Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Sounds like long game on your part.

This is what was interesting. Vote verbal, and if nolder /beaver vote me you can point to verbal tomorrow as the obvious lynch. You've also made it easier to vote me by them not having to hammer, allowing you to do it and blame deadline.

Didn't think you'd show your ass that quickly 

vote 80

And when I flip town who is your # 2?  You've been very reluctant to state that.  Probably because you're accusing me of setting up 2 lynches and don't want to be hypocritical.  

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Explain, if stark was playing a good scum game why wouldn't he be going distancing himself from a teammate. Seems like scum 101

I mean, its possible.  I just didn't see it like that at all in my re-read.  It read to me like Stark was trying to be opportunistic, and jumping on the one player who D1 revolved around.  

Nolder wasn't exactly on the chopping block at the time, either.  Stark seemed to be trying to LEAD the lynch.  I believe he was the only vote on him at the time.

That would be 80-level bussing, lol.  Very few are capable of that.  

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Explain, if stark was playing a good scum game why wouldn't he be going distancing himself from a teammate. Seems like scum 101

This verbal idea that scum avoid each other in thread is dm noobery, we don't play that way here generally. Unless it's smash who gets butt hurt when bussed.

It is not noobery, it is instinctive.  You have to purposely not do that as scum, and I think Stark missed that.  He had some really good posts that fooled me and others, so shame on me for that.

BUT......now that he's dead scum, we can analyze and hindsight is always 20/20.  He avoided you, and took a stance on everybody but you, essentially.  You can't argue that.  It looks bad.

• Upvote 1

And meanwhile I just don't see Nolder making a move like he did on D1 as scum.  I just don't.  If he did, I tip my hat.

Spoot would be a stronger candidate than Nolder as a result.  But if Spoot was Stark's teammate, why not let that whole situation play out?  Why not let Spoot get "cleared"?  That would have been a gift for scum.  Not one to throw shade at.  

Here's the thing:  if I'm wrong and CTM is town, then just blame the game on me.  Scum MVP Verb.

If I'm right, I can come out even, a big blunder early, and then a final lead to lynch scum ftw.  I can take either situation.

I really think I'm right on CTM based on Stark's gameplay, and to a lesser extent, CTM's.

Just now, Verbal said:

Here's the thing:  if I'm wrong and CTM is town, then just blame the game on me.  Scum MVP Verb.

If I'm right, I can come out even, a big blunder early, and then a final lead to lynch scum ftw.  I can take either situation.

I really think I'm right on CTM based on Stark's gameplay, and to a lesser extent, CTM's.

I say this knowing that I'd be the next lynch in this instance.  But I truly don't think it'll be needed.

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

My point was more about the neutral reads you've given him - never taking a stance.  More importantly, he's the one that flipped scum, and he did the same to you on more than 1 occasion.

So it's less about how you've dropped the ball and more about how his play has incriminated you.

I really can't answer for his play. I know I finger'd him early, ignored him around deadline for practical purposes and then was skimming from Saturday on and the dude is a long winded SOB + i was more interested in Crusher. That is just a completely honest account of what happenned and there's plenty of posts where i said I was too busy to give the game attention to support it,. Thats just what happened. Maybe skimming is scummy and tunneling on crusher who flipped town is also scummy, but I don't have any history to suggest i'm afraid to vote or case a teammate particularly since my first game related post put him in my top 3.

As to Starks content, if you are town, just for 1 second consider that Stark scum might not want to antagonize town CTM. It's a plausible explanation for him not taking a position on me. No?

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Reminds me of an ape post where the game revolves around your ego. Jackass.

How about people lynch who they think is most likely to be scum?

Still this, feels like town over correcting after getting Stark so wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, CTM said:

I really can't answer for his play. I know I finger'd him early, ignored him around deadline for practical purposes and then was skimming from Saturday on and the dude is a long winded SOB + i was more interested in Crusher. That is just a completely honest account of what happenned and there's plenty of posts where i said I was too busy to give the game attention to support it,. Thats just what happened. Maybe skimming is scummy and tunneling on crusher who flipped town is also scummy, but I don't have any history to suggest i'm afraid to vote or case a teammate particularly since my first game related post put him in my top 3.

As to Starks content, if you are town, just for 1 second consider that Stark scum might not want to antagonize town CTM. It's a plausible explanation for him not taking a position on me. No?

Bold = that's gross

Italics = that makes no "practical" sense

Underline = so you're saying that above everybody else, he was so afraid of you that he avoided directly interaction or confrontation?

OK, then why are you still alive?

• Haha 1

Just now, CTM said:

Reminds me of an ape post where the game revolves around your ego. Jackass.

How about people lynch who they think is most likely to be scum?

Still this, feels like town over correcting after getting Stark so wrong.

For me, this does revolve around my ego.  I'd like to correct my past mistake.  You should die.

Just now, Verbal said:

Bold = that's gross

Underline = so you're saying that above everybody else, he was so afraid of you that he avoided directly interaction or confrontation?

italics..  of course it did. It was around deadline and the post immediately proceeding the post you quoted was me saying I'm going to reread for consolidation. Did you read my defense? Would you like me to bump the chain or point out again how I also avoided LK who had no votes??

underline: No I'm saying that he didn't go out of his way to antagonize me, not that he was afraid. Gimme a break, when you are scum i can't imagine your strategy is to go out of your way to provoke and get on the radar of players that are traditionally harder to lynch and strong at driving lynches. Why am i still alive? Well i was barely playing the last few days and clearly not engaged with the game. When i was engaged, they killed the town doc somehow on the only NK..

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Clearly. Thanks for admitting it :)

I have no problem admitting deficiencies.  I've played enough mafia over the years to know that I'm not usually fooled that badly.  I need to make amends.

To take yet another page from the Ape, I don't even care if you lynch me and go on to win.  I'd just rather be right in this instance.

11 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Bold = that's gross

^^^ Excellent points

Though of course he could have kept CTM alive for WIFOM purposes.

We might be giving Stark a bit TOO much credit if we go down that kind of rabbit hole, lol.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course you are.  Because that's what CTM does.  Whether he's town or scum he's going to get people to trust him. 

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

aaaaaaaand that's how the game slips away, folks

Well I mean if the guy is making sense wtf you want me to do??? 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course you are.  Because that's what CTM does.  Whether he's town or scum he's going to get people to trust him. 

ok, fair, , which is why Stark wouldn't antagonize me which causes the whole stark avoided CTM case to crumble

Can't have it both ways derpina. Either i'm good at leading the town which is incentive for scum to stay off my radar or I'm not