Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

15 hours ago, CTM said:

One more thing in verbal case, the fact that he thinks I would avoid a scum mate so transparently is offensive. 

I hate him and anyone buying that idea with the fire of 1000 flaming jifs

This is not a good defense, you'll do whatever is needed as scum to win.  Simple.  And being lurky means it's MORE likely you'd play the avoidance game as you wouldn't have time for a direct action ploy.

15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I still dominated this game!

Is this your 2nd post of the game?  ;-)

13 hours ago, CTM said:

Nolder put the first vote on stark with his late train which is a good look but not clearing. I actually was feeling really comfortable with you putting Stark at l-1 but i just realized as i was going through more slowly that you were the other train, so that was a vote you had to place and is essentially a null tell. 

I need to reread early part of this day for timing, based on skimming and looking at notifications it seems like 80 put me at l-2 pretty quickly and then has been goading otjhers into 1) lynch ctm 2) lynch verbal and we win mentality. Apparently nolder thinks he's in a coalition of the willing too

For the record, as CTM came back and caught up on my case, his primary goal has been to ensure NOBODY is cleared completely and to ensure ANYBODY could be a lynch target.  Who likes to have all their options open come endgame and remove any town core that might be developing?  Yeah, scum.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad to have you.  The game is better when you're active.  No homo.  

Liar.

CTM is still scum.  He avoided Stark, Stark avoided him, and he's not wanting anybody to look good at this point in the game.

This is easy.  If you want to lynch me first, fine.  Just don't let CTM talk his way out of tomorrow's lynch or I will haunt you dickfaces for the rest of your lives.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

No no no. As of now I do have Verbal as a distant #2 but I'm not willing to box myself into it has to be him if not you.

Again, I find that whole premise uber scummy. You need 2 deaths and you are pushing 2 candidates, now you are blatantly admitting that you are fine with either one of going today just as earlier you admitted you wanted me dead before I could get back and play.

When I read back specifically page 28 I think, I came away think 80 was nudging for me to be lynched before I got back and you were rather indiscriminately willing to lynch either of us today and the other tomorrow. 

The fact that you have now confirmed my read of your agenda doesnt make me trust you more it makes me more confident in my opinion that your agenda was scum needing 2 mislynchs agenda 

I don't know how to respond to this really.  Since I know I'm town and only am willing to lynch you or Verbal in the final 2 days, I don't know any other way to play this.  

And like I said, I know I'd be on the chopping block tomorrow if, say, it was you, me and Spoot as the last 3.  

57 minutes ago, Verbal said:

For the record, as CTM came back and caught up on my case, his primary goal has been to ensure NOBODY is cleared completely and to ensure ANYBODY could be a lynch target.  Who likes to have all their options open come endgame and remove any town core that might be developing?  Yeah, scum.

My primary goal has been to say 80 is scum. I think hes the final scum. And a town core creates blinders particularly when I believe one of the "town core" is scum

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The "game is better" or the "not being homo" part?  My guess is the latter.  Yeah.  

C.  all of the above

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sweeeeet now we're playing!

Vote Verbal  

I don't really care at this point, but is there a reason you've decided to vote your #2 instead of your #1.  If we've solved the game (I ******* hope so), then the order of operation really doesn't matter, but I'm curious.

Just now, CTM said:

My primary goal has been to say 80 is scum. I think hes the final scum. And a town core creates blinders particularly when I believe one of the "town core" is scum

Eh, you did the same to Spoot.  Final scum coming back to the thread to see they are on the block is going to do 2 main things:  try to find a better candidate for the lynch while also not allowing anybody to be cleared.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

C.  all of the above

I don't really care at this point, but is there a reason you've decided to vote your #2 instead of your #1.  If we've solved the game (I ******* hope so), then the order of operation really doesn't matter, but I'm curious.

1.  Competing trains.  Forces CTM, Spoot and Nolder to make choices.  

2.  CTM has caught up and is doing well today.  I say this while recognizing he might just be scum getting me all twisted up, and I'm not letting him off the hook at all.  He's still in my top-2.

3.  It's fun lynching you.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

2.  CTM has caught up and is doing well today.  He might just be scum getting me all twisted up, and I'm not letting him off the hook at all.  He's still in my top-2.

Have you changed your scum ranking, then?  Am I your #1 now?

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Eh, you did the same to Spoot.  Final scum coming back to the thread to see they are on the block is going to do 2 main things:  try to find a better candidate for the lynch while also not allowing anybody to be cleared.

Very true.  He hasn't shown a willingness to lynch you yet.  But he could very easily be scum trying to off me first, then deal with endgame as it comes.  

Just now, Verbal said:

Have you changed your scum ranking, then?  Am I your #1 now?

I'd say you're 1a, and CTM is 1b. 

Like I've been trying unsuccessfully to explain to CTM, I'm really not willing to lynch Spoot or Nolder, and we have a mislynch in our pocket.  So like you've been arguing, it doesn't really matter the order.  

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

CTM is still scum.  He avoided Stark, Stark avoided him, and he's not wanting anybody to look good at this point in the game.

But I didnt, I was not engaged in the game from Saturday on. I was one of the first to call.stark out for game play

I canr comment on starks posts, he could've been looking to stay under the radar with me as a veteran player though 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why not?  I suggested it last night.  

Because I assumed that was because my lynch was looking less likely, verbal voting me makes it more likely. I figured the verbal offer was pragmatism on you part, really as town or scum

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2.  CTM has caught up and is doing well today.  I say this while recognizing he might just be scum getting me all twisted up, and I'm not letting him off the hook at all.  He's still in my top-2.

Good post. You sob

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

This is either confirmation bias or scum narrative building

How about final townie comes back in thread sees they are on the block and scum hunts, keying in on the guy who has been nudging my lynch before i could speak which is anti town.

I think clearing townies is stupid at face value without an investigation result and even more so when I'm reading the thread and thinking the leader of the "cleared townies" is scum.

I've been pretty consistent on this as a POV for years. I try not to look ahead or put blinders on for anyone. If we lynched 80 and he's town itwould be irresponsible to just push to lynch you because I'm working under an assumption that nolder and spoot are town.  

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't know how to respond to this really.  Since I know I'm town and only am willing to lynch you or Verbal in the final 2 days, I don't know any other way to play this.  

And like I said, I know I'd be on the chopping block tomorrow if, say, it was you, me and Spoot as the last 3.  

Your argument is essentially that it's town pragmatism, I do get that. But from my perspective as town who you admitted to trying to lynch before I came back it feels like scum tactics

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

But I didnt, I was not engaged in the game from Saturday on. I was one of the first to call.stark out for game play

I canr comment on starks posts, he could've been looking to stay under the radar with me as a veteran player though 

I would hardly call anything you've said about Stark (very little) as calling him out.  It was routine posting of light stuff, but you guys totally avoided any hard stances once you posted reads lists of the roster.  It's all there.

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've been pretty consistent on this as a POV for years. I try not to look ahead or put blinders on for anyone.

OK, then lets discuss Spoot and Nolder for the sake of taking off the blinders.

Stark went hard after Nolder for his "clearing" of Spoot, ultimately placing his vote on him.  He did it in 3+ different posts before his death, which I noted in my re-read.  I don't think Stark would have done that if one of those players were his teammate.  

Stark was playing a good scum game in my eyes, but I don't think he was capable of THAT level of a WIFOM.  That would be some Machiavellian-level sh*t right there.

I had other reasons to think Spoot and Nolder are town based on my re-read.  At one point, Spoot was my # 1 for scum, and I completely did a 180 on him.  But the Stark interactions with Nolder were the main things that jumped out at me.

So CTM is now making the slight shift to the easier lynch today (me), buddying up a little to his main competition (80), and still making sure to allow for shade throwing to set up for tomorrow.

I like it.  I also hope that others see it coming.  Can't wait!

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

So CTM is now making the slight shift to the easier lynch today (me), buddying up a little to his main competition (80), and still making sure to allow for shade throwing to set up for tomorrow.

Very possible.  If we lynch you today and you flip town, tomorrow likely falls on Spoot's beaver shoulders.

Still very much down with lynching CTM today though.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Very possible.  If we lynch you today and you flip town, tomorrow likely falls on Spoot's beaver shoulders.

Still very much down with lynching CTM today though.  

If that's the case, let's team up for the sake of how often we've put each other in the grave, lol, and lynch the filthy hippie.

Let's lynch CTM, let's go!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I would hardly call anything you've said about Stark (very little) as calling him out.  It was routine posting of light stuff, but you guys totally avoided any hard stances once you posted reads lists of the roster.  It's all there.

No it's not dude, because the post where you asserted i left him out was when i was specifically only commenting on lynch candidates to consolidate. I didn't comment on LK either but you ignored that

The other post where i said he was ok was the weekend and I was skimming

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

If that's the case, let's team up for the sake of how often we've put each other in the grave, lol, and lynch the filthy hippie.

Nolder and Spoot aren't going to rush in with a hammer anytime soon.  It would be pretty pointless for me to put CTM at L-1 just yet.  But I'll happily hammer the hippie pig closer to Leelou's 5 PM EST deadline.  

8 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm making a shift to you by defending myself?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder and Spoot aren't going to rush in with a hammer anytime soon.  It would be pretty pointless for me to put CTM at L-1 just yet.  But I'll happily hammer the hippie pig closer to Leelou's 5 PM EST deadline.  

Sounds like long game on your part.

This is what was interesting. Vote verbal, and if nolder /beaver vote me you can point to verbal tomorrow as the obvious lynch. You've also made it easier to vote me by them not having to hammer, allowing you to do it and blame deadline.

Didn't think you'd show your ass that quickly 

vote 80

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK, then lets discuss Spoot and Nolder for the sake of taking off the blinders.

Stark went hard after Nolder for his "clearing" of Spoot, ultimately placing his vote on him.  He did it in 3+ different posts before his death, which I noted in my re-read.  I don't think Stark would have done that if one of those players were his teammate.  

Stark was playing a good scum game in my eyes, but I don't think he was capable of THAT level of a WIFOM.  That would be some Machiavellian-level sh*t right there.

I had other reasons to think Spoot and Nolder are town based on my re-read.  At one point, Spoot was my # 1 for scum, and I completely did a 180 on him.  But the Stark interactions with Nolder were the main things that jumped out at me.

Explain, if stark was playing a good scum game why wouldn't he be going distancing himself from a teammate. Seems like scum 101

This verbal idea that scum avoid each other in thread is dm noobery, we don't play that way here generally. Unless it's smash who gets butt hurt when bussed.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

No it's not dude, because the post where you asserted i left him out was when i was specifically only commenting on lynch candidates to consolidate. I didn't comment on LK either but you ignored that

The other post where i said he was ok was the weekend and I was skimming

My point was more about the neutral reads you've given him - never taking a stance.  More importantly, he's the one that flipped scum, and he did the same to you on more than 1 occasion.

So it's less about how you've dropped the ball and more about how his play has incriminated you.