New York Rangers 2021

BROOKLYN JET

Drury on Brennan Othmann: “We’re excited he was there. Our scouts describe him as a Swiss Army knife kind of player - can play both wings, can play up and down the lineup, knows how to play a 200-foot game. We’re excited to bring him into the mix.”

Jayden Grubbe: "I've never been to a big city like New York. It'll be a new experience for me, but it's super exciting for me to see what's to come."

I remember 1994 I was 9 years old and got to watch Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Adam Graves, Alex Kovalev, Sergei Zubov Mike Richter and Madison Square Garden celebrate; and it was NYC awesome.

I was jealous watching Zach Wilson and our Jets attending Islanders Playoff games and it'll be pretty cool if it's the Rangers getting that type of love next year ? ??

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:
Six Foot Eight Inches?! Are you kidding me?
Similar to that TB goalie

tZ7JcAgS_x96.jpg

6-foot-8. 201. #NYR select goalie Talyn Boyko at No. 112.

I know Andrei Vasilevskiy their starting goalie is only 6'3 (just looked him up) but I'm not finding no 6'8 goalie on their roster?

I know nothing about Hockey prospects. How good is this kid?

And is 6'8 even natural for a goalie and has any goalie ever been great @ 6'8?

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

When Detroit selected Sebastian Cossa (6’6”) at 15 they mentioned he was similar in height as Vasilevskiy…. so I just assumed he was aroung 6’6” as well.

Big goalies seem to be the new fad.

I know Andrei Vasilevskiy their starting goalie is only 6'3 (just looked him up) but I'm not finding no 6'8 goalie on their roster?

W

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Long limbs might help, but Richter and VB were smaller and quick. We won’t be seeing him anytime soon with Shesterkin being our #1

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good chance Rangers make the playoffs this upcoming season?

Tough division with Isles, Flyers, Caps, Penguins. I sure hope so but we’ll have our work cut out for us. We need the top line to stay healthy and the young guys to step up on the 2nd & 3rd lines. Miller, Lafrenier, Kappo and Kratsov.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Tough division with Isles, Flyers, Caps, Penguins. I sure hope so but we’ll have our work cut out for us. We need the top line to stay healthy and the young guys to step up on the 2nd & 3rd lines. Miller, Lafrenier, Kappo and Kratsov.

The Islanders made me more of a hockey fan just seeing Jets in attendance was pretty cool man. I might try to follow this season as a casual fan my #1 problem so far is not knowing how to spell or pronounce 99.9% of these players name without the help of both Wiki and Google translations.

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I remember 1994 I was 9 years old and got to watch Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Adam Graves, Alex Kovalev, Sergei Zubov Mike Richter and Madison Square Garden celebrate; and it was NYC awesome.

I was jealous watching Zach Wilson and our Jets attending Islanders Playoff games and it'll be pretty cool if it's the Rangers getting that type of love next year ? ??

Aren’t you the guy that just called hockey a water sport in the knicks thread? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Aren’t you the guy that just called hockey a water sport in the knicks thread? 

I was just clowning around man I just so happen to like basketball more then hockey (as do 90% of Americans) but I fully understand why the one's who love hockey love it because it's an exciting sport and the intensity is crazy come playoffs (when they skate faster and hit harder).

PS: Piss off for reading the NYK thread, ignoring it and not posting within it even after I tagged you as one of my favorite JN Knicks fans fk off for that ??? I kid man I kid).

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was just clowning around man I just so happen to like basketball more then hockey (as do 90% of Americans) but I fully understand why the one's who love hockey love it because it's an exciting sport and the intensity is crazy come playoffs (when they skate faster and hit harder).

PS: Piss off for reading the NYK thread, ignoring it and not posting within it even after I tagged you as one of my favorite JN Knicks fans fk off for that ??? I kid man I kid).

I’ll post in there lol. I just don’t have much to say about draft prospects. 

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How good is this kid?

This kid is 19 years old…. Has he even stopped growing yet? It also mean “in skates” he’s over 7’ tall.

They don’t have basketball in Canada? 
Mehgan James I Dont Know GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Question for @BROOKLYN JET

Which of these picks are we likely to see first and when?

It would be nice to see Othmann make the team, especially since they took him over 5 decent centers. It may end up being Grubbe though, since he is a center and we are loaded at LW.

I hope they make the team this year, but in all likelihood it may not be till next season.

Outside chance for Ryder, again because he is a center.

• Upvote 1

The thing about hockey is that while super-premium talent is well scouted prior to the draft there are still a bunch of all stars each years who were never drafted at all.  That tells me that any of these lower down picks could turn into something really good.

<edited to add>

Look no further than Artemi Panarin and Barclay Goodrow for examples of undrafted all star talent on this current team alone.  And, for those with longer memories, Dan Giradi

Crazy list right here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undrafted_NHL_players_with_100_games_played

• Upvote 2

On 7/24/2021 at 12:36 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

OFFICIAL: #NYR have bought out the contract of defenseman Tony DeAngelo.

Good riddance but was there any information about what he actually did?  Other than being a d1ck that is.  I assume it needed to be more than that.

58 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Good riddance but was there any information about what he actually did?  Other than being a d1ck that is.  I assume it needed to be more than that.

Not sure, it sounded like there was an altercation with Georgie, but nothing ever came out on that.

11 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

What do you guys think about the buch trade?

Been reading nothing but complaining on some Ranger boards 

Difficult to get a read on what we got back and it depends on which Buch is the real Buch.

He does not play to his size although he was better/dramatically better last year.  With that said he is going to expect to get paid like a premium player and I am not sure we want to sink all that money into a player who may be on the soft side and who has only been dominating for one year.

Classic conundrum.  Pay him and you may end up with another Kreider or don't pay him and end up like CBJ after Panarin left.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:42 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I FCKN HATE the Islanders