Do you actually want to trade JA?

quietjets

I think Jets should sign a long deal to JA start with 3 million salary cap in 2006 rather than 8.3 million FT to JA. with SB it may be about 5 million counting against salary cap... It is still a good deal and it may help to get few good and cheap veterans to boost vulnerable Jets.

JA will be a monster if we get Kemoeatu or similar one.

Best case scenario...

Jets Tag abe....The redskins offer a huge offer sheet and he accepts. We take their 1st this yr and their 1st next yr and be done with him.

Highly unlikely,The Jets never get the BCS.

Not only highly unlikely, but impossible.

Skins have no 1st-rounder. I still would be open to negotiate with them though. I like Ramsey, I like Arrington, and I like their 1st rounder in 2007.:)

Skins have no 1st-rounder. I still would be open to negotiate with them though. I like Ramsey, I like Arrington, and I like their 1st rounder in 2007.:)

I didn't mean only the skins...I edited.

I don't think anyone's going to do the two-1's for the franchise player anymore unless it's a superstar QB. The next time it works out well for a team to do this would be the first. They lose two very promising young players & get one who kills their salary cap & has low incentive to perform. After receiving a $20M SB he's uncuttable for 3-4 years unless his career's potentially over (i.e. Pennington). And don't think the players don't know this as soon as the check's cleared.

So since the Jets obviously have it in mind NOT to offer Abe a long-term contract, and you don't franchise a 1-dimensional pass-rusher for >$8M while you're trying to rebuild for the long term with complete players, BCS for the Jets is really:

- Trade for a first-round pick even-up (any more, like a 3rd, is gravy);

- If that's unavailable or there are no first-round offers since everyone knows the Jets' intentions to not keep him, take the best pick someone offers, which may end up being a mid-2nd-rounder;

- Trade even-up for a player that won't kill another team's cap (Schaub/Atl, etc), or to a team that can afford the cap hit (Rivers/SD, etc);

Rivers may suck giant cowballs, but he's got a lot of potential, and he's dirt-cheap. Acquiring Charlie Wright would cost more money in the short-term. If he's that bad, he's cuttable with no penalty (like Jolley) since someone else paid his SB.

Hard to see any team giving to #1s for as one dimensional and "me first" player as Abraham. How do you sell that to the prospective team and it's fan base? He's a great pass rushes but that's it. If they can grab a high 1st rounder and a solid starter at a position of need, do it.

Troll - Arrington is done. his knee is shot and he just doesn't have the speed or explosion he used to. he didn't fit within the 'system' concept w/gregg williams i can only assume that mangini is similar in philosophy.

ramsey is a possibilty but he is still shell-shocked from the beating he took in the spurrier experiment. he also throws way too many picks and takes too many sacks.

abe for ladell betts and patrick ramsey is a possiblity, but i would still rather have schaub.

Best case scenario...

Jets Tag abe....Somebody offers him a huge offer sheet and he accepts. We take their 1st this yr and their 1st next yr and be done with him.

Highly unlikely,The Jets never get the BCS.

Problem is that how many teams will willingly lose at least draft pick for JA?

Chiefs and Eagles are interesting in him but only he is a FA not FP. They will shift their attention to Howard(if not FT) or Kampman or Edwards disregarding unimpressive last season once JA is tagged as franchise player...

Nor will Broncos give up 2 first rounders for him.

I cant see JA will be dealt whilst he is tagged as Franchise Player... Believe me..... Jets would be lucky to get ONE 2nd rounder for JA.

I am sorry but it is realistic.:sad:

Problem is that how many teams will willingly lose at least draft pick for JA?

I cant see JA will be dealt whilst he is tagged as Franchise Player... Believe me..... Jets would be lucky to get ONE 2nd rounder for JA.

I am sorry but it is realistic.:sad:

I'm sorry but that is bullsh*t. No way do we accept one 2nd rounder for Jabe, that is ridiculous and if by som stretch of the imagination that becomes truth then we need to just keep him and work something out. Remember, Jabe was picked like 13th in the first round and he has NOT been a bust like so many others and instead has become one of the best at what he does so no way should he warrant less than that.

I'm sorry but that is bullsh*t. No way do we accept one 2nd rounder for Jabe, that is ridiculous and if by som stretch of the imagination that becomes truth then we need to just keep him and work something out. Remember, Jabe was picked like 13th in the first round and he has NOT been a bust like so many others and instead has become one of the best at what he does so no way should he warrant less than that.

if the falcons would take a 2nd rd pick for schaub then i would take a 2nd rd pick for abe and trade it for schaub.

I dont know what my English said but what i have said that means JEts wont get a good deal in JA trade...

Hard to see any team giving to #1s for as one dimensional and "me first" player as Abraham. How do you sell that to the prospective team and it's fan base? He's a great pass rushes but that's it. If they can grab a high 1st rounder and a solid starter at a position of need, do it.

Denver.

Big Ben (I know, but his name involves too much work) had an eternity to stand back and pick apart Denver. They had NO pass rush whatsoever.

Abe may be one dimensional, but he would add to Denver what they lost in Reggie Hayward. Ironically, Hayward bolted to Jacksonville, who lacked a pass rush.

Abe is a threat. You must account for him on every play. Abe could be the missing piece and having two #1's would only make this deal better for both sides.

I do admit that I would hate to part with him, but Abe is an enigma. He's rarely healthy enough to play an entire season, but he can change the games he does play in. I also realize that Abe could haunt us, since he'd be in the same conference, but acquiring their #22 or #29 would help us in so many ways.

From Denver's point of view, what can they do, outside of drafting Kiwanuka from BC(IF he somehow drops that far)? I am unaware of any free agents on the market that are as good as Abe.

The Denver scenario might work, but since the picks are low 1st round, I would rather expad the trade to include others, or at least another pick, even up for Abe. I still think the Rivers deal makes the most sence, especially with his Q/B coach here as OC.

Denver.

Big Ben (I know, but his name involves too much work) had an eternity to stand back and pick apart Denver. They had NO pass rush whatsoever.

Abe may be one dimensional, but he would add to Denver what they lost in Reggie Hayward. Ironically, Hayward bolted to Jacksonville, who lacked a pass rush.

Abe is a threat. You must account for him on every play. Abe could be the missing piece and having two #1's would only make this deal better for both sides.

I do admit that I would hate to part with him, but Abe is an enigma. He's rarely healthy enough to play an entire season, but he can change the games he does play in. I also realize that Abe could haunt us, since he'd be in the same conference, but acquiring their #22 or #29 would help us in so many ways.

From Denver's point of view, what can they do, outside of drafting Kiwanuka from BC(IF he somehow drops that far)? I am unaware of any free agents on the market that are as good as Abe.

Not just Denver (who do seem to have the ammo to get the deal done), but alot of teams would be willing to give up something of value for Abe. He's in the prime of his career, a three time Pro Bowler, and can change the game. Despite what the popular opinion is among Jets fans, Abe will probably be the most sought after FA, because of his ability. And, if you have his ability, everyone will take a chance on you.

As for the topic, like Troll, I'd trade Abe, if the value is there. What people seem to forget is that Abe doesn't have to be traded. He can still be with the team. Other teams have to make it worth the Jets while to trade him. A second round pick or a back up QB just isn't going to get it done. At least in my opinion. If Bradway was still the GM, it might get it done. But, I'd like to think (hope?) that the new people in power actually try to get something of value in return for their game changing player.

I'd try to get both of Denver's first round picks, this season. If I couldn't, I'd try for their first and second. MJ, as usual, brought up a good idea. You figure this... for their first two picks, the Broncos get a decent rookie and John Abraham. That's an easy sell, and they'd go into the season as a heavy favorite. That and getting to play KC twice ain't bad. ;)

The Denver scenario might work, but since the picks are low 1st round, I would rather expad the trade to include others, or at least another pick, even up for Abe. I still think the Rivers deal makes the most sence, especially with his Q/B coach here as OC.

So you'd rather have Abe with a 1-year $8.3M contract or give him a $20M SB than pick up those two Denver #1's where we could grab two of:

-Marcus McNeill

-Max Jean-Giles

-Bobby Carpenter

-Gabe Watson

-Michael Huff

-(among others)

to go along with the #4 and #35 overall picks???

Abe isn't THAT valuable to this team. Still less as we move over to a 3-4 b/c he couldn't cover you & can't tackle anyone unless they're playing QB.

So you'd rather have Abe with a 1-year $8.3M contract or give him a $20M SB than pick up those two Denver #1's where we could grab two of:

-Marcus McNeill

-Max Jean-Giles

-Bobby Carpenter

-Gabe Watson

-Michael Huff

-(among others)

to go along with the #4 and #35 overall picks???

Abe isn't THAT valuable to this team. Still less as we move over to a 3-4 b/c he couldn't cover you & can't tackle anyone unless they're playing QB.

add in the 2 facts that 1) we are afew years away from seriously competing and 2) he is a turd

Archived