Gase: Want to play Perine more but Gore just too damn good.

48 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Fire Adam Gase immediately following our season; and make Frank Gore pack his bags (he should never receive another NFL carry as a Jet). 

1.  Adam Gase is returning next season as he is the Football Man this franchise has needed for decades, reports directly to our owner, and is in charge of all aspects of this rebuild.

2.  Frank Gore is a living breathing example for this young and impressionable Jets roster.  A consummate professional, a tireless worker, and a productive player.  

You want to be the Steelers, you need to build like the Steelers.  You want a changed culture, you need players that are culture-changers.  You need to get with the program already.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We have been begging the Jets to rebuild "the right way" for a decade now.  This is what it looks like.  It looks like an owner, GM, and HC all on the same page with a 4 year plan and some patience.

Year 1 is the hardest.  It's when you rip off the Bandaid and have very little new resources to plug holes.  It's ugly.  The Jets cut way deeper than they otherwise would have because season ticket holders haven't spent a dime due to the pandemic and by all logic it looks like we aren't going to be asked to spend any money next season either.  It's a unique window where we can get bad quick and get good quick without fans being asked to pay for the privalege.

You want to be an organization like the Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens?  You want to have a roster of young, homegrown impact players?  You want to stop the reliance on a never ending stream of old free agents and lazy cash-outs?  You want to end the dysfunction?  This is how you do it.  This is what you wanted.  Stop complaining about it.  

SAR I

Maybe Owner and GM, but lets talk how to rebuild a team from a HC perspective:

1. instead of playing a player that is just too good to bench who is old and not likely to be part of the rebuild, you play the young players to see what you have and get them experience; this includes QB too; no point running Flacco out on the field. GM may have to release these guys to get the younger guys more playing time.

2. You need to develop players: Sam, Herndon, ... the list is too long - these guys are not only not getting better, but they are getting considerably worse.

3. You need to adapt your style to fit the players, not the other way around.

Yep we are in a true re-build, but in my mind, the HC isn't part of it; or more like it, we should be upgrading the coaching staff along with the talent.

54 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Maybe Owner and GM, but lets talk how to rebuild a team from a HC perspective:

1. instead of playing a player that is just too good to bench who is old and not likely to be part of the rebuild, you play the young players to see what you have and get them experience; this includes QB too; no point running Flacco out on the field. GM may have to release these guys to get the younger guys more playing time.

There are 7 games left.  Plenty of time to reduce Gore and increase Perine.  Or, as we're seeing with Morgan, perhaps Perine isn't fully ready and needs more time to learn instead of being rushed in to fail.  Perine hasn't looked good this year.  Nor did Bell.  Gore looks very good.  If Gase were coaching to keep his job he'd be starting all the rookies.  He's not.  That should tell you something.

56 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

2. You need to develop players: Sam, Herndon, ... the list is too long - these guys are not only not getting better, but they are getting considerably worse.

Sam Darnold's problems are Sam Darnold's.  If you want to blame someone, blame Jordan Palmer as Sam spent 4 months with the guy in quarantine, no booze, no broads, just football.  And Sam still sucks.  He wouldn't be the first quarterback to look promising in his first year and then look like ass when opponents have film to watch.

57 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

3. You need to adapt your style to fit the players, not the other way around.

That's exactly what Gase is doing.  The roster is the worst in the NFL.  So he's running a simplified offense tailored to their very limited skillset.  Now that he's got his full set of WR's back and Flacco has had two weeks of preparation perhaps we'll see something more dynamic on Sunday.

58 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yep we are in a true re-build, but in my mind, the HC isn't part of it; or more like it, we should be upgrading the coaching staff along with the talent.

The Jets coaching staff is full of proven veterans with decades of experience.  They've won in Denver, New Orleans, Miami, and many other places.  The team is bad because the roster was mismanaged for the past decade.  You don't fix 10 years of Idzik and Maccagnan in 1 draft and 1 free agency period.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Gase were coaching to keep his job he'd be starting all the rookies

No, he is trying to win games to save his job. Players regressed under Gase in Miami and suddenly got better when he left. Not sure why you are so happy with this guy; he doesn't game plan, adjust at halftime, make solid game day decisions, and cannot seem to groom any players - yep he is a keeper.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets Fans On Tuesday:  "Gase sucks, we need wins!"

Jets Fans On Wednesday:  "Gase sucks, he's trying to win!"

SAR I

wrong:  Gase sucking has nothing to do with what he is "trying" to do. 

He sucks because he is incapable of coaching and leading an NFL team.  He sucks because the vast majority of players for him perform poorly while under his jurisdiction.  He sucks because his offensive scheme is antiquated and ineffective in the modern NFL.  He sucks because he alienates everyone around him on every team.  

Let's make sure we all understand the reasons why he sucks.  It has NOTHING to do with the purported tank.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, jeremy2020 said:

This place is going to be apoplectic when they announce he's coming back next season

Honestly, this is the first indication I have seen that he isn't coming back and he knows it. There is no way Gore is coming back next season. After this he almost certainly will retire.  I know this is assuming a bit but Gase must also know this, so if he was going to be here, he would want to know if we need to draft another RB. Gase is trying to audition for his next job by trying to play what he feels are the most productive players. It certainly makes no difference here on this team. 

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He sucks because he is incapable of coaching and leading an NFL team.

Evidence to the contrary.  Lots of it.  He was asked to lead a team was neglected for a decade and has been leading the league in injuries in the season-and-a-half he's been here.  A decimated, terrible Maccagnan roster.  And there is no implosion.  There is no locker room dissention.  Just a bunch of players giving their all and losing because they aren't good, not because they aren't trying, not because they aren't positioned properly.

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He sucks because the vast majority of players for him perform poorly while under his jurisdiction.

No, he loses because the Dolphins and Jets are two of the historically inept franchises in all of sports.  Players play games, not coaches.  The players are playing poorly because they are bad players.  We had a 5 week stretch where every single one of our starting WR's wouldn't have even made another team's roster.  And we have a quarterback who is a bust.  And a defensive coordinator who forgot how to coach tackling until last week.

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He sucks because his offensive scheme is antiquated and ineffective in the modern NFL. 

With the worst roster in the NFL cut at the knees by injuries at key positions, what do you expect?  He should be running Bill Walsh Air Coryell Run And Shoot with Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith?  Bell's departure improved our ground game.  Darnold's injuries improved our passing game.  We have bad offensive players, this isn't a surprise to anyone that we run a basic offense because it's all they are capable of handling.

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He sucks because he alienates everyone around him on every team.  

The Jets finished 6-2 last season.  This year's fire-sale Jets would have beaten Denver and New England if our defensive coordinator knew how to close games.  If Sam Darnold didn't bust or at least remained healthy we'd have the 4-5 wins most thought we would have back in August.

The coaches on this team aren't elite but they aren't the problem.  The players are.  Be mad, certainly, we all should be.  But the person to blame is long gone.  Mike Maccagnan.  He's your man.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, this is the first indication I have seen that he isn't coming back and he knows it. There is no way Gore is coming back next season. After this he almost certainly will retire.  I know this is assuming a bit but Gase must also know this, so if he was going to be here, he would want to know if we need to draft another RB. Gase is trying to audition for his next job by trying to play what he feels are the most productive players. It certainly makes no difference here on this team. 

What exactly makes you think that the GM, HC, and coaching staff are not seeing enough in practice to know that the likes of Perine and Morgan aren't ready yet?  If the guy is making mistakes, not remembering assignments, hesitating at the line, showing bad ball control, why give him a lot of carries?  You don't want to ruin the guy.  And RB's have a shelf life, just so many hits they can take.

It is clear that the Jets are tanking but they are also trying to win.  If every player on the O knows that Perine isn't ready yet and that  Gore is the best player of them all and the guy is a consummate leader and the guy is the example that Douglas wants them all to follow, well, there you go.  He should start and get the bulk of the carries.

The only thing starting Gore over Perine illustrates is that Gore is the better player and has earned what Perine has not.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Evidence to the contrary.  Lots of it.  He was asked to lead a team was neglected for a decade and has been leading the league in injuries in the season-and-a-half he's been here.  A decimated, terrible Maccagnan roster.  And there is no implosion.  There is no locker room dissention.  Just a bunch of players giving their all and losing because they aren't good, not because they aren't trying, not because they aren't positioned properly.

No, he loses because the Dolphins and Jets are two of the historically inept franchises in all of sports.  Players play games, not coaches.  The players are playing poorly because they are bad players.  We had a 5 week stretch where every single one of our starting WR's wouldn't have even made another team's roster.  And we have a quarterback who is a bust.  And a defensive coordinator who forgot how to coach tackling until last week.

With the worst roster in the NFL cut at the knees by injuries at key positions, what do you expect?  He should be running Bill Walsh Air Coryell Run And Shoot with Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith?  Bell's departure improved our ground game.  Darnold's injuries improved our passing game.  We have bad offensive players, this isn't a surprise to anyone that we run a basic offense because it's all they are capable of handling.

The Jets finished 6-2 last season.  This year's fire-sale Jets would have beaten Denver and New England if our defensive coordinator knew how to close games.  If Sam Darnold didn't bust or at least remained healthy we'd have the 4-5 wins most thought we would have back in August.

The coaches on this team aren't elite but they aren't the problem.  The players are.  Be mad, certainly, we all should be.  But the person to blame is long gone.  Mike Maccagnan.  He's your man.

SAR I

The creed of the Bizarro World of SORE I.

51D5136A-AD7F-44BC-B3E8-D5316CAE843E.jpeg