there are the humans/lions/tigers/cheetahs/sharks/etc... Better to be the consumer than the consumed. Pass the A-1 baby!!!

I have watched alot of different nature shows but I have never.....EVER seen no shark eat a gazelle/cow/sheep/pig or deer. NEVER!!

I have watched alot of different nature shows but I have never.....EVER seen no shark eat a gazelle/cow/sheep/pig or deer. NEVER!!

Believe it or not, sharks have been known to snatch a hog in some of the sal****er marshes in florida. It ouldn't be completely out of the realm that they might have gotten a deer or sheep as well. Just sayin is all.........

Archived