Zach Wilson Earns Rave Reviews During OTA’s; NY Jets Podcast

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Theory is player to player is different than player to coach.  

Different, yes.  Actually makes a tangible impact on a young QBs play?  Highly debatable.

Matt friggin Barkley or Nick friggin Mullens aren’t worth a roster spot as an added coach for Wilson.  Only reason you sign one of those is if Morgan and White both prove to be inept.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Different, yes.  Actually makes a tangible impact on a young QBs play?  Highly debatable.

Matt friggin Barkley or Nick friggin Mullens aren’t worth a roster spot as an added coach for Wilson.  Only reason you sign one of those is if Morgan and White both prove to be inept.

Well for all the fans who say it doesnt help, does it hurt?  So why do we care and argue it.  Also I look at the history of the sport and its been done forever.  Im not one to believe team have paid coaches and then tripled down by paying a vet a hell of a lot more if they didnt believe it was beneficial.  I also love the idea that a mediocre QB cant teach the things they want taught, but a coach who never even got to be a mediocre NFL QB is a better option.  Morgan and White with little NFL exp might not be able to teach the things they want taught, has nothing to do with being able to take the field if needed 

QBs like Elway, Mannings, Montana, Marino all swear by the help they received in how to be a QB.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If a horse needs an older horse to show him where to stick it, he doesn’t belong on the stud farm.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Great post as usual. Tua and Fitz currently play on different teams. 

Yeah, not like Fitz did much to help Tua.  In fact, one of the reasons I dislike Fitz was the whole Geno debacle, how Fitz threw a fit when he was benched (after quite possibly the worst QB I've ever seen, seriously, he had a legitimate chance at like 10 interceptions).  

I believe the OC and QB coach should be able to convey the concepts, rather than some veteran trying to fight for a job.  I like to see teams roster upside guys at the back up QB position because we aren't going anywhere with Foles or Mullens.  In fact, I want to take a shot on Jamie Newman now that he was released.