Jeudy or Lamb...get one

Untouchable

I think we’ve all, or at least most of us, come to grips with the likelihood that the Jets are winning at least 2-3 more games this year and finishing outside of the Top 5 pecking order.

If that’s the case, then honestly...f*ck taking one of the lesser OT’s.

The OL should be bolstered by the time we arrive at the draft anyway. Though of course, I would still want to add at least one more quality OL by the 3rd round at the latest.

But I’m not completely sold on any of the lot that includes Wirfs, Leatherwood, Jackson, Little, etc.

I think a lot of fans have this misplaced mindset that OL are safer picks than many other positions. Despite the fact that OT has one of the highest bust rates of any position in the 1st round over the last 10-12 years.

If we were somehow in position to land Andrew Thomas, then sure, take him without thinking twice. 

But I’m not taking one of these 2nd rate OL over guys like Jeudy or Lamb, either of which would be the most talented wideout we’ve had since at least the days of Al Toon and would provide a go-to target in the passing game for the next decade barring injury.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I would not mind Jeudy or Lamb. I'd prefer Jeudy just b/c I think he has bigger upside. However, Jets could still look for a trade down or possibly land the top CB (Okudha). I also think Wirfs has very low bust potential and is very close to A.Thomas as far as an O-line prospect. To me, the drop off starts after those two. Wirfs is also the type of guy that can move insode and play OG, hes probably more versatile than A.Thomas if not as polished in pass protection. 

I think the problem with taking Juedy or Lamb #1 for the Jets is that this is such a deep draft at the WR position and the Jets have so many needs. So once you pass on O-line, Edge and CB in the first round, you better make sure you hit on at least one of those later in the draft, and its going to be hard as the talent starts to dry up while theres still plenty of WRs on the board and you have already taken Jeudy or Lamb. 

• 3 weeks later...

All aboard the Lamb train 

He’s officially overtaken Jeudy as my favorite WR in the draft.

Kid looks like a clone of DeAndre Hopkins. Attacks the hell out of the ball, great at using his body to shield defenders and has the speed to get behind a defense.

Jeudy, similar to Amari Cooper coming out, seems to have an issue with concentration drops. It was on full display in both Alabama losses to LSU and Auburn. I don’t think he has the athletic ability to scare teams at the next level either. Great route runner and very savvy, again, similar to Cooper...and I think that’s essentially who he is at the next level. Solid, respectable #1.

Lamb has the potential to be one of the true elites at the position within 2-3 years time.

Assuming the Jets address the OL in FA and guys like Andrew Thomas and Chase Young are off the board, I’m all about pairing Lamb with Darnold for the next decade plus.

• Upvote 3

We’re going to be in another rebuilding period, it looks like.

A shiny new WR would be nice, but I’m thinking we should concentrate on the OL and then ER and CB. That seems to be where good teams are solid, along with the QB position of course.

If Darnold is a good QB, when given time in the pocket, he will be able to throw guys open.

They’re nice to have, but teams can win without star WRs.

• Sympathy 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

We’re going to be in another rebuilding period, it looks like.

A shiny new WR would be nice, but I’m thinking we should concentrate on the OL and then ER and CB. That seems to be where good teams are solid, along with the QB position of course.

If Darnold is a good QB, when given time in the pocket, he will be able to throw guys open.

They’re nice to have, but teams can win without star WRs.

jets absolutely must take OL early- darnold needs protection or he’s not going to have a long career. and with the talent level of some of these monster DL’s right now it elevates the value of some of these elite OL just due to their relative scarcity 

• Sympathy 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, cant wait said:

jets absolutely must take OL early- darnold needs protection or he’s not going to have a long career. and with the talent level of some of these monster DL’s right now it elevates the value of some of these elite OL just due to their relative scarcity 

We need two first round picks 

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Both Jeudy and Lamb will be gone by the time the Jets pick.

nah, Lamb isn't that bullet proof.  This board has gone a little lamb crazy (heh) over recent weeks. Not saying it's impossible, but odds are better lamb gets selected in the 16-32 range than 1-15

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

nah, Lamb isn't that bullet proof.  This board has gone a little lamb crazy (heh) over recent weeks. Not saying it's impossible, but odds are better lamb gets selected in the 16-32 range than 1-15

Really, I've seen Draft Boards that have Lamb rated as high as the #6 player in the draft.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Really, I've seen Draft Boards that have Lamb rated as high as the #6 player in the draft.

Who's Phil1s? lol

The same boards thought Hakeem Butler was going to go (Locked) top 20, maybe in top 10 last year.

He went in the 4th round. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Who's Phil1s? lol

The same boards thought Hakeem Butler was going to go (Locked) top 20, maybe in top 10 last year.

He went in the 4th round. 

Frankly, I prefer the Jets take an O lineman in the first round and get either Laviska Shenault Jr. or Antonio Gandy-Golden a little later. They both remind me of Anquan Boldin, and I loved Anquan Boldin. With today's rules Boldin would be an absolute terror.

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Frankly, I prefer the Jets take an O lineman in the first round and get either Laviska Shenault Jr. or Antonio Gandy-Golden a little later. They both remind me of Anquan Boldin, and I loved Anquan Boldin. With today's rules Boldin would be an absolute terror.

Totally cool with me if we snag AGG, but I will literally die if we spend a pick before the 4th round on Shenault.