Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

On 1/29/2020 at 9:51 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

CTM tunneled on Crusher pretty hard this game....

so? 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:13 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Stark lists Verbal as town here.  This aligns with his unwillingness to vote Verbal and instead choosing JC on D1.  

CTM as "neutral".  Weird.  He has at least a sentence on every other player but just a one-word read on CTM.  

He puts me and Verbal on opposite ends, with Spoot more in the middle of his reads.  

Very interesting.

that is weird. Not the read of neutral, or the word neutral, but the fact that only 1 got 1 word answer.. i don't have an explanation for that

On 1/29/2020 at 10:19 AM, Verbal said:

Nolder can probably back me up here, but long ago on DM we had a habit of scum hunting late in games based on who flipped scum read as neutral (or no read at all).  Not for nothing, but this is where I'm going to look into for today.

but this is making me think setup tbh. Verbal uses 80's quote of it to build a case on me with some out of context /skimming stuff from me and a lot of stuff from stark.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I did.  Verbal and I had similar reads on Stark.  

We both got it wrong.  That alone isn't a good enough reason to lynch me or Verbal.  

where did you defend verbal for it, i don't see it

and I agree its not reason enough to vote either of you

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I explained this in the re-read, but you're glossing over it.  Stark made a series of posts I viewed to be townie.  I whiffed on reading him.  

i'm asking spoot why he's focused on verbal's refusal and not yours

I'm not asking you why you refused??

Why are you answering questions I didn't ask?

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

so? 

that is weird. Not the read of neutral, or the word neutral, but the fact that only 1 got 1 word answer.. i don't have an explanation for that

but this is making me think setup tbh. Verbal uses 80's quote of it to build a case on me with some out of context /skimming stuff from me and a lot of stuff from stark.

Verbal could easily be scum.  I went back and forth on that.  Right now I'm at somewhere in the neighborhood of 49 % chance its you, 47 % chance its Verbal, 4 % chance its Spoot/Nolder.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

where did you defend verbal for it, i don't see it

and I agree its not reason enough to vote either of you

On 1/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

You made some pretty good hardline stances in my re-read, primarily on D2 I believe.  Getting the Stark read wrong read to me as a townie mistake by you.  

On 1/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Once again Verbal's views on the game fairly closely align with mine.  Good vote here.

And this:

On 1/29/2020 at 9:23 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I still can't wrap my head around this part of Verbal's play though.  His views on Stark matched mine.  Could Stark and Verbal REALLY have gone so far out of their way to defend each other?  If so that's just an awful job of scum distancing.  

Just putting this here again though.  I can't stress enough that if Verbal is indeed the last scum, this is the moment where I caught him, and it will all be Stark's fault:

On 1/23/2020 at 4:52 PM, Stark said:

2 low post count players and deadline looming. I voted Nolder to see his and the games reaction to see if it helped clear up he and his spoot claim. 

At this point with 45 min left I am willing to move to JC. Verb has games where he doesn't post much IIRC. JC not questioning/commenting either, just 2 votes for Verb looking back.

UNVOTE

VOTE JC

On 1/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Woah.  Stark shows a willingness to vote for JC for lack of activity, but NOT Verbal for a BS reason.  And at the time of this post, both JC and Verbal had 2 votes apiece.

HUGE defense of a teammate here, potentially.  Stark had played a strong scum game to this point, but this may have been a really big slip.  

On 1/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I've made my decision.  Not gonna wait that long to place my vote.  

Vote CTM

Didn't you see a page earlier you were going to take your time with this vote, only to then vote me hours later saying you're not gonna wait to place vote? 

Then in rapid fire succession he does a few things.

1) Points out how long and boring it would be to wait, while puting me at l-2

2) Argues that town likely has a mislynch available so it's not a big risk to just kill now.  (i actually agree with this)

3) Concedes that even if he's wrong, the last scum has to be me or verbal so we just lynch them in succession and win. This has the benefit of setting up the next lynch while also aligning himself with the 2 remaining active players against the 2 inactive players. Heck, nolder was convinced they had formed the fellowship of the incel and once vanquishing the badies would be heading out on an epic adventure bedding eastern European models

On 1/29/2020 at 3:46 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess I just figured I have nothing more to add at the moment, so might as well vote.  I have no problem with anyone else waiting on CTM.  Just gonna be a boring 24 hours or so is all, lol.  

Remember guys, going to be 24 boring hours. but you can wait if you want to be bored and lonely and bored i don't have a problem with it other than the boredom 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

We're not certain, but 3/9 scum makes little sense.  Especially since we've seen an awful lot of VT flips and just 1 power role flip.  CTM has claimed VT, as have I.  If town, CTM would very likely be telling the truth with the VT claim.  If Scum, CTM claiming VT would reflect his understanding that its a vanilla setup.

Town would have to be powered up to justify a 3 scum/6 town setup, I would say.  2/9 (22 %) fits in closely with the 25 % scum model we've used for years here, especially in a vanilla setup.  

accurate but nudging

On 1/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

And let's say we're wrong and its 3 scum.  Well I still would be voting CTM anyways, because then I'd just say the final 2 are CTM and Verbal.  I already noted I'm not voting Nolder or you today. 

gross. conveniently sets up 2 lynches for a player needing 2 mislynches to win, while also aligning himself with the 2 more active players against the 2 less active players

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

3) Concedes that even if he's wrong, the last scum has to be me or verbal so we just lynch them in succession and win. This has the benefit of setting up the next lynch while also aligning himself with the 2 remaining active players against the 2 inactive players. Heck, nolder was convinced they had formed the fellowship of the incel and once vanquishing the badies would be heading out on an epic adventure bedding eastern European models

lmao I'm sold

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Verbal could easily be scum.  I went back and forth on that.  Right now I'm at somewhere in the neighborhood of 49 % chance its you, 47 % chance its Verbal, 4 % chance its Spoot/Nolder.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And this:

80 - my post was in reference to Spoot listing verbal as his #1 suspect because he refused to vote Stark near deadline yesterday

You did the same thing

I was asking if at any point, in all of your reread you had defended verbal from spoots charge. I didn't see it and maybe you did, but considering you did the same thing, and were supposedly looking at this game through fresh eyes (ie reading everyone unbiased) and taking a town leader role why not say "hey spoot I did the same and It's not a big deal" Instead you let it sit out there and germinate like scummy little weed you hoped to pluck tomorrow

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Didn't you see a page earlier you were going to take your time with this vote, only to then vote me hours later saying you're not gonna wait to place vote? 

For me, waiting a few hours is an example of me being patient.  

I also suggested we give you until midnight to contribute.  Skipped that part didn't you.  

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And all of the above is why I'm comfortable lynching CTM OR Verbal today, and lynching the other tomorrow if we get it wrong. 

I just can't imagine a scenario where Spoot or Nolder is the last one.

Hey guyses, we need to stick together here. Lets kill these breeders and go fap fap the night away

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

80 - my post was in reference to Spoot listing verbal as his #1 suspect because he refused to vote Stark near deadline yesterday

You did the same thing

I was asking if at any point, in all of your reread you had defended verbal from spoots charge. I didn't see it and maybe you did, but considering you did the same thing, and were supposedly looking at this game through fresh eyes (ie reading everyone unbiased) and taking a town leader role why not say "hey spoot I did the same and It's not a big deal" Instead you let it sit out there and germinate like scummy little weed you hoped to pluck tomorrow

Why would I go out of my way to heavily defend Verbal, who is my # 2 scum?  Our views on Stark aligned.  That's all I'm willing to give him a pass on.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

For me, waiting a few hours is an example of me being patient.  

I also suggested we give you until midnight to contribute.  Skipped that part didn't you.  

was this before of after you voted me and explained how long and boring and lonely this wait would be

actually i do remember that .. but are you seriously denying you wanted the lynch to go through yesterday? Be honest derpy

3 hours ago, CTM said:

That seems unwise,a coalition of unknowns. Assuming each other are town is scum manna. If you lynch me today 80 has to be looked at hard tomorrow. 

I  cant vote him yet though as I havent done anything more than look at verbs case 

I told him that. He seems unconcerned or very certain you're scum.

Just now, CTM said:

was this before of after you voted me and explained how long and boring and lonely this wait would be

actually i do remember that .. but are you seriously denying you wanted the lynch to go through yesterday? Be honest derpy

I voted you and said  people can do what they want.  Why are you so concerned over 1 vote?

Honestly I didn't care if the the lynch happened today or tomorrow and still don't.  I have you and Verbal as my 2 choices.  I know I'm town.  Math.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would I go out of my way to heavily defend Verbal, who is my # 2 scum?  Our views on Stark aligned.  That's all I'm willing to give him a pass on.  

Because spoot is out there saying verb's refuals to vote stark makes him his #1 .

You did the same thing. Wouldn't a townie approach be to temper that idea considering you yourself did it? Town trying to work togeher should not be letting other townies work under a bad or incomplete assumption. If Spoot puts verbal as #1 due to not voting stark and you did the same thing, you are allowing spoot to make decisions with 1/2 the story. Scummy / anti town

Just now, CTM said:

Because spoot is out there saying verb's refuals to vote stark makes him his #1 .

You did the same thing. Wouldn't a townie approach be to temper that idea considering you yourself did it? Town trying to work togeher should not be letting other townies work under a bad or incomplete assumption. If Spoot puts verbal as #1 due to not voting stark and you did the same thing, you are allowing spoot to make decisions with 1/2 the story. Scummy / anti town

I actually did.  I accused Spoot of "paint by numbers mafia".  I'll find that post. 

On 1/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Verb's defense of Stark noted.

He's now my #1 target to die.

On 1/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Verbal said:

Heh, that whooshed right over my head.

Holy **** what an awful way to identify a target.  I defended scum and was wrong, and that makes me scum?  Think that through.

On 1/29/2020 at 12:05 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Paint by numbers Mafia. Gotta love it.

Spoot has been playing all game like its his first game.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I voted you and said  people can do what they want.  Why are you so concerned over 1 vote?

Honestly I didn't care if the the lynch happened today or tomorrow and still don't.  I have you and Verbal as my 2 choices.  I know I'm town.  Math.  

i'm not concerned lol, i have had  few drinks and am playing some mafia ya wanker

• Upvote 2