‘Super explosive’ Breshad Perriman showing Sam Darnold potential

so, i been saying qb/wr chemistry is mostly the qb?

here's some evidence

Chris Hogan has two Super Bowl rings. He has played in nine playoff games and three Super Bowls. He once had nine catches for 180 yards and two touchdowns in the AFC Championship game. He had six catches for 128 yards and a touchdown in one Super Bowl.

and he was an UDFA

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

BP has rarely drawn number one cb coverage consistently and beaten it.

So even if he's excellent,
That means gilmore and white etc smother BP most of these games. Other teams in the division have legit CB 1

NFL teams need like 4 or 5 weapons to win games against good defenses.

The Jets 5 would be Bell, BP, crowder and the 2 te Herndon and griffin?

It's not enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Not true.  He was taking on the other team’s #1 CB second half last year when he was lighting it up with Jameis Winston and the other Bucs WRs were injured.  He was even getting bracket covered on certain plays

A better argument is he got a big chunk of his stats facing a crappy Matt Patricia coached Lions D that couldn’t stop most posters on this messageboard 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

so, i been saying qb/wr chemistry is mostly the qb?

here's some evidence

Chris Hogan has two Super Bowl rings. He has played in nine playoff games and three Super Bowls. He once had nine catches for 180 yards and two touchdowns in the AFC Championship game. He had six catches for 128 yards and a touchdown in one Super Bowl.

and he was an UDFA

696BD80B-6279-4E04-BCD2-A91D661DE35D.jpeg

just stop

he is a jaq WR who was cut numerous times by teams 

his best year he had 36 catches and some of u want to crown him as d green would say

now he for some unknown reason is being talked up as our Number one WR by some and as our new "Robby"

Do I want him to do well sure I do but my expectations are low because his production has been low his entire career and now as our "one" he will face the other teams best  DB much of the time.

If you wanted me to get excited for a wr-you do what the bills did you get a guy like Diggs that is a real wr a real player to get excited about

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not true.  He was taking on the other team’s #1 CB second half last year when he was lighting it up with Jameis Winston and the other Bucs WRs were injured.  He was even getting bracket covered on certain plays

A better argument is he got a big chunk of his stats facing a crappy Matt Patricia coached Lions D that couldn’t stop most posters on this messageboard 

Godwin played that game and was their focus to stop 

59 minutes ago, kmnj said:

If you wanted me to get excited for a wr-you do what the bills did you get a guy like Diggs that is a real wr a real player to get excited about

Yes.  The right call was to surrender the ability to draft Becton in order to acquire Diggs.  Totally the best move to make for this franchise.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

just stop

he is a jaq WR who was cut numerous times by teams 

his best year he had 36 catches and some of u want to crown him as d green would say

now he for some unknown reason is being talked up as our Number one WR by some and as our new "Robby"

Do I want him to do well sure I do but my expectations are low because his production has been low his entire career and now as our "one" he will face the other teams best  DB much of the time.

He had 3 monster games to end last year. The first was with Godwin, the other two it was pretty clear that Perriman was the #1. 

So if your argument is that he was never the #1 WR, facing a teams #1 DB, that's not accurate. 

If your argument is that "well he put up big numbers because he was the only WR option" that also isn't true because he did it once while playing alongside Godwin. 

The reality is that this isn't Josh Doctson where you were hoping that he would one day put together some good games. We've actually seen it from Perriman and we saw in his last 3 games last year so it's not something we are banking on from a random 3 game sample 2 years ago. 

With that said, would i want him as my teams #1 WR? Hell no. Would I want him as our #2WR? Not really. There are legit questions about Perriman, but he isn't a JAG...yet. The upside with Perriman is #1 WR. That can't be said of guys like Donte Moncrief or Demayrius Thomas. 

So you can either be optimistic that he is on the verge of a breakout and that the last 3 games of last year were the start of a very good career or you can be negative and just assume last years final 3 games were a fluke.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He had 3 monster games to end last year. The first was with Godwin, the other two it was pretty clear that Perriman was the #1. 

So if your argument is that he was never the #1 WR, facing a teams #1 DB, that's not accurate. 

If your argument is that "well he put up big numbers because he was the only WR option" that also isn't true because he did it once while playing alongside Godwin. 

The reality is that this isn't Josh Doctson where you were hoping that he would one day put together some good games. We've actually seen it from Perriman and we saw in his last 3 games last year so it's not something we are banking on from a random 3 game sample 2 years ago. 

With that said, would i want him as my teams #1 WR? Hell no. Would I want him as our #2WR? Not really. There are legit questions about Perriman, but he isn't a JAG...yet. The upside with Perriman is #1 WR. That can't be said of guys like Donte Moncrief or Demayrius Thomas. 

So you can either be optimistic that he is on the verge of a breakout and that the last 3 games of last year were the start of a very good career or you can be negative and just assume last years final 3 games were a fluke.

what is the larger sample size and more accurate one?

his 4 years in the league where he was terrible and cut more then once or three games two vs terrible defenses especially the lions game

hey I hope the dude does great but is bigly sad folks pumping up this guy to fail with un realistic number wr expectations.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

his 4 years in the league where he was terrible and cut more then once or three games two vs terrible defenses especially the lions game

hey I hope the dude does great but is bigly sad folks pumping up this guy to fail with un realistic number wr expectations.

What kinds of projections have people been making?  I haven't seen any in this thread or elsewhere on the board.

Again.  Positive thoughts about Perriman's potential does not automatically mean people think he'll be a Pro Bowler.  

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What kinds of projections have people been making?  I haven't seen any in this thread or elsewhere on the board.

Again.  Positive thoughts about Perriman's potential does not automatically mean people think he'll be a Pro Bowler.  

800 yards and 7-9 tds

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

If his production in the last 3 games last year came instead from a much larger sample size we wouldn't have gotten him at the price we did. 

• Upvote 1