The Plan 2.0

19 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

You're talking about the corp that Darnold had or the one that I put up here?

What other options would you suggest? Maybe trade a second for Golladay?

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

After they tag him?  He is a FA now.  I'm not trading a 2nd for anybody on the tag, when we can't do a long-term deal.

13 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

What? 

Kenny Golladay is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent.  Why/how would you trade a 2nd for a free agent?  There is a good chance the Lions tag him, but there are difficulties with making deals with players on the tag.  If you don't get a deal done by July 15th, you are tagging him again or he will be a free agent.

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Actually I used the trade that got Lamar Jackson in Baltimore as a base. The Ravens gave up two second-round picks, one in 2018, the other in 2019. The two teams also swapped places in the fourth round, with the Eagles going from 132 to 125. In this case I got a 2nd and a 3rd on the same draft wich kinda equals the value of the trade. 

You dropped 17 places out of the first and into the second round to pick up a 3rd round pick. I just dont think it's a good trade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

LOL yes that kinda of thinking was what got us here on the first place when we passed up on DW and Mahomes and many others

drive thru promo GIF by Renault Brasil

Mac was the one who pushed all in on Sam Darnold 

If Mac drafted offensive lineman like Quenton Nelson instead, he might still be here 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Kenny Golladay is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent.  Why/how would you trade a 2nd for a free agent?  There is a good chance the Lions tag him, but there are difficulties with making deals with players on the tag.  If you don't get a deal done by July 15th, you are tagging him again or he will be a free agent.

If the Lions do tag Golladay with the non-exclusive tag, the Jets would have the opportunity to meet with him to negotiate a long-term contract.  If they feel comfortable with him, rather than giving him an offer sheet, they could approach the Lions with a trade deal.  At that point it would be up to the Lions to hold on to Golladay at the current tag (expected to be around 1 year/$14.2M) or trade him for whatever the Jets offer.  Once the trade concludes, the Jets could then have Golladay sign the long-term deal.  But I wouldn't think the Jets would attempt a trade without already having an agreed upon deal with Golladay.

As a side note: I do not believe Golladay is worth the $14M/year or giving up a high draft pick.  

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

If the Lions do tag Golladay with the non-exclusive tag, the Jets would have the opportunity to meet with him to negotiate a long-term contract.  If they feel comfortable with him, rather than giving him an offer sheet, they could approach the Lions with a trade deal.  At that point it would be up to the Lions to hold on to Golladay at the current tag (expected to be around 1 year/$14.2M) or trade him for whatever the Jets offer.  Once the trade concludes, the Jets could then have Golladay sign the long-term deal.  But I wouldn't think the Jets would attempt a trade without already having an agreed upon deal with Golladay.

As a side note: I do not believe Golladay is worth the $14M/year or giving up a high draft pick.  

Pretty convoluted, no?  How many times has the transition tag been used in the past decade?  If the Lions match we are out.  IF they don't we don't have to give up anything.  At that point, why are we discussing giving up a 2nd?  I would take Golladay at $14M all day.  $14M a 2nd, I don't think so.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pretty convoluted, no?  How many times has the transition tag been used in the past decade?  If the Lions match we are out.  IF they don't we don't have to give up anything.  At that point, why are we discussing giving up a 2nd?  I would take Golladay at $14M all day.  $14M a 2nd, I don't think so.  

Not the transition tag, the non-exclusive tag which is the most common of the three tags (exclusive, non-exclusive, transition).  This is the same strategy that most teams use to trade after tagging.  The team that is tagging is hoping to get something better than a 3rd round comp but is also not expecting the 2 1st round picks that are required if a player is signed to an offer sheet that they don't match.

39 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Not the transition tag, the non-exclusive tag which is the most common of the three tags (exclusive, non-exclusive, transition).  This is the same strategy that most teams use to trade after tagging.  The team that is tagging is hoping to get something better than a 3rd round comp but is also not expecting the 2 1st round picks that are required if a player is signed to an offer sheet that they don't match.

Fair enough.  I think the WR transition number will be over $14M.  I think the franchise figure is expected to be north of $16M.