KC & Baltimore - How It's Done

JetsLife

On 9/27/2019 at 12:59 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I was hoping last season that Baltimore was stupid enough to let Harbaugh walk and the Jets would have a shot at him.

The Jets csn never have nice things. 

So?  Hire his brother next offseason to be head coach and GM after he leaves Michigan 

• Sympathy 1

He really wasn’t that great late in the season.  Better than he was earlier, but not like these other qbs.

He was literally the highest rated QB in the NFL over the final quarter of the season.

You can take those ratings for what they’re worth but, considering the talent around him and the fact he was a rookie who missed games due to injury, he was, in fact, every bit as good as those other QB’s

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, rammagen said:

Phill this is where i disagree kalil is a big step from our starting center last yr who could not hike the ball. Harrision is acareer back up he is what he is. Osellem is a upgrade and half over Carpenter. This to me makes it look like our scheme some players do not adjust well to different schemes Carpenter is a prime example the guy is not a zone blocker. so instead of try to adjust schemes and assignments we keep rolling the same oline scheme and hopes something sticks.

That is bad coaching

I don't doubt that there's some of that. But, c'mon, let's stop with revisionist history here: the Jets line sucks and has sucked forever.

Either you can block or you can't. So much over analysis. THEY SUCK. doesn't matter if this guy or that guy is supposed to be an upgrade. THEY AREN'T ANY UPGRADES in the starting unit the jets trotted out there the first 3 games. THEY JUST SUCK.

Right now, thank "god" for mononucleosis. Otherwise Darnold may have already lost a spleen.

I mean Jets QBs have just as much time as Geno Smith had that first year: NONE!! They get beat outside, they get beat inside. They get beat outside and inside at the same time!! Falk didn't even get what could be called a pocket the entire game.

It was the worst OL effort I can remember seeing...and that is saying something considering I've been watching the Jets. Unbelievably bad, considering they were coming off a bye.

Your point is taken. It's not like I see any great coaching genius from Gase. The Jets are comically bad this year. It's really sad how they treat their fans...

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, PepPep said:

Either way, we have the players to have a decent line to protect the QB and generate SOME offense. A LOT of the blame haI s to go on the coaching.

an effective OL is physical. NONE of the players you mentioned is physical. And older players drop off, like, say Beachum.

It's blocking. I keep hearing it's coaching. I just have my doubts that there's anything special about what the coaches are asking the players to do. When, in yesterday's first 3rd down, the RG gets beat like he wasn't even there, it's not coaching. It's getting beat.

I can't believe people so hate Gase that they would inflate the quality potential of this piece of hand-me-down, Goodwill, and retired players. The OL is garbage. If it were coached to its maximum it would still be trash.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, phill1c said:

an effective OL is physical. NONE of the players you mentioned is physical. And older players drop off, like, say Beachum.

It's blocking. I keep hearing it's coaching. I just have my doubts that there's anything special about what the coaches are asking the players to do. When, in yesterday's first 3rd down, the RG gets beat like he wasn't even there, it's not coaching. It's getting beat.

I can't believe people so hate Gase that they would inflate the quality potential of this piece of hand-me-down, Goodwill, and retired players. The OL is garbage. If it were coached to its maximum it would still be trash.

to me that is scheme. Carpenter is great example of taking a blocker and zone him into a zone scheme and he struggles with assignments because of shifts and stunts. that is what I think we are seeing now. They need to simplify the scheme something Gase did not do in Miami and I have not seen that change here or change the scheme a together. 

gases offense should not rely on needing a probowl qb to make the reads and audible every time to be successful.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:43 AM, PepPep said:

Eh, its not ALL about the draft. Most of those BAD draft picks are gone anyway.

Correct and not contributing like on other teams.

FAs have been picked up, including veteran depth guys.

A guy who retired and a guy who was given away for almost nothing this year to help the oline. OK, the midget slot wr. Aside from that not much in terms of FA signings to help the O. 

If you are trying to tell me that the roster is so devoid of talent on offense that they can't generate a few TDs that's nonsense.

Is it? The oline is hot garbage that can't really block anyone. The starting TE is out. The WRs are trash in general. Bell is great but teams are stacking the box every play in part because QB #3 is on the field. So yeah, it's currently clearly devoid of any real talent on the field. 

Yeah, Gase is making some poor choices, but let's not act like things are kosher otherwise or that he walked into a functional situation. The offense hasn't been coached up or bulked up talent wise for really a decade now. Once Mangold and Brick were drafted they road that gravy train until the wheels fell off.

• Thumb Down 1

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, rammagen said:

to me that is scheme. Carpenter is great example of taking a blocker and zone him into a zone scheme and he struggles with assignments because of shifts and stunts. that is what I think we are seeing now. They need to simplify the scheme something Gase did not do in Miami and I have not seen that change here or change the scheme a together. 

gases offense should not rely on needing a probowl qb to make the reads and audible every time to be successful.

I think that a) Carpenter could at least run block, I can't speak to this abilities to pass block and b) Carpenter was a journeyman whose best days were behind him, like most Jets OL.

I mean, the only OL we've had who was "home grown" is Brian Winters. And he most definitely sucks!! So, as everyone keeps saying "the OL was better than this with the same people..." they keep forgetting that "the same" Beachum is probably not as good as he was last year, never mind the stupid acquisition of retiree OL, who KNOW they aren't sh!t anymore. 

On needing a "probowl" qb, he doesn't have one on the roster, so I hope he's not needing that. The thing I've seen from ALL recent Jets HCs: they can't coach up the offense because, IMO, they never have a) studs up front, and b) receiving threats. And they STILL don't! 

4 hours ago, phill1c said:

I think that a) Carpenter could at least run block, I can't speak to this abilities to pass block and b) Carpenter was a journeyman whose best days were behind him, like most Jets OL.

I mean, the only OL we've had who was "home grown" is Brian Winters. And he most definitely sucks!! So, as everyone keeps saying "the OL was better than this with the same people..." they keep forgetting that "the same" Beachum is probably not as good as he was last year, never mind the stupid acquisition of retiree OL, who KNOW they aren't sh!t anymore. 

On needing a "probowl" qb, he doesn't have one on the roster, so I hope he's not needing that. The thing I've seen from ALL recent Jets HCs: they can't coach up the offense because, IMO, they never have a) studs up front, and b) receiving threats. And they STILL don't! 

here is thing center,  lg were supposedly upgraded. and wether you want to blame age or scheme they are not performing, the only time Gase has had some playoff success is either with a weak schedule (miami made the playoffs) or with peyton manning. 

I think a good qb covers for gase more then the teams weakness. These bad play calling wil have some success based on same how much remains to be seen though

On 10/8/2019 at 3:52 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

Correct and not contributing like on other teams.

A guy who retired and a guy who was given away for almost nothing this year to help the oline. OK, the midget slot wr. Aside from that not much in terms of FA signings to help the O. 

the also signed bell

17 hours ago, rammagen said:

the also signed bell

Yeah, and I mentioned him in the post you down voted for disagreeing with you. Yes, I did forget to mark him down as a FA signing, and instead made comment to having Bell (which is great), but also having no o-line. Prior to this year was the offense ever really a priority the last decade? One FA period is a very small sample.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, Ghost420 said:

It is easy to stop a rb when he is your only weapon. No1 is scares of our wr1s. Im bot defending the offense it has been bad also

I think we have some talent at WR.  But it is irrelevant when you have an oline that is hot garbage.  An all star RB is also irrelevant behind a dumpster fire of an oline.  we hoped that our oline was average at best.  we were dead wrong.  our oline is has been atrocious.  is it coaching that has 3 of 5 olinemen able to actually see their own qb get sacked?  That is hot effing garbage in a dumpster fire bad...

10 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I think we have some talent at WR.  But it is irrelevant when you have an oline that is hot garbage.  An all star RB is also irrelevant behind a dumpster fire of an oline.  we hoped that our oline was average at best.  we were dead wrong.  our oline is has been atrocious.  is it coaching that has 3 of 5 olinemen able to actually see their own qb get sacked?  That is hot effing garbage in a dumpster fire bad...

We have decent players at WR. We don't have anyone the other team is scared of or really has to gameplan for 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, and I mentioned him in the post you down voted for disagreeing with you. Yes, I did forget to mark him down as a FA signing, and instead made comment to having Bell (which is great), but also having no o-line. Prior to this year was the offense ever really a priority the last decade? One FA period is a very small sample.

They added olineman you would expect to be better ... at some point you have to look at the blocking scheme yes they ignored the offense but they did add, they have some talent at wr, tight-end without Herdon is a series of back ups. But you have one of the best running backs in the league and the coach cant figure out how to get him into positions that succeed, and the line can fun block?

To me the offense is not as devoid of talent as people are making it seem most of the issues I see is on the coach. play calling and the rigid scheme he is running

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, rammagen said:

here is thing center,  lg were supposedly upgraded. and wether you want to blame age or scheme they are not performing, the only time Gase has had some playoff success is either with a weak schedule (miami made the playoffs) or with peyton manning. 

I think a good qb covers for gase more then the teams weakness. These bad play calling wil have some success based on same how much remains to be seen though

After Sunday's game, I think the hot seat got a little less hot. And...I have to say that my favorite whipping boy--Winters--had a decent game (for him): His name was not called for a penalty. In all the Jets OL played like an under-talented, yet professional NFL offensive line. Run blocking sucked, as usual, but pass blocking was plausible.

Darnold had a very good game. He showed great footwork and pocket awareness. and, surprisingly, there actually WAS a pocket mostly. The INT is something to learn from. He will.

The WRs played well: got open, caught the ball, ran after it.

The second half was typical Jets let-up. I won't dwell on it.

Anyway, props to the OL on their performance, which was enough to get a win.