Sam vs joe

kmnj

Lots of fans could not wait for the jets to get rid of Sam after 3 years but are preaching patience for Joe who is in his 3 rd year of his contract so by seasons end will have as much as Sam as a jet - 3 full seasons 

the joe apologists say you can’t blame joe he had a terrible coach and I had a terrible roster with lack of weapons and he needs a few more years - Sam also had that terrible coach and those same terrible players around him( joe actually made the roster around Sam worse )

Why the double standard? I would argue the gm and his roster impacts the team more than just one guy 

I would have love to have seen the jets keep Sam one more year with an actual coach and weapons - I wish Joe traded the pick for a haul of picks 

Sam could have maybe ended up with Sewell and a top rb or wr as well  and with a real coach could that they now have could win ten plus games 

Sam won 7 with a trash coach and a trash roster

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

Because the roster was essentially set for two seasons before Joe Douglas took the job. The disastrous 2019 free agent spending spree and five McCagnan draft classes compounded by the owners decision to hire Adam Gase is what got the Jets a 2-14 season. 

Lots of fans could not wait for the jets to get rid of Sam after 3 years but are preaching patience for Joe who is in his 3 rd year of his contract so by seasons end will have as much as Sam as a jet - 3 full seasons 
the joe apologists say you can’t blame joe he had a terrible coach and I had a terrible roster with lack of weapons and he needs a few more years - Sam also had that terrible coach and those same terrible players around him( joe actually made the roster around Sam worse )
Why the double standard? I would argue the gm and his roster impacts the team more than just one guy 
I would have love to have seen the jets keep Sam one more year with an actual coach and weapons - I wish Joe traded the pick for a haul of picks 
Sam could have maybe ended up with Sewell and a top rb or wr as well  and with a real coach could that they now have could win ten plus games 

He won’t have 3 full seasons. The 2019 roster was set by Maccagan. Douglas was hired after free agency/draft.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

30 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I agree that Joe Douglas should have acquired more weapons on the offensive side to evaluate Sam, it's a shame he didn't think the same. But i don't think it's fair to judge Douglas overall actions based on that, considering that the football team looks seems to be in a position to prosper in the future and his actions should be evaluated after this draft class. 

It would be a big disappointment if all of this moves didn't result in a relatively successful season.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, kmnj said:

...but are preaching patience for Joe who is in his 3 rd year of his contract so by seasons end will have as much as Sam as a jet - 3 full seasons 

He's had one draft. Holy ****. 

I don't think there is a double standard.

JD needs to put a competitive team on the field in 2021.

If we go another 3-4 win season, that's unacceptable.  No excuses.

The NFL doesn't give you 5 years to rebuild.  Rebuilds in this league take one year.  Maybe two.

JD is on the clock IMO.  Produce a competitive team.

12 hours ago, kmnj said:

Sam had interception problems in college and interception problems in the pros.  He was ranked at the bottom for starting QB's.  I dont trust him with the game on the line.