What style of football do find the most enjoyable

I’ll always be a fan of aggressive, attacking defenses that aren’t afraid to send the house, beat up QBs and force turnovers....never really been into those Tampa 2 style defenses that bend but don’t break(with exception to Dungy’s Bucs) 

On offense I favor a more balanced attack but lean more towards ball control and having the OL kick the sh!t out of you for long drives....

This style rarely wins today in the NFL but it will always be my fav...

Stiff defense, preferably 3-4, and smashmouth running game.  Break your opponents' will to compete, keep their offense off the field and tire out the defense.  Plus, that style means you dont have to deal with over priced, diva WRs. 

Also, outdoor football.  So glad Woody didnt get his Manhattan dome built, because i couldnt stomach rooting for a soft dome team.

38 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Stiff defense, preferably 3-4, and smashmouth running game.  Break your opponents' will to compete, keep their offense off the field and tire out the defense.  Plus, that style means you dont have to deal with over priced, diva WRs. 

Also, outdoor football.  So glad Woody didnt get his Manhattan dome built, because i couldnt stomach rooting for a soft dome team.

Yea that’s another reason why I favor smash mouth football.....although the league favors fast paced offense, up here in the northeast you have to have a team that can win in the elements....

22 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yea that’s another reason why I favor smash mouth football.....although the league favors fast paced offense, up here in the northeast you have to have a team that can win in the elements....

Yep.  Look at Brees' indoor/outdoor splits.  Peyton Manning Colts, 3-6 outdoors in the playoffs.  

We don't even know what uptempo looks like because our Jets have been the most boring offensive team in this league. 

There will be a lot less Jet fans selling tickets once JD gets an Oline in front of Darnold & we add 1 more tall fast stud WR. 

I don't care how they do it, prefer the uptempo but how about we score some freaking TDs on our 1st drives & continue to challenge defenses for 60 minutes, instead of our usual kick return to the 12, false start, 2 runs up the middle, punt offense, how about that? 

The kind where teams had a personality and you had multiple ways to win. You know when you played the Steelers, Bears, Giants etc you were in for a hard hitting game. If you played San Diego with Fouts or Miami with Marino or Kurt Warner's Rams they were gonna throw the ball all over the place.

Sadly those days are pretty much gone. Now everyone is the same. Get the QB throw the football cause the Defense can't basically do anything to stop it thanks to the league. 

Aggressive. Get after the QB, pass the ball. Up tempo offense. Go for it  on 4th downs. Attack

Bend but dont break, any drive that ends in a kick is a good one, play not lose Pennington yellow ball sucks. It sucks to watch and has the habit of keeping you never good enough to win anything and never bad enough to get access to elite players at the top of the draft. Its purgatory..

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Obviously today’s game is geared toward the pass.  And obviously you want your team to play the style that matches the talent of the team.  However I’m wondering what style of football do you enjoy the most to watch as a fan?  

To me, I love the style that Rex talked about playing   The old schooll, smash-mouth ground-and-pound offense and a physical/dominant defense.   Ideally with a solid passing game mixed in.   Think the mid-1980’s Giants and recent era Ravens. 

I know that style wouldn’t win in today’s  game btw so I’m not advocating that we play that way.  Again, I’m just saying I find that style the most enjoyable to watch. 

What say you?

Whatever style wins games and titles.