Hey it could be worse...

Philc1

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Mayfield had the same kind of game Darnold did.

They’re both looking like bottom tier meh QB’s.

They both stink . But Darnold not only stinks he has terrible mechanics and only throws the ball well when he feels comfortable either running from pressure because he can control that or getting perfect protection so he can actually step into his throw. If the pocket gets the least bit crowded even though he may still be fine he gets rattled and throws off the back foot every single time. When was the last time you saw Sam Darnold step into a crowded pocket and throw the ball with some conviction ? He just does not do it and he never will. Its ingrained in him, he plays scared.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

They both stink . But Darnold not only stinks he has terrible mechanics and only throws the ball well when he feels comfortable either running from pressure because he can control that or getting perfect protection so he can actually step into his throw. If the pocket gets the least bit crowded even though he may still be fine he gets rattled and throws off the back foot every single time. When was the last time you saw Sam Darnold step into a crowded pocket and throw the ball with some conviction ? He just does not do it and he never will. Its ingrained in him, he plays scared.

If this continues and we’re 3-13 and every game sam is 17-38 182 yards 1 td 2 ints It’s really starting to look like we’ll be drafting Trevor Lawrence and completely rebuilding from scratch...which is probably the wisest thing to do at this point.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

If you thought the Bills were a fast defense wait till ya see the Niners who also have a great defense but a much better pass rush. There is no way in hell Darnold does not pussify the hell out of that game as well.

Don’t worry I’m sure Gase has some incredible screen plays drawn up.  Those worked so well today

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Baker is the worst starting QB in the nfl.  Worse than Sam.  Worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick even

Baker has Beckham, Landry, Njoku Chubb, Hunt and got 6 friggin points today

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

If this continues and we’re 3-13 and every game sam is 17-38 182 yards 1 td 2 ints It’s really starting to look like we’ll be drafting Trevor Lawrence and completely rebuilding from scratch...which is probably the wisest thing to do at this point.

If we really sh*t the bed and have that option we almost have to take it. I hate to say it and I've held back for 2 years with Darnold . I didnt like the way he threw the ball in college but I tried to be optimistic just like I was  with Sanchez but I'm done with that sh*t and QB's you either have it or you don't and Sam unfortunately does not have it. He is not going to correct what has come naturally to him throwing off his back foot and playing scared. The reason this game got out of hand so early were the constant 3 and outs while Sam missed every WR and even dump passes. You can't keep putting a defense out on the field like that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t worry I’m sure Gase has some incredible screen plays drawn up.  Those worked so well today

what screen plays ? I saw 1 maybe 2 late in the game. FWIW when you are under serious pressure the screen game is the only way to be viable or at least pick up a first Down here and there. When  you can't stop pressure you MUST adjust and dropping back waiting for long plays to develop is just bad football.

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Baker is the worst starting QB in the nfl.  Worse than Sam.  Worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick even

Baker has Beckham, Landry, Njoku Chubb, Hunt and got 6 friggin points today

Dont put those guys in a sentence with Fitzpatrick at least he knows how to step into a throw ...problem with Fitz is at times he just goes off the rails which is maddening because the guy is supposed to be smart yet sometimes plays dreadfully stupid. Give me a call when Darnold breaks into one of Fitz top 20 games in his career. As a matter of fact give me a call when Darnold has one of Fitz top five games as a Jet

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dont put those guys in a sentence with Fitzpatrick at least he knows how to step into a throw ...problem with Fitz is at times he just goes off the rails which is maddening because the guy is supposed to be smart yet sometimes plays dreadfully stupid. Give me a call when Darnold breaks into one of Fitz top 20 games in his career. As a matter of fact give me a call when Darnold has one of Fitz top five games as a Jet

Fitz is a virus