Yesterday's Attendance

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I watch my section all the time price wise. THere is a savings, this week was brutal with $17 lower level tickets. But don't forget the fees, the savings aren't as big as you think when you factor that in. There were several games this year that seats around me sold for a significant gain. Doesn't matter to me, I never sell my seats. Just saying it isn't a big enough savings to have to search for new seats each week, sit around different people etc.

Agree you get to know other fans who are there like yourself every week. You know where to park what gate to use,where the bathrooms are and what the concessions are in your area.  

Owning seats and being the same place weekly is less hectic and stressful than sitting different sections every game. It allows you to get in a comfort zone and enjoy the game. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I always thought that the guy with the 90 foot RV was the other half.  LOL.  

Everyone is at different stages of their lives and careers so the perspective on spending money varies greatly.  My point is that everything is relative.  If you can spend $5 grand on something that is gone in a week, $8 grand over 10+ years is easier to justify.   

You know I am just messing around. It is all relative for sure. But I had years when I didn't have the money and I put the Jets tickets on a charge card (true story). I just always made it a priority and was willing to sacrifice elsewhere. Small things like paying my mortgage on time haha.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Didn't you recently buy a $100,000 RV with a $10,000 toilet (that you won't let me use)?

SAR I

Not true. The guy I bought it from paid over $100,000 for it but that was over 10 years ago. And you never stop by to say hi so we don't even have to lock the toilet.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

You forgot to calculate all the games you over payed for....all games including preseason you could of got for a fraction of the price on third party sites. 

That psl is costing you a lot more than you think

Not worried about saving a few hundred dollars a year when they are bad.  Like most on this forum, I am looking forward to better days. Otherwise why waste time here.... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I watch my section all the time price wise. THere is a savings, this week was brutal with $17 lower level tickets. But don't forget the fees, the savings aren't as big as you think when you factor that in. There were several games this year that seats around me sold for a significant gain. Doesn't matter to me, I never sell my seats. Just saying it isn't a big enough savings to have to search for new seats each week, sit around different people etc.

Just taking into account the two preseason games and the last two Games [fins and Steelers] of the season you over paid for your tickets by about $800 just for those 4 games. Only 3 games went for face or over face this year [bills cowboys and giants]

6 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Just taking into account the two preseason games and the last two Games [fins and Steelers] of the season you over paid for your tickets by about $800 just for those 4 games. Only 3 games went for face or over face this year [bills cowboys and giants]

Do you own a dog?

SAR I

8 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

But I just received a Joe Klecko autographed football yesterday as a thank you for being a STH.  Also got two Anthony Becht signed footballs and four Eric Coleman signed footballs.  That knocks the $800 overpay down to $700.  

8 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Not true. The Patriots game sold for much more than face in my section and the Steelers if you sold it early in the year was really high.

Face value of the preseason games is lower with the sliding scale now. I go to those games too so I don't mind actually.

The biggest crime here is that they're charging me $125 to park each week.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Not true. The Patriots game sold for much more than face in my section and the Steelers if you sold it early in the year was really high.

Face value of the preseason games is lower with the sliding scale now. I go to those games too so I don't mind actually.

I used to donate the pre-season games to the United Way, the NY Jets included the envelope in the season ticket package.  

Thats insane $125 to park an RV. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I'm not talking about selling  tickets. If you buy them two or three days before the Game instead of paying for a psl and paying full price for tickets. 

I went to the patriots game for below face On eBay if that game was on Sunday then if it would be a different story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, SAR I said:

It was the worst 30 minutes I ever spent at MetLife Stadium, forced to get to the lot early to get a good spot, staying in the car to keep my little guy warm, and THE FINAL COUNT-DOOOWWWNNNN over and over again from some damned tailgate van covered in Jets decals, I couldn't take it.

SAR I

4-F95-ABF4-4-DB3-42-F6-8-F9-D-7-B1-AB409

These are the bastard tailgaters in Lot E playing The Final Countdown which is still stuck in my head for weeks. 

If you know them, shoot them. Please. 

SAR I

On 12/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, joewilly12 said:

I used to donate the pre-season games to the United Way, the NY Jets included the envelope in the season ticket package.  

Thats insane $125 to park an RV. 

They still have United Way contributions.  It's electronic transfer now like everything else.  Pre season tickets go there.  Always hope it gives some kids a chance to actually go and watch up close, that otherwise they wouldn't have. Plus the deduction is sweet.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2019 at 9:09 AM, SAR I said:

I don't know anyone who bought their Jets tickets as an 'investment', do you?  Attending live sporting events is probably the biggest waste of money an otherwise reasonable person would ever consider spending.  Family of 4 in decent LL or Mezzanine Jets seats is spending $5,000 a year, in the last 10 years has spent $50,000 to watch the Jets lose.

I get billed monthly, 12 annual installments, I could have a 4th BMW for what I'm paying.  Ain't no investment.  Just different degrees of frivolous spending.

SAR I

I usually choose jets over gambling, prostitutes, drugs and alcohol  There is no logic there, but it is what it is.  

• Haha 2