Jets Players Showing True Colors

The Fat Man

There is good reason for Jets fans to be concerned about the quality of this 4-12 football team. They have no heart! Pennington, Mawai, Law and Abraham with soon to follow Martin, Fabini and Kendall all have chosen the path of cut me or pay me. Their colors are yellow..not green!

This is definitely a by-product of Herman Edwards' pampering school of football. No wonder Terry Bradway is gone, he could not stand to watch Mangini and Tannenbaum dismantle this team. Pennington and Mawai can leave today and no one will miss either of them.

We all know about the "egg" at QB, Mawai has not won any superbowls and is getting older. Last year he had trouble with Center/QB exchanges and cannot do the shotgun at all. For a one-sided center he should be happy to be receiving the king of money he gets. I want a shotgun offense!

This team quit last year..I saw every game 2x (tivo). If you compare this to the Rich Kotite 1-15 team that played hard all year and never gave up, they just did not have any talent. This 4-12 team is loaded with talent and cannot get it together becuase they lack team work qualities.

Woody Johnson should not be blamed for this team. He paid the money and is willing to dole out top 5 salary money. He now realizes that he is not getting any bang for his buck and wants to pull back. I would much rather watch youngsters speeding around the football field with passion and aggression than some old fart that wants more money or extra time off during summer workouts.

ITS TIME FOR THE JETS TO GET GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut Pennington (Take the $12 million hit) and move on!

Cut Mawai (Get a center that will do shotgun) and move on!

Put tag on Abraham and trade him to the Cardinals for a 2nd (2006) & 3rd Rounder (2007).

Cut Fabini (he'll be gone anyway)

Cut Kendall (He can go back to Arizona and whine)

Curtis Martin needs to restructure or retire!

Trade Dewayne Robertson for more picks.

Wow... so Edwards is now responsible for agents of the players.

I wonder how many years we will have to wait to get to the point where fans don't blame a cloudy day in the Meadowlands on him.

As for the players, I think this is more about agents than players.

BZ

Wow... so Edwards is now responsible for agents of the players.

I wonder how many years we will have to wait to get to the point where fans don't blame a cloudy day in the Meadowlands on him.

As for the players, I think this is more about agents than players.

BZ

agree thats silly.

BUT, you have to say that Herms refusal to fine players for being overweight (not being in prime playing shape hurts the TEAM) did permeate that ME First attitude among some, not all, but some.

i can no longer defend chad completely, for the time being, but as for curtis martin, he has gone on record saying he WILL take a pay cut, and is working very well with the FO to work things out. Shut up dude, and get your facts straight, talk trash about the rest if you want, but curtis martin is a class act and is going to take a pay cut, he's not yellow. But ironically reading all your trash you post all the time makes ME green---sickly green.

i can no longer defend chad completely, for the time being, but as for curtis martin, he has gone on record saying he WILL take a pay cut, and is working very well with the FO to work things out. Shut up dude, and get your facts straight, talk trash about the rest if you want, but curtis martin is a class act and is going to take a pay cut, he's not yellow. But ironically reading all your trash you post all the time makes ME green---sickly green.

Curtis = Freeman McNeil

class acts all the way

didnt think he should have started last year, but Herm decides those things, not the players,,,er I think anyways,,,

Curtis = Freeman McNeil

class acts all the way

didnt think he should have started last year, but Herm decides those things, not the players,,,er I think anyways,,,

and im not saying he should start next year(or should have last year), nor do i think he will....thing is he's willing to stay on and teach our young rb's a thing or two, when he could probably go to some team and do like emmitt smith did with the cardinals...compile another 600 or 700 yards next year. Instead he's showing his true colors, as this guy likes to say....and he still acts like a jerk to him...ridiculous if you ask me

You guys are bitter at Chad for refusing to give up over 85% of his contract? Wow...

im far from bitter, infact i think that 3-4 mil guaranteed next year is a better offer than 1 million, and thats what they'll end up doing if they keep him. I was simply saying i cant say "chads going to take a huge paycut for the team i promise" anymore, b/c technically, thats been proven wrong, although i think a lot of it has to do with his agent(i hate agents too btw, almost as much as i hate bradway).

You guys are bitter at Chad for refusing to give up over 85% of his contract? Wow...

they are not askin that..

they want to spread the bonus over more years,,thet cant take the bonus away,,,

as far as yearly contract amount and length,,hell ya,,thets the beauty of the NFL contracts,,

if the ydont renegotite down when the ysuck and have minimal leverage the team can absolve the contract as null and void if they are cut by opening day,,

only thinh guranteed in NFL contracts is signing bonus,,

if a gu yhas a 10 year contract and is cut before opening day,, adios terms and conditions,,

they are not askin that..

they want to spread the bonus over more years,,thet cant take the bonus away,,,

as far as yearly contract amount and length,,hell ya,,thets the beauty of the NFL contracts,,

if the ydont renegotite down when the ysuck and have minimal leverage the team can absolve the contract as null and void if they are cut by opening day,,

only thinh guranteed in NFL contracts is signing bonus,,

if a gu yhas a 10 year contract and is cut before opening day,, adios terms and conditions,,

Of course they are asking that. They already paid him his signing bonus. He has that money pocketed. They're killing his yearly salary.

Of course they are asking that. They already paid him his signing bonus. He has that money pocketed. They're killing his yearly salary.

not true.

his signin bonus was deferred over several years,,,they are askin hi mto spread even more AND to takre a cut from regualar season salary

although i think a lot of it has to do with his agent(i hate agents too btw, almost as much as i hate bradway).

Agents suck but you cant hate them for it. There job is to get as much money for their client as possible even if it involves screwing the team.

agree thats silly.

BUT, you have to say that Herms refusal to fine players for being overweight (not being in prime playing shape hurts the TEAM) did permeate that ME First attitude among some, not all, but some.

Maybe some of them, but Herm was also known as a players coach and they played hard for him game in and game out. So, you can't have it both ways.

BZ

Maybe some of them, but Herm was also known as a players coach and they played hard for him game in and game out. So, you can't have it both ways.

BZ

OK, but who cares if u play hard as hell if u r slow from being over ideal weight,,like u said u cant have it both ways

Just because he is quiet..(which is something you guys who criticize me should definitely do)! Does not mean he is a class act. You are defined in sports as winning the big one. He cannot. He didn't with NE and he won't with NYJ. He cannot break any runs for TD's. He never had that capability. He is known for 100 yard games and 25-30 carries. He is known for durability! But, he is not a piece of the championship puzzle. His durability is gone and he will not get anywhere near 20 carries! He will get 10-13 carries and average 3-4 yards per carry. He is a 30-40 yard back nothing more!

Can we all agree this team is in for a rough yr? Or are some of you thinking were a playoff team?

All I know is there are guys on this team who are OLD & Slow & Overpaid and if you think like Im thinking(bad yr) then these guys are going to be another yr older this time next yr when we have a better shot at the playoffs.

If they are being singled out for not earning their money,this time next yr it's gonna be worse. Lineman don't get younger.

Im not saying cut everybody just to please the fans and to save the cap. It's very clear who they players on this team are who are OLD,OVERPAID and almost done. Why not try to rework their deals or even cut them to help give this team every chance to build for a successful future?

I don't care why you can't do the job anymore,If you can't get it done someone should be brought in to replace you ,especially for a smaller salary.

The FO & coaching staff got a youth makeover. Im pretty sure the team is to follow. Everybody should be fearful for their jobs.

Just because he is quiet..(which is something you guys who criticize me should definitely do)! Does not mean he is a class act. You are defined in sports as winning the big one. He cannot. He didn't with NE and he won't with NYJ. He cannot break any runs for TD's. He never had that capability. He is known for 100 yard games and 25-30 carries. He is known for durability! But, he is not a piece of the championship puzzle. His durability is gone and he will not get anywhere near 20 carries! He will get 10-13 carries and average 3-4 yards per carry. He is a 30-40 yard back nothing more!

Being called a class act has nothing to do with how many times you

carry the ball or how many yards you gain.

do you think before you type? i mean really, come on dude....exactly what SFJ said--winning has nothing to do with class, that has to do with how GREAT a running back is. Anyone you ask will tell you curtis is one of the most genuine, classy players in the NFL, there is no disputing that. Again, if you want to jump all over the other players for their "colors", and even if you want to say curtis isnt truely successful b/c he never won a superbowl, go ahead. But do NOT say he is not one of the most honorable players to play for the NYJ in recent history. He is loyal to this organization through and through, so for once, just shut your mouth about it.

This team quit last year..I saw every game 2x (tivo). If you compare this to the Rich Kotite 1-15 team that played hard all year and never gave up, they just did not have any talent. This 4-12 team is loaded with talent and cannot get it together becuase they lack team work qualities.

I agree with this that the fatman said and had been saying it all last season-this WAS the worst Jets team I ever saw-like fatso said;at least the 1-15 team could friggin score and actually had chances to win some of those games this was a pathetic display of an NFL franchise-I want better-we DESERVE better

I agree with this that the fatman said and had been saying it all last season-this WAS the worst Jets team I ever saw-like fatso said;at least the 1-15 team could friggin score and actually had chances to win some of those games this was a pathetic display of an NFL franchise-I want better-we DESERVE better

i was too young to remember....but was that teams confidence and chemistry destroyed early in the season by the loss of key leaders on both sides of the ball(pennington and barton for example)--then basically done in while trying to come back against san deigo when losing the heart and soul of the team(wayne chrebet). I seriously doubt it. Im aware the team wasnt GREAT in the first place(yes tx, i know) against KC...but youre argueing that they WERE talented, so if you think they were great, then all the injuries screwed all that up.

Archived