Gil Brandt suggests (not reports) that Jets bring back CB Morris Claiborne

On 7/12/2019 at 12:49 AM, Peace Frog said:

I’m a total jackass. And I’m certainly not an “internet tough guy”. Such a stupid phrase. 

You sound like a total Giant fan. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

Knock it off.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:28 PM, T0mShane said:

It seems they’re going to sink or swim with the kids on defense, which is smart. Throwing cash at journeyman players to get the team from six wins to eight wins is how you stay mediocre. Let Roberts and Nickerson put up or shut up and, if they fail this year, who cares? Don’t chase your own dick.

I disagree. Staying status quo constitutes living with deficiencies. These deficiencies are catastrophic. Without improvement at Corner and Center, there's no possible way they'll make the playoffs. Just because improving the team won't make them a SB team, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It's not impossible that Trumaine Johnson with better coaching and a better locker room will become at least close to the impact corner they paid him to be. If so it would be a big plus for the D. Any team needs an impact player at corner and that's what they're paying him for. 

No.  Johnson looked slow last year.  2015 Revis slow.  Bowles sucked but Johnson would have sucked with any coach

16 hours ago, Drums said:

I think a good example of this is the Packers game last year. The OL wasn't great but Darnold was running around making plays. Defense couldn't close it out at the end there. The Texans game was similar--last drive, those WRs ate us up.  Maybe you could blame those events on the play calling, but your point is still true. I'd breathe a sigh of relief if I came on here one day and saw that we signed Mo back, but I understand the hesitation if he is dealing with something serious like going to rehab as speculated earlier in this thread. If healthy, I think he's our best option to add some depth sans a trade. 

Bowles is gone and there is a new sheriff in town.  Hard to imagine that the same horses won't perform better now.  I'm confident in this regime till proven otherwise.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Bowles is gone and there is a new sheriff in town.  Hard to imagine that the same horses won't perform better now.  I'm confident in this regime till proven otherwise.    

Me too. It was a little hard to judge them last year. I think we will je good against the run this year but our weakness will be when teams spread us out and our LBs have to cover. I’m a bit worried about that. 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:32 PM, bealeb319 said:

The only offer that I have heard he got was a 1 year vet minimum deal with the bucs. I think he is worth more than that?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

the fact he hasn't taken that offer (if true) means he thinks he's worth more.  possibly.  based on his jets play he deserves at least a mid range contract even if for only one season.

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

the whole team will perform better this season.  historically the jets always seem to improve their record dramatically over the previous coach.  it's the second year in where they will either start continuing to be better or tune out and revert to historical form.