Go on the record for a Jamal Adams trade (with analysis)

Looking at the explanation and analysis of each scenario below what is your preference if offered a 1st and 3rd for Jamal  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you choose

• Jamal Adams and new contract
    • Two draft picks in 2020 draft (1st and 3rd) and $10 million in saved cap

On 4/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, varjet said:

If we trade Jamal we will need to use a relatively high draft pick for his replacement.  

Trading Jamal is in large part a money move and paying a SS a big second contract issue.  

But if the Jets used their second round pick for another safety and drafted OT and WR in the first round, I saved $15mm/Yr, I think it would be worth it. 

If they did that this board would lose it!   I don't think we're allowed to draft a safety before the 4th anymore. 

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

If they did that this board would lose it!   I don't think we're allowed to draft a safety before the 4th anymore. 

A SS?  Absolutely not.  No team should ever use a higher pick than than for a SS.  There are always cheap options available on the street that can fill that need adequately.

If you're getting a FS/CB hybrid type in the Mathieu or Minkah Fitzpatrick mold, the mid-late 1st round or later is an acceptable pick slot to grab one of those.  

Pretty even in the poll. I can definitely see both sides though I lean to trading Jamal as I think it would make us better overall most likely. Not without risk but worth doing if the right offer is there.

If the Jets don't extend him, expect a "negotiation" as bad as any we had with Mevi$. He will hold out trash the Jets daily on twitter and in the end we may trade him after all anyway, 

53 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Pretty even in the poll. I can definitely see both sides though I lean to trading Jamal as I think it would make us better overall most likely. Not without risk but worth doing if the right offer is there.

If this same poll were to be proposed on a Steelers board regarding T.J. Watt, it wouldn't be "yes to the trade" getting 55 % of the vote, I'll tell you that much.  It would be something like 90 % against it.  

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A SS?  Absolutely not.  No team should ever use a higher pick than than for a SS.  There are always cheap options available on the street that can fill that need adequately.

If you're getting a FS/CB hybrid type in the Mathieu or Minkah Fitzpatrick mold, the mid-late 1st round or later is an acceptable pick slot to grab one of those.  

Always 

In fantasy land