Last to post in this thread wins

Yeah.  The food was very good.  Mostly we had bbq and fair food.  I did have schnitzel.  It was plenty good, but I preferred the cotoletta alla Milanese which is the same basic thing.  Up in northern Italy things are more Germanic and Austrian and the two big dishes in Milan are the cutlet and risotto. Personally, I found Milan to have some of the worst food in Italy.  Especially compared to Florence,(huge insanely rare steaks) Umbria (wild boar) and Sicily (everything - especially seafood/swordfish).  The good places in Milan were generally run by people from other cities, but it was more international, so there was more variety. 

As for the beer, we mostly stayed in that tiny town, but the amazing thing was that a bunch of people had full bars in their basements.  Not like a wet bar, like an actual neighborhood bar with a sign.  If nobody was there you just call the guy and he comes down and serves you some reasonably priced beers.  Crazy.  We went on a tour of at least four of them in a town of 51 people.  We did get strange and special treatment for being from the States though.  Whole thing was surreal.

That is funny.   Some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten is in Germany.

That is funny.   Some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten is in Germany.

Where were you in Italy?  There is a place right near the base in Vicenza that had great fagotini (mandatory JN content) stuffed with pears and nuts.  Unreal.  Tried to get them every trip to the base.  Place was named after the rugby team - All Blacks alla Portega or something like that.

Today's discovery is that I'm probably too old/heavy to stagedive these days. I'm gonna be sore in the morning.

I am sore in the morning just from getting out of bed.  I could not imagine stage diving or moshing nowadays. I am way too sober and likely to just start punching people.

I am sore in the morning just from getting out of bed.  I could not imagine stage diving or moshing nowadays. I am way too sober and likely to just start punching people.

I hadn't stagedived this century, and I stopped moshing as a combination of lack of height, glasses and the trend of leading with elbows was making life a bit too hard.

Still, last night was just so mental, it had to be done. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQnZmm8HVA

• Upvote 1

Where were you in Italy?  There is a place right near the base in Vicenza that had great fagotini (mandatory JN content) stuffed with pears and nuts.  Unreal.  Tried to get them every trip to the base.  Place was named after the rugby team - All Blacks alla Portega or something like that.

No.  That is one place I never made it to.

I might try to do a tour there after my youngest graduates from college.

I would love to go back to Germany, but figure to try a new place and visit Germany.

I would love to go back to Germany, but figure to try a new place and visit Germany.

It's very nice over there.  They are famous for their gold.  Very close to Venice (same region).  Close to Padova, and Verona (cool city with a ton of fake Romeo and Juliet stuff) Not far from Ravenna (mosaics) Bologna (cheap communists, tortellini and meat sauce) or Modena (Ferrari).  Couple of hours to Milan, Bergamo, Pisa or Florence.  You have access to Chioggia and all the Adriatic beaches.  Trieste and Slovenia are not far at all.  That was the good thing about Milan.  You could do most of the must haves in a weekend, but it was central for travel throughout Italy and Europe.  Quick pop to Torino/France or Lugano/Switzerland.

I just read this again.  No Italy at all?  Which branch are you in?  My buddy was at Sigonella in Sicily in the Navy.  I think the Air Force ends up at Aviano in Pordenone. 

I just read this again.  No Italy at all?  Which branch are you in?  My buddy was at Sigonella in Sicily in the Navy.  I think the Air Force ends up at Aviano in Pordenone. 

I am civilian and my specialty is everywhere.

I think it would be more likely a lateral move. 

I dunno, considering all she seems to do is make unintelligible squeaks, I had her figured more as a minion.

Even if she's merely a minion, she's got this ridiclous legion of extremely hardcore fans right up there with Team Breezy. You bash her in front of fans or on tha Twitta (which I don't actually do), be prepared for death threats. My GUESS is that she's one of the Reptilians, as is her already loaded family. Another guess is that she's a greeeeeeeeat ****, like top of the line.

. You bash her in front of fans or on tha Twitta (which I don't actually do), be prepared for death threats.

I suggested twenty years ago that all those New Kids on the Block, Bros etc fans, be subject to mandatory sterilisation, because it was obvious they were going to breed and their offspring would be worse.

It happened. Now we have One Direction, Taylor Swift, the Kardashians and all their associated cretins running loose upon the world. And with the way even normal news takes so much of their stories from social media makes it much harder to avoid all that crap.

Do we really want this current generation to spawn even worse horrors in future? 

I suggested twenty years ago that all those New Kids on the Block, Bros etc fans, be subject to mandatory sterilisation, because it was obvious they were going to breed and their offspring would be worse.

It happened. Now we have One Direction, Taylor Swift, the Kardashians and all their associated cretins running loose upon the world. And with the way even normal news takes so much of their stories from social media makes it much harder to avoid all that crap.

Do we really want this current generation to spawn even worse horrors in future? 

That is inevitable.

p159395_d_v7_aa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...