Lynn Bowden Jr

Really interesting player as a 3rd round receiver. With Pittman climbing everyone's big board, this guy may be next at bat for us.

Averaged 8 yards per carry playing in the SEC with almost 1500 total rushing yards and 13 TDS. Basically unstoppable running the wildcat QB in the toughest conf. Excellent WR when doing that full time as well. His playing speed is off the charts. Returns kicks too.

Just curious what people think. This is the kind of play making difference maker we haven't had in this offense since the Leon Washington/Brad Smith years.

I have to think if he played for Clemson or Bama he would be in the first round discussion.

• Upvote 3

might as well toss in one of the youtube vids as well

(warning - mute until highlights actually start!)

hard to argue with production and not sure what his actual measurables are ... but he looks pretty little out there on the field

After doing some reading on Bowden, the concern is he's been used
in various spots and his receiving skills haven't been fully developed.
In a normal off-season you could work with him but with a shorter program
coaches may not be able to coach him up enough to help you during the
regular season

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lynn-bowden?id=3219424f-5706-8668-b439-a993ac0e9d5d

I think a team will need to be creative in ways to get the most juice from the squeeze with him.  I don't think his value is strictly as a WR.  I'm not sure we are the team that is capable of that.

I do think he's a great player and can be a good, productive pro.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m not a fan of these “hybrid” or “slash” type guys, especially in the 3rd round.  That’s crazy IMO, I would take a chance in the 6th, but no way in hell in the 3rd.   Not with this WR class.  

This guy will be long gone by the 6th round. Something has to be said for production. Playing on a sub-par team, he routinely torched the best defenses in cfb's best conference. He was easily one of the 5 most electric players in cfb last year.

If our coach can't find a way to use that, he doesn't belong on the Pee-wee level, let alone NFL.

4 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

This guy will be long gone by the 6th round. Something has to be said for production. Playing on a sub-par team, he routinely torched the best defenses in cfb's best conference. He was easily one of the 5 most electric players in cfb last year.

If our coach can't find a way to use that, he doesn't belong on the Pee-wee level, let alone NFL.

What are you drafting him to be?   He’s primarily a RB and has little WR skills.  And that’s a massive stretch to say he was one of the 5 most electric players in all of CFB last year.  Again,  he’s a 6th round type guy.   

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

What are you drafting him to be?   He’s primarily a RB and has little WR skills.  And that’s a massive stretch to say he was one of the 5 most electric players in all of CFB last year.  Again,  he’s a 6th round type guy.   

1500 yards rushing. Averaging  nearly a first down every time he touches the ball. All this while playing in the SEC.

Not sure how much more electric you get than that. Just flew wildly under the radar playing at Kentucky. 

28 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

1500 yards rushing. Averaging  nearly a first down every time he touches the ball. All this while playing in the SEC.

Not sure how much more electric you get than that. Just flew wildly under the radar playing at Kentucky. 

He was a wildcat QB, he’s a decent runner but he’s not nearly as accomplished as a receiver, that’s why I asked what are you drafting him to be.   You’re over-estimating his value to an NFL team.   Also, he wasn’t “under the radar” because he played at Kentucky, we’ve seen guys like Josh Allen and Benny Snell command plenty of attention while playing at Kentucky.  Let’s not act like he is from some directional program in the Midwest.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think a team will need to be creative in ways to get the most juice from the squeeze with him.  I don't think his value is strictly as a WR.  I'm not sure we are the team that is capable of that.

I do think he's a great player and can be a good, productive pro.

Gotta give rep for the phrase "most juice from the squeeze".

• Haha 1

With how loaded this receiver class is I think its too early to take him in Rd. 3. Especially with the type of WR the Jets need, which, IMO, is a big-bodied WR you can line up on the outside and let operate- not a 'gimmick' type who you have to figure out how to get the ball to. 

I like Peoples-Jones. To me, he is a guy who can play on the outside and has enough experience as a WR to contribute in that role but can also serve as a returner. He's the guy I would consider in Rd. 3. 

• Upvote 1