NFL free agents 2020: Jets’ Robby Anderson guaranteed 1,000 yards – now he (comically) says stats don’t matter

Apache 51

The answer is very simple, if he accepts a reasonable contract, then we sign him. The problem is I think he overvalues himself and will want more than he is worth. We have seen 4 years of Robby and he has shown spurts where he is very valuable, but in my opinion not enough. So, I would love for him to return on a reasonable contract, but I think he will go for the money, which is his prerogative, and I will wish him the best.

I've said since this off-season that Robby would be nothing more than the 3rd or 4th option behind Crowder,  Bell and at the time Herndon. Now it's Crowder,  Bell and Thomas. There was literally nothing to suggest that Robby would have a big role in this offense when you looked at Gases offense through his history.  His offense has always been run through the slot. Robby may be better than I think on another team but in this offense he doesn't have the route running skills required to be a major target.  Say what you want about Crowder, Bell and Thomas but they are all more reliable WR's than Robby. Leo and Robby should've been traded prior to the season. 

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/144203-anderson-expects-a-big-year-in-gase-offense/?tab=comments#comment-4052062

This thread is from back in April. 

23 hours ago, Larz said:

When Romo did the Jets game he said Robby was open all year but the Jets couldn’t get him the ball 

Other teams will notice that as well 

he has absurd speed and strong hands 

in the right situation he is a game changer 

The strong hands, like the ones that dropped a TD in said strong hands last week? From the moment that happened the game went from competitive to...something not good. 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The strong hands, like the ones that dropped a TD in said strong hands last week? From the moment that happened the game went from competitive to...something not good. 

Not only does he have strong hands he wins most jump balls and tracks deep throws beautifully 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Not only does he have strong hands he wins most jump balls and tracks deep throws beautifully 

Once again, because a player wears green, fans here are fast to overrate him. A player looking for this kind of big ass contract makes that catch, period. If he catches that TD the game totally changes.While last Sunday is one big bad play, it's pretty typical. It's no longer a small sample. If he grabs that TD, would be inclined to agree with you. Alas, that's not the case. 

Are we going to pay for production or potential of a guy who's been here for a while? Anderson has great speed and that's about it. The rest of his game is nothing special. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Once again, because a player wears green, fans here are fast to overrate him. A player looking for this kind of big ass contract makes that catch, period. If he catches that TD the game totally changes.While last Sunday is one big bad play, it's pretty typical. It's no longer a small sample. If he grabs that TD, would be inclined to agree with you. Alas, that's not the case. 

Are we going to pay for production or potential of a guy who's been here for a while? Anderson has great speed and that's about it. The rest of his game is nothing special. 

We disagree then. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wouldnt let your best and only receiver walk. He's not a good match for Darnold I guess though either. 

Well, that's because the moron since fired GM didn't draft nor sign offensive talent spare QB. On a decent NFL team, he's a 2/3 WR, not the top target. Once again, Anderson did very little to improve his strength in the offseason. No indication that would change with a big contract.

Just now, Bugg said:

Well, that's because the moron since fired GM didn't draft nor sign offensive talent spare QB. On a decent NF team, he's a 2/3 WR, not the top target. Once again, Anderson did very little to improve his strength in the offseason. No indication that would change with a big contract.

Certainly some risk paying him. But I think he's better than what we've seen and the Jets have no one else. Thomas is old and wont be back. Crowder is a slot/jag and easily replaceable. There's no young guys either behind them. With all of the positions that need immediate help, letting your one asset on offense walk seems risky.

Darnold is not a good deep ball thrower however. Anderson balled out with ancient Josh Mccown. 

23 hours ago, Losmeister said:

and wtf is our 28 million dollar man, Crowder doing???

Quincy enunwa 36 million???

this picking on the UDFA, RA ???

is so much nonsense...

the only dangerous offensive player we have...   busy waiting on underthrown passes that should be TDs.

I like that new Signature. Crowder can play...Q is never available.