Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

What's your explanation for how he and Stark never really read each other while posting lists of reading the entire roster?

That's the thing. I don't really have one. It's a fairly compelling case.

I'll tell you where I'm at right now.

I'm torn between believing my gut (which I freely admit to being biased in CTM's favor) or believing a fairly compelling case built by two players, one of whom I've read as scummy for much of the game until now, and the other whom I currently have in my top 2 for scum.

So, you can see how this can be a bit nerve-racking for me right now.

I'm currently re-reading the case on CTM starting from page 25, to see if anything jumps out at me.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The thing about CTM is, I don't think he makes up excuses to dodge the game as either alignment, so I think he's legitimately busy.

The longer we sit here, the more I think -- gun to my head -- CTM isn't scum.

I'd like to give him until tonight to present a case.

I agree but we make a decision tomorrow one way or another.

I'm not planning on checking in over the weekend so it'd be better if it was night and we either win the game or start fresh on Monday for endgame.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, it WAS Verb and CTM, prior to this morning.

That's the thing about waiting. It gives ample time for your mind to start second-guessing sh*t.

Who would enter the conversation as your # 2 scum if its not CTM?

I don't see much cause for concern.  CTM today, Verbal tomorrow if we're wrong.  Seems simple enough.  If its you or Nolder, I tip my cap.  My re-read showed me pretty clearly that you and Nolder are town.  If I'm wrong I get scum MVP.  

I get that you can't trust me or Nolder.  And I also get waiting to make a choice.  But to me the path ultimately seems pretty clear.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see much cause for concern.  CTM today, Verbal tomorrow if we're wrong.  Seems simple enough.  If its you or Nolder, I tip my cap.  

I get that you can't trust me or Nolder.  And I also get waiting to make a choice.  But to me the path ultimately seems pretty clear.  

I mostly agree but I'm second guessing myself like Spoot.

I honestly really would like to hear from @CTM.

He may not believe it but his input could possibly change the course of the game.

Or not. Sometimes it is futile. But I still want to hear what he has to say so hopefully he will.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see much cause for concern.  CTM today, Verbal tomorrow if we're wrong.  Seems simple enough.  If its you or Nolder, I tip my cap.  

So, follow you to victory, eh?

I think you'd be my #2 if not CTM.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I mostly agree but I'm second guessing myself like Spoot.

I honestly really would like to hear from @CTM.

He may not believe it but his input could possibly change the course of the game.

Or not. Sometimes it is futile. But I still want to hear what he has to say so hopefully he will.

My guess is if he really digs in and provides input it'll just serve to confuse us more.  Because that's what CTM is good at doing as scum.  

He's highly valuable when town but at this stage I don't see how he can contribute a whole lot.  His mind certainly isn't in the game because of how busy he is.  

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

80 is the only one who seems so sure at this point.

I wasn't sure a couple days ago.  But I did the work and came to a conclusion.  I flip-flopped on Verbal and CTM.  At one point I thought for sure it was Verbal as the last scum.  Mostly because Stark picked JC over Verbal as his vote on D1 and provided flimsy reasons for it NOT being Verbal, despite using low activity as the reason for picking JC.  

Either way its gotta be one of those 2.  Since we know we have one mislynch left, I'm comfortable where we are at the moment.  

On 1/23/2020 at 4:52 PM, Stark said:

2 low post count players and deadline looming. I voted Nolder to see his and the games reaction to see if it helped clear up he and his spoot claim. 

At this point with 45 min left I am willing to move to JC. Verb has games where he doesn't post much IIRC. JC not questioning/commenting either, just 2 votes for Verb looking back.

UNVOTE

VOTE JC

On 1/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Woah.  Stark shows a willingness to vote for JC for lack of activity, but NOT Verbal for a BS reason.  And at the time of this post, both JC and Verbal had 2 votes apiece.

HUGE defense of a teammate here, potentially.  Stark had played a strong scum game to this point, but this may have been a really big slip.  

Above was the post by JC that stood out regarding Verbal, and my analysis of the situation.  

The above is the biggest reason Verbal was my # 1 and is still my # 2.  

22 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I agree with giving him until tonight I mean.

Yes, we can always lynch tomorrow (either CTM or myself) and then have the weekend for night if we made a mistake.  That way if I'm alive, I'll be around and active for endgame.

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, follow you to victory, eh?

I think you'd be my #2 if not CTM.

I gave solid reasons why I don't think its Nolder or you.  Its just simple Process of Elimination now.  

Tack on solid reasons why I think its either CTM or Verbal, and there you go.  I'm confident we'll get this right in the end.  The last scum is more worried than we are, and rightfully so; scum has to fool us 2 days in a row. 

Scum also has a tough decision on the NK tonight.  I assume it'll either be you or Nolder going down.  Probably Nolder. 

Hey guys, I'm travelling now. Will be home in about 90 minutes. Need to decompress after 3 days and nights of meetings, drink a bottle or 3 of wine, eat something and I will be on later ..

I see I'm still alive and I'm truly sorry for delaying the game and being absent since Monday which lead to randoms.

That being said **** you all to hell if I take the time to read and respond and you speed lynch anyway.  If that's the were the town is leaning just so it now because I'm a safe lynch. Theres been 1 pr thus far and I'm vt and I think 80 claimed as well. There almost has to be only 1 scum left

Tldr; likely only 1 scum left, please don't make me read 3 days if posts if you are going to lynch me anyway. Just do it now and poe the last scum tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hey guys, I'm travelling now. Will be home in about 90 minutes. Need to decompress after 3 days and nights of meetings, drink a bottle or 3 of wine, eat something and I will be on later ..

I see I'm still alive and I'm truly sorry for delaying the game and being absent since Monday which lead to randoms.

That being said **** you all to hell if I take the time to read and respond and you speed lynch anyway.  If that's the were the town is leaning just so it now because I'm a safe lynch. Theres been 1 pr thus far and I'm vt and I think 80 claimed as well. There almost has to be only 1 scum left

Tldr; likely only 1 scum left, please don't make me read 3 days if posts if you are going to lynch me anyway. Just do it now and poe the last scum tomorrow 

We aren't - I'm on the block as well.  One of us is getting lynched today, and the other is likely next if the first flips town.

That said, I posted a case about your interaction with Stark (or lack thereof, which is essentially my point) a few pages back - that would be a good place to start addressing why it should be me lynched today and not you.

GL,HF

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

We aren't - I'm on the block as well.  One of us is getting lynched today, and the other is likely next if the first flips town.

That said, I posted a case about your interaction with Stark (or lack thereof, which is essentially my point) a few pages back - that would be a good place to start addressing why it should be me lynched today and not you.

GL,HF

Will look for it,but can someone explain why it's me today you tomorrow or vice versa. If we are both town town loses.

Why is 80, who seems to be trying to rush a lynch, getting a pass here?

On 1/29/2020 at 12:53 PM, Verbal said:

He doesn't really say much here, but mentions Stark and puts him in his top 3 for scum

I called out stark for his reaction to noldrrs claim

It was day 1 and it was odd to me but not as bad as crusher' s ask the mod move to me at the time ( clearly wrong)

But please note I was one of first to call him out on game play 

Note: I cant really comment on what stark was doing or why, maybe he was intentionally avoiding me because he has the courage of an opossum  , maybe he thought he could game me best that way. Whatever it was shirley, you  cant expect me to speculate on scum motivation.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:00 AM, Leelou said:

VC - 5 for majority

80 (2)- Lizzie, Verb 

Spoot (2) - Stark, crush

JC (2) a Nol, Spoot

crushlove (1) - CTM

CTM (1) - 80

verb (1) - JC

Deadline: Thursday 5:30 PM ET

On 1/23/2020 at 8:48 AM, CTM said:

Ill reread to consolidate with deadline looming,  was inundated with conference calls yesterday. 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, CTM said:

Unvote

Spoot following rip van tinkle around is concerning, also dont like his crusher unvote reasoning. Seems like an excuse using a well known narrative 

Can never read jc but like when he plays as his mind works much different than mine

Not interested in 80 atm as he's active in a slow game

Going with verbal for now based primarily on low activity 

Still think crusher is best bet, or spoot..

@Nolder if you are messing around with spoot  claim - the  time to come clean is now, you said earlier people need to be nailed down with rational and vaguery is good for scum.. so let's hear yours .. are you messing around and if not, why spoot 

Now he gives a reads list and completely leaves off Stark.....after he was in his top 3 before.  I get progression, but no mention at all Weird.

Ugh dude way to take out of context.

I posted the need to consolidate, did a reread and commented on vote getters and voted one.(you) I also didn't comment on Lk.. why? No votes

Only mentioned nolder to.implore him to fess up with deadline approaching. Why did I do that ? Cause spoot had 2 votes was acting suspicious to me (which I mentiomed) but I also.mentioned previously that I wouldnt test nolders claim on day 1 as risk / reward was dumb

2 above are pretty much the only other interaction they've had all game, and it was basically nothing

Ok but jftr I didnt interact with him so moot

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

If there is no lynch by tomorrow at 5 pm I’m ending the game. 

What if we voted to no lynch? Lol

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

And heads up, if I’m unable to get MCR tickets at noon tomorrow I’m going to be grumpy 

Oh so you heard.

52 minutes ago, CTM said:

Will look for it,but can someone explain why it's me today you tomorrow or vice versa. If we are both town town loses.

Why is 80, who seems to be trying to rush a lynch, getting a pass here?

I've come to the tentative conclusion that 80 is town. Along with him and Spoot we've formed a sort of coalition and decided it's probably one of you or Verbal. We control the vote at the moment. I am very nervous about the whole thing though which is why I want to hear what you have to say. It could effect tomorrow as much as today.

CTM is the only one sometimes quoting Stark, but says nothing to do with him, only other players.

I doubt I'm the only one and I'm explaining why I found stark taking nolder seriously was suspect 

The dreaded 'neutral' read after going from top 3 for scum to not mentioned at all.  Hmm.

Jfc. It was saturday. I had him top 3 early day 1 and he had been pretty innocuous since then 

Top 3 scum, no mention, neutral, now ok.  Normally I'd call that progression, but CTM does not interact with Stark at all, and when they quote each other, it's to talk about somebody else.

I was out of town and said as much, I was skimming and trying my best to contribute. Starks posts were long and not noteworthy frankly. But skimming 

So let's sum up

The crux of your case is that I avoided stark, despite being one of if not the first person to point out suspicious behavior early on day 1.

And then you built that case on taking a post out of context (my consolidation post) and my inactivity/ skimming due to having company this weekend  and travelling for work this week.

The other part of your case is that stark scum avoided me as if it would have been expected for noobish scum to go out of his way to antagonize a more veteran player.

Finally, I'm sure that little hand job 80 is all over this case despite my having strong meta of bussing scummates and your case essentially being I avoided him. Wifom, I get it. However this is the same  wanker that was voting me early and often due to meta of pied pipering. So for 80 meta is vote worthy but so is anti meta, that is not a wifom that's opportunism and inconsistency. (Assuming 80 likes your case, which I havent confirmed)

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

I've come to the tentative conclusion that 80 is town. Along with him and Spoot we've formed a sort of coalition and decided it's probably one of you or Verbal. We control the vote at the moment. I am very nervous about the whole thing though which is why I want to hear what you have to say. It could effect tomorrow as much as today.

That seems unwise,a coalition of unknowns. Assuming each other are town is scum manna. If you lynch me today 80 has to be looked at hard tomorrow. 

I  cant vote him yet though as I havent done anything more than look at verbs case 

On 1/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, GATA said:

Vote Count

Spoot (2) - 80, Verb

Nolder (1) - Stark

80 (2)- Spoot. CTM

Stark (2)- Nolder, Crush

It takes 4 to lynch

DEADLINE - Tuesday 4 pm ET

You're supposed to unvote first 

Jfc gatabot grrrr

• Haha 1