Suggestion...Cut..Shocker!!!

The Fat Man

Cut the following players after June 1st.

David Barrett

Laveraneous Coles

Save bigtime dollars.

Just becuase the salary cap is $102 million doesn't mean you spend it all.

Why not cut the entire roster and pocket the $102 mil ?

Yeah baby...we'll be the envy of the league.

Salaries, mallories! We'll get our guys from tailgate parties in the parking lot!Show up reasonably sober, don't puke on your shoes and away you go to Coach Mangini at the player's entrance for a looksee. Chad's right-it will be a privilege to wear the green and white to those who are so lucky.

They really ought to at least restructure Coles. But I don't see why they need to cut him. Woody's got plenty of money -- it's the cap figures that matter, not the actual money spent.

They did already

...and take a dead-cap hit of $8.25M for Coles & $2.25M hit for Barrett in 2007. We'll just add that to the $2M that Chrebet will eat up in '07 after his June 2nd retirement. SAVING money? You will never be my accountant, Fat Man.

That's a GREAT idea. Especially if Chad hits a few mil in unexpected incentives reached & counts $10M himself (if we keep him; otherwise it's even more). So for $22.5M in cap space we will have one Chad Pennington to show for it. We won't have a #1 OR a #2 WR for Chad or whoever is our '07 QB.

We should fire Tannenbaum & hire The Fat Man.

Look - I'm all for trimming the fat this year & drafting young players to take their rookie lumps in a rebuilding 2006 so we can gear-up for 2007 & beyond. But Coles is ready right now. You know how hard it is to draft WR now who can step it up to Coles' level by 2007-2008? You must think this draft has a boatload of Randy Mosses in it, scattered throughout the first 5 rounds. Even a first-rounder & future HOF'er like Marvin Harrison didn't do much until his 4th season.

1) Coles is here to stay for just about the life of his contract.

2) Barrett I'd give one year under Mangini before letting loose. Do not assume that any player reached his peak performance while Edwards was the HC - particularly in the secondary. If he sucks he'll be cut next year when the hit is more palatable.

There is absolutely zero reason to cut either of them.

Imagine how great our receiving corp of McCareins, Cotchery, and Jolley would be! That strikes fear into the hearts of opponents.

If the Jets front office listened to FatMan, we would go 0-16 every year. At least if Peter North ran the show, we'd go 1-15.

Look - I'm all for trimming the fat this year & drafting young players to take their rookie lumps in a rebuilding 2006 so we can gear-up for 2007 & beyond. But Coles is ready right now. You know how hard it is to draft WR now who can step it up to Coles' level by 2007-2008? You must think this draft has a boatload of Randy Mosses in it, scattered throughout the first 5 rounds. Even a first-rounder & future HOF'er like Marvin Harrison didn't do much until his 4th season.

1) Coles is here to stay for just about the life of his contract.

2) Barrett I'd give one year under Mangini before letting loose. Do not assume that any player reached his peak performance while Edwards was the HC - particularly in the secondary. If he sucks he'll be cut next year when the hit is more palatable.

very good post, and i agree with barrett, along with hobson and strait...i want to see what mangini can do with them before making a final judgement call.

Archived