Yesterday's Attendance

2 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

A decent vacation costs what I paid for my PSL’s. As a fan who enjoys going to the games not matter what, the PSL’s were the best thing to happen as I got much better seats in the new Air Conditioner looking stadium vs Giants Stadium.  

Simple, right?

And the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008.  Add up what we expected to pay in a brand new stadium and what we weren't charged?  In my case, that difference over the last 10 years paid off my PSL's entirely.

The whole PSL thing turns out to be a whole lot of nothing.  Didn't cost anything.  What it did was allow fans on waitlists or in bad locations to get great seats.  That's a good thing, not a bad thing.  The Shea Stadium generation was taken care of when they moved to Giants Stadium.  Then the Giants Stadium generation was taken care of when we moved to MetLife Stadium.  It's all good.  Except for youngsters who believe what they hear on sports radio.

SAR I

2 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

PSL’s were a investment in prime seat location. I am sure there are many out there that have so much Jet junk at their house or man cave as many like to call it, that what they spent equals my PSL’s. I don’t collect junk. My avg cost of the PSL spread out over all the games I have attended at Met Life is around $50 at this point, plus I get access to get tickets to all events before the public. I have seen some great concerts in prime locations. 

Exactly.

My PSL worked out to $13 per seat per game.  Even if the Jets did raise ticket prices the way we thought, and they of course didn't, it would have been beer money.  That's what all these years of PSL bickering is about.  The cost of 1 beer and 1 pretzel per game.  Last Sunday at the Fins game I bought my son a hot chocolate ($9) and a pair of chocolate chip cookies ($8)......OMG, where's the protest over that?

Hey, if someone can't afford $13 a game to get great seats I understand, we were all young and poor once.  But jeez, enough already with the "Jets suck PSL's are the worst pretend fan outrage goes here".

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Simple, right?

And the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008.  Add up what we expected to pay in a brand new stadium and what we weren't charged?  In my case, that difference over the last 10 years paid off my PSL's entirely.

The whole PSL thing turns out to be a whole lot of nothing.  Didn't cost anything.  What it did was allow fans on waitlists or in bad locations to get great seats.  That's a good thing, not a bad thing.  The Shea Stadium generation was taken care of when they moved to Giants Stadium.  Then the Giants Stadium generation was taken care of when we moved to MetLife Stadium.  It's all good.  Except for youngsters who believe what they hear on sports radio.

SAR I

Not related to anything but ever since you mentioned that Final Countdowm song the damn thing has been playing in my head constantly. I found myself looking up vintage parachute pants and Members Only jackets. It’s that damn horn section that gets me every time. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not related to anything but ever since you mentioned that Final Countdowm song the damn thing has been playing in my head constantly. I found myself looking up vintage parachute pants and Members Only jackets. It’s that damn horn section that gets me every time. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Sorry to be the bad guy, but if you bought football tickets as an investment in 2008, at best, you're probably the same people who buy gold coins off daytime television commercials, and at worst you probably send money to "lawyers" overseas to facilitate the return of untold fortunes from long lost uncles, and you got exactly what you deserved.

I don't know anyone who bought their Jets tickets as an 'investment', do you?  Attending live sporting events is probably the biggest waste of money an otherwise reasonable person would ever consider spending.  Family of 4 in decent LL or Mezzanine Jets seats is spending $5,000 a year, in the last 10 years has spent $50,000 to watch the Jets lose.

I get billed monthly, 12 annual installments, I could have a 4th BMW for what I'm paying.  Ain't no investment.  Just different degrees of frivolous spending.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Tell Roger  'THE DODGER' Goddell that .

17,000 wealthy people purchased a PSL with an average of 3 seats per license 11 years ago and spent the equivalent of $7 to $18 per game for that privilege. 

Since then, with the advent of Stubhub and smartphones, non-season ticket holders can get those same seats below face value with no PSL at all.

So WTF are you complaining about?  About how much money I spent in 2008?  You don't have to worry about that.  I'm wearing a $30,000 wristwatch.  I spend PSL money on a single vacation every year.  The people who bought PSL's had the money then and they have it now.  You don't need to worry about us.  We're doing just fine, thanks.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It was the worst 30 minutes I ever spent at MetLife Stadium, forced to get to the lot early to get a good spot, staying in the car to keep my little guy warm, and THE FINAL COUNT-DOOOWWWNNNN over and over again from some damned tailgate van covered in Jets decals, I couldn't take it.

SAR I

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It was the worst 30 minutes I ever spent at MetLife Stadium, forced to get to the lot early to get a good spot, staying in the car to keep my little guy warm, and THE FINAL COUNT-DOOOWWWNNNN over and over again from some damned tailgate van covered in Jets decals, I couldn't take it.

SAR I

Next time wear insulated underwear. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Was it @GREENBEAN van?  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Next time wear insulated underwear. 

We did, the really good stuff too.

Thing is, to avoid traffic and losing spots in Lot E we arrive at the stadium around 11:00.  So we've got an hour to kill before we can settle into our seats with lunch.  Usually we'd go down to the LL and watch warmups but I didn't want my little guy to get cold too soon and lose his energy before the game, so we hung in the warm car.  Except Final Countdown ruined it.

SAR I

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I was on the payment plan.  I paid about half and then a buddy of mine told me he walked away without repercussions and he couldn't be happier.  I did the same the following season and have no regrets (other than buying into the B.S. "its and investment" nonsense and pissing away a few grand).

I fully paid the $8 grand total for 2 seats in Mezz A, not as an investment but more to guarantee playoff tix when the glory years kicked in.  Still waiting on that one.  They are in the first row so I can usually get most of my money back on the tix, but I am also considering giving them up.  The PSL fee, while annoying is not a huge financial consideration.  If I go on a cruise or a weeklong vacation I will spend $5-8 thousand for the week and and then it is gone, so viewed with that perspective I still have the seats after 10 years and am fully aware that the PSL is worthless (actually eliminated now).   

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

I fully paid the $8 grand total for 2 seats in Mezz A, not as an investment but more to guarantee playoff tix when the glory years kicked in.  Still waiting on that one.  They are in the first row so I can usually get most of my money back on the tix, but I am also considering giving them up.  The PSL fee, while annoying is not a huge financial consideration.  If I go on a cruise or a weeklong vacation I will spend $5-8 thousand for the week and and then it is gone, so viewed with that perspective I still have the seats after 10 years and am fully aware that the PSL is worthless (actually eliminated now).   

That is how the other half lives. Must be nice. I am happy for you guys.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The worst 30 minutes I spent at the stadium would be hard to decide. I could name the 2nd half of about ten games, not sure which one I would choose though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

We did, the really good stuff too.

Thing is, to avoid traffic and losing spots in Lot E we arrive at the stadium around 11:00.  So we've got an hour to kill before we can settle into our seats with lunch.  Usually we'd go down to the LL and watch warmups but I didn't want my little guy to get cold too soon and lose his energy before the game, so we hung in the warm car.  Except Final Countdown ruined it.

SAR I

you should move to the Mezz clubs, the little guy can eat and enjoy in the warmth.  it's only a little bit more expensive and the view is better.

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is how the other half lives. Must be nice. I am happy for you guys.

I always thought that the guy with the 90 foot RV was the other half.  LOL.  

Everyone is at different stages of their lives and careers so the perspective on spending money varies greatly.  My point is that everything is relative.  If you can spend $5 grand on something that is gone in a week, $8 grand over 10+ years is easier to justify.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Sorry to be the bad guy, but if you bought football tickets as an investment in 2008, at best, you're probably the same people who buy gold coins off daytime television commercials, and at worst you probably send money to "lawyers" overseas to facilitate the return of untold fortunes from long lost uncles, and you got exactly what you deserved.

Seat location investment, upper deck in GS to 2nd row MEZZ.  Good move and the funds came from some dude I never met before from Egypt.  

Go to a lot of games yourself?  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Simple, right?

SAR I

Yes, very simple math and convenience.  Mezz Yankee tickets are more expensive that Jets Mezz tix.  Good thing if you could afford the upfront hit and def was a good way to improve your view.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

My PSL worked out to $13 per seat per game.  Even if the Jets did raise ticket prices the way we thought, and they of course didn't, it would have been beer money.  That's what all these years of PSL bickering is about.  The cost of 1 beer and 1 pretzel per game.  Last Sunday at the Fins game I bought my son a hot chocolate ($9) and a pair of chocolate chip cookies ($8)......OMG, where's the protest over that?

Hey, if someone can't afford $13 a game to get great seats I understand, we were all young and poor once.  But jeez, enough already with the "Jets suck PSL's are the worst pretend fan outrage goes here".

SAR I

Most sections in the Mezz no longer have PSL's so that excuse is gone and I think what many forget is that I started this to try to get more Jet fans to actually attend the game to get more green in the stadium, but it appears that many want the green in their wallets....  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Green DNA said:

yes guarantee is a better word.  and BTW the price of vacations is ridiculous these days, but got to do them.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Seat location investment, upper deck in GS to 2nd row MEZZ.  Good move and the funds came from some dude I never met before from Egypt.  

Go to a lot of games yourself?  

Every game I want to.  Thanks for asking.

I'll just say this.  STs in the family since 1990.  A ton of regulars at Giants Stadium (sect 123), who would show up no matter the weather or record.  A lot of those regulars, even the ones who could afford PSLs, said screw it after 2009.  I think a lot had to do with timing/optics of the PSLs.  It could have been handled better.  When GS was closing and Metlife was opening, we were coming out of the financial crisis.  A lot of people just weren't having it that the Jets were asking them for $20K up front just to purchase the rights to the 4 seats they had for over a decade.  Whether you agree with that attitude or not, that's what happened with a lot of people.  I had people tell me they were just going to buy a bigger boat, go on another vacation, etc.  I truly think that if the Jets just slapped an extra $500 on to their ST bills and didn't call it a PSL, a lot of those fans would still have STs.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

you should move to the Mezz clubs, the little guy can eat and enjoy in the warmth.  it's only a little bit more expensive and the view is better.

Agreed, but the tickets are more expensive and I doubt I could land 4 seats in Row 1 like I have now.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The worst 30 minutes I spent at the stadium would be hard to decide. I could name the 2nd half of about ten games, not sure which one I would choose though.

30 minutes there (f__ the new dump) after the fake spike; never been to any event where the crowd went from screaming frenzy to almost silent that fast.  Or 2nd half of the Vinny injury, opening day 1999.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

PSL’s were a investment in prime seat location. I am sure there are many out there that have so much Jet junk at their house or man cave as many like to call it, that what they spent equals my PSL’s. I don’t collect junk. My avg cost of the PSL spread out over all the games I have attended at Met Life is around $50 at this point, plus I get access to get tickets to all events before the public. I have seen some great concerts in prime locations. 

You forgot to calculate all the games you over payed for....all games including preseason you could of got for a fraction of the price on third party sites. 

That psl is costing you a lot more than you think

2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

You forgot to calculate all the games you over payed for....all games including preseason you could of got for a fraction of the price on third party sites. 

That psl is costing you a lot more than you think

I watch my section all the time price wise. THere is a savings, this week was brutal with $17 lower level tickets. But don't forget the fees, the savings aren't as big as you think when you factor that in. There were several games this year that seats around me sold for a significant gain. Doesn't matter to me, I never sell my seats. Just saying it isn't a big enough savings to have to search for new seats each week, sit around different people etc.