Keep Sam, Draft Wilson...

TnT

18 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

What makes you think they’ll trade him for sure? 

I didn’t say they would but...in today’s NFL it’s rare they have a situation like KC had with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes, and even there Smith was a veteran and Darnold still 23 years old. 

26 minutes ago, TnT said:

A competent  front office and coaching staff can put the quash on any attempted circus narrative in the media....thats where it’s created and where it’s fueled.

Not a SD loyalist, I do feel that he is better than last years performance(s)...and there’s internal value in having an initial 1a, 1b. 
So they F’d up...you’re ok with riding that fkup til the wheels fall off or finding the best solution from there? 

Without a team desperate because of injury, whats the get for Darnold right now? 

I'm about trading him and starting fresh with a new CS and new quarterback.   I will take a 3rd for Sam at this point especially if it is a early third.  

5 hours ago, TnT said:

Haven’t really read much of people suggesting this...it’s usually one or the other.

I have read here...on many occasions in the past...draft a QB every year until you have one.

At this point, SD is only going to garner MAYBE IF WE’RE LUCKY a mid-late 2nd rounder...if JoeD can’t get us going without that 2nd...as many picks as we currently have, don’t want HIM here.

Dont care about the cap...we’re not going to use it all...not my money anyway.

Whichever one outshines the other, starts...don’t care about feelings, don’t care about media, don’t care about anything but enjoying my FCKN Sundays again,..cause I’m at the end of my rope with this money machine of a franchise.

And that goes for the Knicks too.

I mean the reason the Knicks have sucked is that we sign mediocre players to max contracts. Dont think you want to do that here.

55 minutes ago, TnT said:

But it’s a stupid idea according to the 10+ successful GM’s on this forum.

I don't think it's a stupid idea in general, but it works better if you have an established veteran instead of a QB on the final year of his rookie deal who you are moving on from. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree with everything if you remove the word “easily.” But, none of them have shown a likelihood yet to become starters.

I thought Davis improved towards the end of the season and I think he has considerable upside. I like him and think he has a good shot at becoming a starter for us down the road. But fair enough. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Mahomes sat for a year and it worked out fine. Brees v Rivers worked out fine. If we don’t get a top 50 pick, I’m on board with this. Nothing to lose and any player that can’t deal with competition,  ain’t worth it anyway

Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith. he won 54 games in 5 years....

Rivers sat behind Brees who won 20 games in 2years. 54 TDs in those 2 years. thats 9 more than Sam has in 3.

who you going to mention next. how 6th rd pick Tom Brady sat behind Bledsoe. or my all time favorite, how Rodgers sat behind HOF Brett Favre.

you dont sit a rookie over a 9 TD guy.

and what happened to developing your QB? thats a good way to do it having him in a competition from day 1?

26 minutes ago, TnT said:

But it’s a stupid idea according to the 10+ successful GM’s on this forum.

Buffalo. releases Tyrod Taylor their last year starter when drafting Allen....brings in nobodys to back up Allen...

Winner!!!!

Cleveland. Taylor goes there knowing that hes a backup to Mayfield...

Winner!!!

Cincinnati. releases Andy Daulton when drafting Burrow...

Winner!!!

Arizona. keeps Rosen ONE YEAR and gets rid of him . doesnt keep him to compete with Murray.

Winner!!

Houston. Brock Osweiler sign a 4 yr contract at 72 mil in 2016. after one year is traded a month before they draft Watson.

Winner!!

so dont believe us. look at the league. the most successful QBs had no competition in there 1st year. GMs made sure that the starter from the year before was gone.

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't think it's a stupid idea in general, but it works better if you have an established veteran instead of a QB on the final year of his rookie deal who you are moving on from. 

exactly. thats what they dont understand. you bring in a vet who knows this is Wilsons team and he will start someday. maybe game 3, or 6. we need to see what we got.

its stupid with Sam cause if he plays well half this fan base will want him to stay. then the controversy begins.

bring in anybody you want, just not the 23 yr old starting QB from last 3 years.

but its not that with these people. they dont want to let Sam go for a 3, 4 or lesser draft pick.

its like they think they can spite the league. we keep Sam, he looks good. we franchise tag him, then trade him for a 1. that will teach the NFL for not giving us a 2 for him....

LMFAO.

• Sympathy 1

So.......what if?

The worst starter in the league beats out your 2nd overall pick? It's the likely outcome and short lived but will embarrass the GM, coaching staff and team....again.

It will play itself out and the rook will eventually take the job but why put this new staff in the proverbial "butt-fumble" unnecessarily?

Aren't Jet fans tired of being the butt of jokes all the time?

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I thought Davis improved towards the end of the season and I think he has considerable upside. I like him and think he has a good shot at becoming a starter for us down the road. But fair enough. 

Let’s hope so. After trading Jamal Adams and having Maye on a franchise tag, the last thing fans want to see is the Jets needing to use an early draft pick on safety again next year.