Jets Players Offer Conflicting Views of Life Under Adam Gase

29 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think Gore is likely to be a 1st ballot.  #3 on the all-time rushing list.

If he doesn't make the 1st ballot, he absolutely will get in during his 2nd year of eligibility like Curtis Martin.  CuMar is #6 on the list btw.

this. jets think revis is a lock. the new breed cb hofer with the lowest amount of interceptions.....

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

Frank Gore loves football.  He's 37 years old and averaged fewer than 3 YPC in the second half of the 2019 season.  How many teams do you think were banging down his door during the 16th wave of free agency?

So he just lied for no apparent reason?

Bell lied?

And not one player, other than one trying to force the Jets hand has a single complaint about Gase?

19 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Just the fact that different players have different views of him is probably not a good thing.  He is known to play favorites.  

Its one player who has a different view.  

And he isn't known for playing favorites.  

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's possible to like one thing (Football) more than you dislike another thing (Gase).

Also, none of this changes Gase's demeanor/attitude when asked about injured players.  I see now that it's not all that obvious to some folks, but it is to me.  What we've heard about Gase from previous players in Miami and now Jamal is not the least bit surprising.

Just because Jamal is an egomaniac douchebag doesn't mean Gase isn't dismissive in the locker room.  There's clearly something wrong with the guy and it may not even be his fault that he is the way he is, but it is the way he is.

What previous players other than Adams, Landry and Ajayi have proclaimed their dislike of Gase?    Can you find more than three players?  Because you canprobably name every single NFL coach who has some players royally pissed.  It's part of the job.  Bleacher Report and non sourced articles without names and quotes don't count as evidence.

[edit: I see you posted a few more names after digging.  Congratulations.  Every NFL HC in the hiistory of the NFL can find players that don''t like them or their decisions.  This would go from HoF coaches to the 2 years and out ones as well.]

All the Gase arguments are hyperbole from the media.  Suckers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What previous players other than Adams, Landry and Ajayi have proclaimed their dislike of Gase?    Can you find more than three players?  Because you canprobably name every single NFL coach who has some players royally pissed.  It's part of the job.  Bleacher Report and non sourced articles without names and quotes don't count as evidence.

Okay, so from this point on, without sworn statements from every guy on the roster, we can't listen to anything that is reported.  Got it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Okay, so from this point on, without sworn statements from every guy on the roster, we can't listen to anything that is reported.  Got it.

there you go again... completely distorting and exaggerating.  I didn't say you can't listen to "anything".  I said you should carefully consider basing your reasoning in public on trash sources like Bleacher Report and Manish Mehta.  It does not present a compelling case.  Using those as your sources.... well.... kind of embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No without anything more than one player, one who is trying to force the team to trade him, trying to say its a trend is wrong and distorts the truth 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No without anything more than one player, one who is trying to force the team to trade him, trying to say its a trend is wrong and bad reporting

It's only one player if you've not read about all of the other players both on record and rumored.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

there you go again... completely distorting and exaggerating.  I didn't say you can't listen to "anything".  I said you should carefully consider basing your reasoning in public on trash sources like Bleacher Report and Manish Mehta.  It does not present a compelling case.  Using those as your sources.... well.... kind of embarrassing.

He has been criticezed publicly by several players with reports of even more players going to ownership to complain about him and that was before he came to the Jets.  Now we're seeing it again with Jamal but without sworn statements, we find ways to explain it away.  "Oh, we can't listen to that guy becuase he got traded, and we can't listen to that guy because he's not a starter, and we can't listen to that guy because he's a diva, and we can't listen to that guy becasue he did an interview with a reporter I don't like, etc"

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, AFJF said:

He has been criticezed publicly by several players with reports of even more players going to ownership to complain about him and that was before he came to the Jets.  Now we're seeing it again with Jamal but without sworn statements, we find ways to explain it away.  "Oh, we can't listen to that guy becuase he got traded, and we can't listen to that guy because he's not a starter, and we can't listen to that guy because he's a diva, and we can't listen to that guy becasue he did an interview with a reporter I don't like, etc"

This happens all over the NFL.  Whatever.  Nothing is changing now anyway. If the team plays well, Gase will be back.  If not, then the debate starts.  FOr now... there really is no debate and the evidence the Gase haters present is fraking weak as sh*t.  I'll give Gase another season before I pull the plug.  I suggest that others come around to accepting that and hoping for success.

Gase is a smug, arrogant SOB.   We all know that. 

But he hasn't had a chance to install his offense with a functioning OL.  The Jets might start slow again because it is a new group.

The Jets were a better team than when they began last season.  I expect the same trajectory again in 2020.

The Jets have had mostly "player" coaches lately; Herm, Rex, Bowles.

I believe Gase can do this.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dcat said:

This happens all over the NFL.  Whatever.  Nothing is changing now anyway. If the team plays well, Gase will be back.  If not, then the debate starts.  FOr now... there really is no debate and the evidence the Gase haters present is fraking weak as sh*t.  I'll give Gase another season before I pull the plug.  I suggest that others come around to accepting that and hoping for success.

I don't think there's anyone who hasn't accepted it.  My concern is that some QB's are just too good to be stopped from being very good.  Darnold might be one of those guys.  Very good may be his floor.  I want him to hit his ceiling and be great.  Basically, Darnold at his worst might be good enough to save Gase.  That's bad IMO.  Good enough to keep the job, but not good enough to win anything.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's only one player if you've not read about all of the other players both on record and rumored.

Where are all the other players on. record who have made the same com plaints?

One who complained about the number of carries he had, who had real complaints?  Are we still counting the disgruntled Bell in the mix?  Bell professing how good his relationship is with Gase is, how much he communicates with him, more than any other coach hes had which includes Tomlin does that negate one of those players?  In 4 seasons hes had what 4 complaints?  I'm supposed to draw what conclusion about Gase based on so few, especially when 2 of those players were embroiled in contract disputes, one complained over touches and one more who was just a bad locker room guy

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where are all the other players on. record who have made the same com plaints?

One who complained about the number of carries he had, who had real complaints?  Are we still counting the disgruntled Bell in the mix?  Bell professing how good his relationship is with Gase is, how much he communicates with him, more than any other coach hes had which includes Tomlin does that negate one of those players?  In 4 seasons hes had what 4 complaints?  I'm supposed to draw what conclusion about Gase based on so few, especially when 2 of those players were embroiled in contract disputes, one complained over touches and one more who was just a bad locker room guy

I already addressed this.  People ask for examples and then find their own reasons to dismiss them.  What's the point of providing evidence of something if it's going to be dismissed in favor of personal bias?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Adam Gase is awesome!!

Jamal Adams sucks!

Gase will be the best coach we've had since Parcells!

Jamal Adams couldn't fill out a job application at McDonald's-

Suspend this ass clown who calls himself the prez or make him a constant inactive healthy scratch all year! No player is bigger than the team!

As  much as I'd like to agree with this I can't. Suspending your best player would only lead to another losing season and Gase getting fired.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Bell lied?

And not one player, other than one trying to force the Jets hand has a single complaint about Gase?

So you believe every player in the NFL is in love with their head coach because the television didn't tell you otherwise?

15 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Frank Gore is a first ballot what? I hope you're not talking Hall of Famer, because that he isn't...

And that's the 2nd time today I'm reading that he signed here because we have an absolute hack at the HC position. Can someone please provide a link to a quote that verifies this? Because I'm quite sure there isn't one player in the NFL that sees a coaching roster with "Adam Gase" (just typing that loser's name made me throw up in my own mouth ?) and says to himself: "He's there? Boy oh boy I better sign onto that squad, post-haste!"

Screenshot_20200725_103943_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/eagles/20070614_Coughlin_wants_a_Giant_clamp_on_his_players_tongues.html

Tom Coughlin was literally killed publicly by the best players on the Giants.  Some of the same guys who weren't dumped from the team universally love the man after winning two SB.

Losers complain.  Winning solves everything.  The Jets are moving in the right direction.  Mac is gone.  Douglas and Gase deserve a chance to turn the turd they were handed around.  Turn off the noise.  If they can't get this thing turned in the right direction Gase will be gone.  That's a given in the NFL.  

Just because we haven't won in over 50 years doesn't change a thing.  We need better players and better coaching.  If we don't get both we will start over again in another couple of years.  

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/eagles/20070614_Coughlin_wants_a_Giant_clamp_on_his_players_tongues.html

Tom Coughlin was literally killed publicly by the best players on the Giants.  Some of the same guys who weren't dumped from the team universally love the man after winning two SB.

Losers complain.  Winning solves everything.  The Jets are moving in the right direction.  Mac is gone.  Douglas and Gase deserve a chance to turn the turd they were handed around.  Turn off the noise.  If they can't get this thing turned in the right direction Gase will be gone.  That's a given in the NFL.  

Coughlin was hated becasue he made his players work hard.

Criticisms of Gase are due to him not caring.  As I've said before, this was fine a few years ago.  In today's NFL?  Not so much.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bell lied?

Not for "no reason".  Because he was asked to give a reason why he came to the Jets.  What was he going to say?  The history?  The tradition?  He loves playing home games in front of opposing fans?  Easy answer is "I know the head coach".

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Coughlin was hated becasue he made his players work hard.

Criticisms of Gase are due to him not caring.  As I've said before, this was fine a few years ago.  In today's NFL?  Not so much.

It's "pro" football.  It's a profession.  You develop your kraft, you work within the team concept and pull together to win.  Caring if your boss loves you enough and putting it on social media just means your mommy didn't love you enough. 

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Wait, I thought it was only one?  

Gotta keep moving those goal posts.  If it was 52, Gase's fans would say player 53 was the only good man on the roster.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It's "pro" football.  It's a profession.  You develop your kraft, you work within the team concept and pull together to win.  Caring if your boss loves you enough and putting it on social media just means your mommy didn't love you enough. 

It's 2020.  Like it or not these gus are coddled from the second the people around them realize they're special.  Treat them like they were treated in the old days and they'll go to the media to tell them what you really are.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AFJF said:

It's 2020.  Like it or not these gus are coddled from the second the people around them realize they're special.  Treat them like they were treated in the old days and they'll go to the media to tell them what you really are.

Again so what?  I don't care, it's noise.  I don't care if Gase is hated by the players or loved by them.  I've had a couple of bosses that I personally didn't like but respected the way they operated and learned a heck of a lot from.  It had zero impact on my day to day performance.  You don't have to like the boss.  

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Again so what?  I don't care, it's noise.  I don't care if Gase is hated by the players or loved by them.  I've had a couple of bosses that I personally didn't like but respected the way they operated and learned a heck of a lot from.  It had zero impact on my day to day performance.  You don't have to like the boss.  

Nobody is asking you to care.  We're talking about football on a message board and nobody says you have to like the boss.  The conversation is about whether or not the boss is good at what he does.  The record says he is not and many players have suggested the same.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Hopefully you realize not everyone is like that.  

45 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What does it matter.  This is how it is.  This is just another “back in my day” post.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

I already addressed this.  People ask for examples and then find their own reasons to dismiss them.  What's the point of providing evidence of something if it's going to be dismissed in favor of personal bias?

No, just making a point.  Two of your complainers are or were in a dispute with the team.  One is a pain in the ass out of football, another was pissed he didn’t get ball more often

I don’t here specific complaints or an exorbitant number of complaints.  One Jet?  Who wants to force the team to trade him?  

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Not for "no reason".  Because he was asked to give a reason why he came to the Jets.  What was he going to say?  The history?  The tradition?  He loves playing home games in front of opposing fans?  Easy answer is "I know the head coach".

How about the ever popular “I know the system”., “like the system”, “I’m comfortable in the system”, “there’s a real opportunity here”. Or any of the other countless lines he could have used.  The ones that don’t fit the no one likes Gase so he’s full of shlt angle

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Nobody is asking you to care.  We're talking about football on a message board and nobody says you have to like the boss.  The conversation is about whether or not the boss is good at what he does.  The record says he is not and many players have suggested the same.

The fact is the biggest whiner on the Jets about Gase  is Jamal Adams.  He also happens to be the best and hardest playing player from end to end on the team.  The facts simply don't line up with your agenda on Gase.   If Adams is your example of how it's impacting performance, you've got it backwards.  That's why I contend it doesn't matter.  I didn't see Adams dogging it on his way to being all pro under Gase.  

What I see is a player in the offseason trying to get paid out of frustration.  Basically an immature person who's a heck of a football player.  Since it hasn't impacted his play, I view it as noise.  You're simply making stuff up because you have an agenda against Gase.  

You're speculating to make up stuff to fit your agenda.  Now if you have any facts that a team full of players who love the boss impacts performance over time I would be interested in seeing it.  I love a good argument that changes my mind.  I haven't seen it.