Tracking the Jets 2021 Draft picks - Where will they be picking?

jetstream23

As of today, it looks like the Jets have either 9 or 10 selections in the 2021 Draft....

1st, 1st (from Seattle - Adams)

2nd

3rd3rd (from Seattle - Adams)

4th

5th, 5th (from Giants - Leo Williams)

6th (from Patriots - 2020 Draft day trade)

7th (from Seattle - conditional for Parry Nickerson - unconfirmed)

Does that seem right?

* Jets traded away their own 6th to NE for Demaryius Thomas.  Jets traded away their own 7th in 2021 for a 2022 6th round pick with 49ers in trade of Jordan Willis.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

And I’m Looking for confirmation on this, assuming they make the playoffs, Seattle’s regular season record Doesn’t make a difference in their draft slot, it only depends on when they lose in the playoffs, is that correct?

I believe their regular season record is used to determine the draft order among the playoff teams that lose each round.  We also don’t want Seattle to get the top seed and first round bye, so there are definitely reasons for rooting for them to lose more regular season games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/28/2020 at 1:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

8 picks in the first 5 rounds is pretty, pretty good.

Hopefully a couple more trades are coming, at the deadline and/or in March/April of next year, to add more picks to the arsenal.

Knowing JD there will be at least one trade down as well.  My guess is that if the Jets don't draft at #1 or #2 overall they'll trade back.  If they go QB at the top of Round 1 they'll trade back with either their late 1st from Seattle or their own 2nd.

This is a team that could really benefit from a large quantity of 3rd round-ish type players, hopefully hitting on above average starters for the OLine, LB, CB and WR group.

• Upvote 2

On 10/27/2020 at 8:36 PM, David Harris said:

And I’m Looking for confirmation on this, assuming they make the playoffs, Seattle’s regular season record Doesn’t make a difference in their draft slot, it only depends on when they lose in the playoffs, is that correct?

Picks 19-24, will be wild card round losers (based on record)

Picks 25-28, are the division round losers (based on record) 

29-30, are conference championship losers (based on record)

31-32, Super Bowl

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, jetstream23 said:

Knowing JD there will be at least one trade down as well.  My guess is that if the Jets don't draft at #1 or #2 overall they'll trade back.  If they go QB at the top of Round 1 they'll trade back with either their late 1st from Seattle or their own 2nd.

This is a team that could really benefit from a large quantity of 3rd round-ish type players, hopefully hitting on above average starters for the OLine, LB, CB and WR group.

Or they use their Seattle #1 and Seattle #3 to move up into the high teens/ low 20’s to grab someone they love & garner the 5th year option. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Or they use their Seattle #1 and Seattle #3 to move up into the high teens/ low 20’s to grab someone they love & garner the 5th year option. 

At this point in his tenure I don't think JD will be looking to convert two of his draft picks into one, but if it's a guy they love at certain position then you could be right.  The 5th year option is the best thing about those 1st round picks.  It's why I love having Seattle's this year and next, even if they're very late in the round.

• Upvote 1