Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

1 minute ago, CTM said:

ok, fair, , which is why Stark wouldn't antagonize me which causes the whole stark avoided CTM case to crumble

Can't have it both ways derpina. Either i'm good at leading the town which is incentive for scum to stay off my radar or I'm not 

I never said that Verbal's case is the ONLY reason I think you might be scum.  It's not the only building block available here.  

Just now, CTM said:

ok, fair, , which is why Stark wouldn't antagonize me which causes the whole stark avoided CTM case to crumble

Can't have it both ways derpina. Either i'm good at leading the town which is incentive for scum to stay off my radar or I'm not 

No, don't twist that.  He never interacted with you, period.  If he was afraid of you, he'd likely town read you - hell, I did at first.

But instead he kept it neutral, which is more a scum mate thing than an 'afraid of you' thing.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Question your own thoughts and assume there's a chance he's scum trying to pied piper things nearing endgame. 

Ok, and if I am scum and I go all in on getting you lycnhed and you are town,  how am I avoiding lynch tomorrow?

Realistically?

I know it's a wifom but a smarter scum play would've been to team up with you to lynch verbal and then try and blame you for it tomorrow.

Just now, CTM said:

Ok, and if I am scum and I go all in on getting you lycnhed and you are town,  how am I avoiding lynch tomorrow?

Realistically?

I know it's a wifom but a smarter scum play would've been to team up with you to lynch verbal and then try and blame you for it tomorrow.

You haven't gone all in.  Besides, you see how people had me in the top 2, so lynching outside of that (80 first) allows you to have the remaining players fall on their consensus #2 (me) at endgame and you walk away with a win.

Nope.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Realistically?

The same way me going hard after you/Verbal puts me on the chopping block tomorrow as well.  

The only way any one of us 3 will escape suspicion is through a coronary.  

The only difference being you haven't named a # 2 candidate, which is strange.  

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

No, don't twist that.  He never interacted with you, period.  If he was afraid of you, he'd likely town read you - hell, I did at first.

But instead he kept it neutral, which is more a scum mate thing than an 'afraid of you' thing.

False, Neutral gives nothing. Town reading me looks like buddying up. Ape had been very vocal about suspecting people who buddy up to himm of course he's a raging egomaniac but the sentiment is reasonable.

Just because you and leelou avoiding commenting on one another back at DM doesn't mean thats JN meta and it's certainly not my meta.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Question your own thoughts and assume there's a chance he's scum trying to pied piper things nearing endgame. 

Ok seriously dude what the **** does that even mean?

I mean, we are all trying to play a game where we attempt to convince each other of certain things (sometimes subtly sometimes not). 

How are you going to fault the guy for just making his case? 

I'm not understanding.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Ok seriously dude what the **** does that even mean?

I mean, we are all trying to play a game where we attempt to convince each other of certain things (sometimes subtly sometimes not). 

How are you going to fault the guy for just making his case? 

I'm not understanding.

I'm not faulting CTM for making his case.  I'm faulting YOU for suddenly throwing your trust behind him, lol.

I guess its kind of a pride thing.  Here I've been trying to put in work the last couple days, doing a full re-read and stuff, posting my honest assessment of the game, changing up my reads based on new info, etc.  Then CTM moon walks in and earns your trust in 5 minutes.  lol.  

Just now, CTM said:

False, Neutral gives nothing. Town reading me looks like buddying up. Ape had been very vocal about suspecting people who buddy up to himm of course he's a raging egomaniac but the sentiment is reasonable.

Just because you and leelou avoiding commenting on one another back at DM doesn't mean thats JN meta and it's certainly not my meta.

Neutral gives a sh*tton once he flips scum and we can reread his interactions with you, or lack thereof.

And I'm sure Leelou and I have been lynched on JN for the same thing, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

You haven't gone all in.  Besides, you see how people had me in the top 2, so lynching outside of that (80 first) allows you to have the remaining players fall on their consensus #2 (me) at endgame and you walk away with a win.

Nope.

I've been fairly consistently saying I think 80 is the far better bet for scum and am been actively pushing his lynch with numerous posts. If 80 gets lynched today I'll be the one who lead it and be less able to lead anything tomorrow if he's town. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I've been fairly consistently saying I think 80 is the far better bet for scum and am been actively pushing his lynch with numerous posts. If 80 gets lynched today I'll be the one who lead it and be less able to lead anything tomorrow if he's town.

Can you answer my question?  Who is your # 2?  If you don't have one, that would be more acceptable to state as much rather than ignoring the question entirely.  

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Yeah but you padded that with nice little compliments to 80 about good posts and then can use that to "trust" what 80 thought and lead a lynch on me tomorrow.....besides, I'm on the block for that anway, so it won't take much from you.  Especially now that Nolder is in your pocket, you should be all set.

Neutral gives a sh*tton once he flips scum and we can reread his interactions with you, or lack thereof.

And I'm sure Leelou and I have been lynched on JN for the same thing, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

It's not relevant but your entire case is based off it. And you are saying neutral gives a sh*t ton of options once he flips scum, but also saying that because he had me as neutral it must mean I'm his teammate. So much for options.

You are being illogical 

Can you answer my question?  Who is your # 2?  If you don't have one, that would be more acceptable to state as much rather than ignoring the question entirely.  

I missed it. I'll do percentages

80% you

16% verb

4% one of the remaining coalition of the unsullied

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not faulting CTM for making his case.  I'm faulting YOU for suddenly throwing your trust behind him, lol.

It's not "sudden". I am reading his posts for the first time right now and I find them convincing and compelling.

So where's the problem? You can say he's wrong all you want but you seem to be having more of a problem with the fact that he's even making a case and/or the fact that I am bothering to give him the time of day rather than anything to do with the substance of what he is saying.

It's not a good look and it's having a...what's the term? A multiplying force? on his case against you.

Hmm that's not right. Something like that though.

I guess its kind of a pride thing.  Here I've been trying to put in work the last couple days, doing a full re-read and stuff, posting my honest assessment of the game, changing up my reads based on new info, etc.  Then CTM moon walks in and earns your trust in 5 minutes.  lol.  

I could have just lynched your ass and not given you the chance to put in that work which convinced me not to lynch you in the first place couldn't I have? I would think you'd be fine with extending the same courtesy to CTM even if it's just for appearances sake. Oh and I also let Verbal have his say. You wouldn't have said no to a blind lynch and probably Spoot could have been convinced. I am the only one who seems to want to hear from all sides right now and that is irritating because MOST OF YOU are supposed to be Town and yet you're all acting like sh*tbags with your minds entirely made up. Well mine isn't and I want to hear more so GFY.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yeah but you padded that with nice little compliments to 80 about good posts and then can use that to "trust" what 80 thought and lead a lynch on me tomorrow.....besides, I'm on the block for that anway, so it won't take much from you.  Especially now that Nolder is in your pocket, you should be all set.

huh. No. I don't trust 80. I was annoyed that he made a townie like post because it undermines my confidence that he's the remaining scum.

Let me be clear. I don't trust 80 as far as I can throw crusher. I think he is this good as scum to slide into the town leader role like he did and absolutely would've been a-ok with refusing to bus a team mate at deadline. I think he was trying to get me lynched before i could defend while simultaneously setting up your lynch tomorrow. (essentially what you are accusing me of doing and you've ignored his far more flagrant attempt at it)

I think we should lynch 80, I think 80 is the last scum and I think if he's not I won't be able to lead sh*t tomorrow and will be the likely lynch candidate.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

It's not "sudden". I am reading his posts for the first time right now and I find them convincing and compelling.

So where's the problem? You can say he's wrong all you want but you seem to be having more of a problem with the fact that he's even making a case and/or the fact that I am bothering to give him the time of day rather than anything to do with the substance of what he is saying.

It's not a good look and it's having a...what's the term? A multiplying force? on his case against you.

Hmm that's not right. Something like that though.

I could have just lynched your ass and not given you the chance to put in that work which convinced me not to lynch you in the first place couldn't I have? I would think you'd be fine with extending the same courtesy to CTM even if it's just for appearances sake. Oh and I also let Verbal have his say. You wouldn't have said no to a blind lynch and probably Spoot could have been convinced. I am the only one who seems to want to hear from all sides right now and that is irritating because MOST OF YOU are supposed to be Town and yet you're all acting like sh*tbags with your minds entirely made up. Well mine isn't and I want to hear more so GFY.

I'm not tunnelling on CTM, if you haven't noticed.  My vote is on Verbal.  That's my top 2.

I've already stated I'm not willing to lynch you or Spoot, and I have strong reasons for that.  If that's being close-minded, so be it.  

I don't trust CTM.  That's why I didn't want him to have a say.  Because if he's scum, he has the ability to take over the game.  Which is exactly what he's doing right now.  

I see. 

Based on these percentages, it seems a little strange that you went after me for "clearing" Nolder and Spoot earlier.  

I went after you for clearing them as scum ally building of active players against less active players.

And also based on my numbers, if you flipped town spoot / nolder become far more likely candidates as a %

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You chill the **** out too.

Everyone just chill.

My mind is not made up.

I am reading and I am not done.

I'm not tunnelling on CTM, if you haven't noticed.  My vote is on Verbal.  That's my top 2.

Does you not putting me at l-1 make it easier for Spoot or Nolder to vote me? 

I think it does and your verbal vote is looking more and more like a ruse of plausible deniability tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think we should lynch 80, I think 80 is the last scum and I think if he's not I won't be able to lead sh*t tomorrow and will be the likely lynch candidate.

A CTM/Verbal/Spoot endgame would be interesting and fun to watch.  I'm starting to warm to the idea of being the lynch today.  Hand the responsibility off to you f*ckers.  

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, CTM said:

I would.

If you are town i'd need to look more closely at those 2. You are just standing out as flagrantly pushing towards a resolution and trying to avoid the debate,. I think it's likely that scum would've preferred i got lynched before coming back here to defend and the only one who presented that way was you.

The fact that you had nolderp eating out of your hairy palm wasn't lost on you either. 

Add in the whole letting spoot thinking verb was a top suspect because of his refusal to vote stark when you did it too just seems like an angle you were happy to make use of tomorrow and highlighting your doing it as well would've undermined 

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, just being honest here.  We're scared of what you're capable of as scum.  Simple as that.  It's PTSD.

14 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, you're speaking for the rest of us now, or your multiple personalities?