MNF Bills-Patriots ***Official Game Thread***

joewilly12

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks on the album choice, thought  Brain Salad Surgery not only is a great album but perfectly described some posts on the board, lol.  

Saw Carl Palmer about a year ago and he did an interesting take on the ELP years, performing as a 3 piece power rock group.  He made a touching speech over the loss of his friends Keith Emerson and Greg Lake.  Sadly we're getting older and the great of the past, the pioneers are dropping and its only going to get worse.  

I wiah I could get more into prog.  I studied music in college and worked for a while in it.  One of my close friends is a huge--well he worships Robert Fripp & the late Bill Burford.  Has a bootleg of just about every King Crimson concert of the last 25 years.  And while I humor him, 8-12 minute pieces with exotic scales in multiple tempos with various harmonic changes... it's just not my thing.   I'll listen for a few weeks then go back to the Stones.

Closest I get to prog is Todd Rundgren"# stuff with Utopia... but that's more new wave prog .  If there is such a thing.  But stuff like "The Ikon" is up there with anything Pink Floyd or Rush did.  And while I don't think prog will die.  (There are too many indie rock artists who occasionally play it.  Like Trey Anastasio from Phish.)  The landscape of the prog music field is changing rapidly.

7 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

This is the smartest way to scout  a QB, but a big arm is so much fun to watch and Probably more times then not such a disappointment, then again I’m a jet/met fan so disappointment is 2nd nature 

Exactly.  A strong arm is much more tangible, so its easy to fall in love with a prospect on that basis.  Remember all the "JaMarcus Russell can throw 80 yards from his knees" stuff scouts and front offices salivated over?

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Tip of the iceberg stuff imo.  The pats cheating is like a drunk driver.  the guy gets caught 4 or 5 times but you know for sure that for every time he was caught he drove drunk 10 times.

Missing play books, worries of locker room bugging, coaches head sets going out.  Those bastards cheated a lot more than has come out.

The 30 for 30 about all of the cheating we don't know about will be fascinating when it comes out in 2035.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Tip of the iceberg stuff imo.  The pats cheating is like a drunk driver.  the guy gets caught 4 or 5 times but you know for sure that for every time he was caught he drove drunk 10 times.

Missing play books, worries of locker room bugging, coaches head sets going out.  Those bastards cheated a lot more than has come out.

Exactly. Even the times they were caught, they were able to spin it into much less egregious violations than they actually were. Part of that is also on the crooked roger goodell, but that’s a different story for a different day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I wiah I could get more into prog.  I studied music in college and worked for a while in it.  One of my close friends is a huge--well he worships Robert Fripp & the late Bill Burford.  Has a bootleg of just about every King Crimson concert of the last 25 years.  And while I humor him, 8-12 minute pieces with exotic scales in multiple tempos with various harmonic changes... it's just not my thing.   I'll listen for a few weeks then go back to the Stones.

Closest I get to prog is Todd Rundgren"# stuff with Utopia... but that's more new wave prog .  If there is such a thing.  But stuff like "The Ikon" is up there with anything Pink Floyd or Rush did.  And while I don't think prog will die.  (There are too many indie rock artists who occasionally play it.  Like Trey Anastasio from Phish.)  The landscape of the prog music field is changing rapidly.

Hey, found a friend, lol.  I grew up around musicians and music, always wish my parents forced me to play.  I have a close friend who also loves Crimson, I'm sitting on tickets down in Florida for a Crimson show thats postponed until this coming summer.  My friend became close friends with John McGlaughlin, so I've met and socialized with him and more than a few bandmates from Jaco to Shankar.  Then a girl I know, a close friend of my little sister, her aunt is the ex supermodel Patty Hansen who married Kieth Richards and still is married to him.  Ive hung out with Keith a lot, which still is very surreal without having ever been a huge Stones fan.  I consider myself lucky, I grew up with a father who loved and exposed me to music, good music.  I grew up listening to Miles, to Herbie, to Oscar Peterson, Monk etc along with Nat King Cole right on through buying me my first Hendrix album.  So I have a very wide ranging appreciation of all things music, love nothing more than cranking up the Krell amp and listening to all those that I was raised on and discovering new stuff like my nephews favorite, Phish

• Upvote 1