Sources: NFL prefers Apple for Sunday Ticket; package could include 1 Team purchase

Ken Schroy

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People go to where they're going to get the programming they want.  Apple+ has a lot of good content, that they produce.

If they get Sunday Ticket no football fan is going to turn their back because they have an Android phone.  

Most people dont have DirecTv, yet they had no problem signing up for their shltty service, get gouged and hang an ugly satellite dish somewhere on their house, having to deal with lost service in the rain etc.  

I guess I'm just not seeing the correlation to the type of phone I use and signing up for a streaming service.

Ok maybe I'm not making it as clear as I thought. I'm not saying people are going to turn their back on the NFL, but there are certainly people that turn their back on Apple as a company. 

US Apple TV users total 40 Million. 

US Amazon Prime users total 160 million. 

160 million people already pay for Prime and get multiple functions out of it, they will then just have to pay extra for the NFL package. 

40 million people already pay for Apple TV (no correlation to the phone itself other than I was making fun of iPhone hipsters, that's all)

This means outside of those 40 million, everyone else is going to have to A ) Subscribe to AppleTV and then B ) Pay for the NFL. So there will be two costs for the majority of consumers if it goes to Apple TV. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

People go to where they're going to get the programming they want.  Apple+ has a lot of good content, that they produce.

If they get Sunday Ticket no football fan is going to turn their back because they have an Android phone.  

Most people dont have DirecTv, yet they had no problem signing up for their shltty service, get gouged and hang an ugly satellite dish somewhere on their house, having to deal with lost service in the rain etc.  

I guess I'm just not seeing the correlation to the type of phone I use and signing up for a streaming service.

Nah.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Ok maybe I'm not making it as clear as I thought. I'm not saying people are going to turn their back on the NFL, but there are certainly people that turn their back on Apple as a company. 

160 million people already pay for Prime and get multiple functions out of it, they will then just have to pay extra for the NFL package. 

40 million people already pay for Apple TV (no correlation to the phone itself other than I was making fun of iPhone hipsters, that's all)

This means outside of those 40 million, everyone else is going to have to A ) Subscribe to AppleTV and then B ) Pay for the NFL. So there will be two costs for the majority of consumers if it goes to Apple TV. 

So screw those morons who hate companies.  Are we really thinking people like Amazon or Google or whoever more than Apple so wont subscribe?  

Amazon Prime is part of a retail GIANT.  Take away free shipping and returns and we'll see a shift in subscribers.  

Who cares, sign up for Apple+ @ all of $5 month $60 per year and you can get the NFL or sign up for Amazon Prime @ $13 a month or $120 year.  No one is going to care, theyre just going to sign up for whichever service is carrying the NFL

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So screw those morons who hate companies.  Are we really thinking people like Amazon or Google or whoever more than Apple so wont subscribe?  

Amazon Prime is part of a retail GIANT.  Take away free shipping and returns and we'll see a shift in subscribers.  

Who cares, sign up for Apple+ @ all of $5 month $60 per year and you can get the NFL or sign up for Amazon Prime @ $13 a month or $120 year.  No one is going to care, theyre just going to sign up for whichever service is carrying the NFL

Except none of what you said is remotely as simple as the picture you paint. The free shipping is never getting taken away, so its pointless to debate. 

Apple TV - $5 (no other devices, very few shows) 

Prime - $13 (multiple uses, many shows) 

Maybe you're in a higher tax bracket and dont give a sh*t, but the majority of Americans certainly want more bang for their buck or to avoid subscribing to even more crap. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Except none of what you said is remotely as simple as the picture you paint. The free shipping is never getting taken away, so its pointless to debate. 

Maybe you're in a higher tax bracket and dont give a sh*t, but the majority of Americans certainly want more bang for their buck or to avoid subscribing to even more crap. 

Youre comparing apples to oranges when you give total subscribers.  Amazon is a retail operation first and foremost, Apple+ is simply a streaming service.  You just wont admit is totally the main differentiator here.  

Yeah, I'm lucky I can afford both but neither is going to stop someone from paying the fee to get NFL football. How about if you dont need Amazon shopping?  Then does tax brackets come into play?  If you cant afford $60 a year, how much shopping are you doing that you need Amazon?

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Therefore Apple may pay more to increase their subscribers - but either way, it will come down to who give the NFL the most money - not which company is popular - Goodel on sees dollar signs.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre comparing apples to oranges when you give total subscribers.  Amazon is a retail operation first and foremost, Apple+ is simply a streaming service.  You just wont admit is totally the main differentiator here

That's irrelevant to the cost effective argument of what the average consumer is getting for their money. 

There are no two ways around it, you get more for an Amazon Prime membership than you would Apple TV. You get streaming, plus more, and that streaming service has 10x better programming already/scheduled for the future than Apple TV and way more sports already. 

36 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's irrelevant to the cost effective argument of what the average consumer is getting for their money. 

There are no two ways around it, you get more for an Amazon Prime membership than you would Apple TV. You get streaming, plus more, and that streaming service has 10x better programming already/scheduled for the future than Apple TV and way more sports already. 

Is this really that hard?  If you dont need Amazons retail services theres not an advantage to spending twice the yearly rate to have Prime.  You brought up the money and now its not a problem?  Which is it?

You get more from Amazon, no shlt, but you have to need it.  If you dont you arent getting more, your spending more.  

The streaming service isnt 10Xs better.  There are a lot of really well thought of shows on Apple.  

In less than two years since its global launch on November 1, 2019, Apple has been honored with 143 award wins and 517 nominations.

To each their own but has nothing to do with the simple fact, no matter how many different ways to try to get around it but if its Prime, football, fans will sign up to get ST.  I have Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Prime and dont want to pay for another service but If its Apple that wins out, I will like all football fans sign up for Apple+ to get my out of town football here in Florida.   

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Therefore Apple may pay more to increase their subscribers - but either way, it will come down to who give the NFL the most money - not which company is popular - Goodel on sees dollar signs.

Yes it has nothing to do with anything.  Bottom line is bottom line.  If Apple offers more $$ they get it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I have both appletv and prime. Tbh the shows on Apple are better.  Big fan of For All Mankind and Tehran

22 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This would be an ABSOLUTE home run with me!

God willing they do this.  I'm already an Apple user and I pay for Sunday Ticket primarily to just watch the Jets.  The other games are a bonus.

Cut the price in half, give me a one team choice as an out-of-towner.  I'd love that.

And red zone channel. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

Nobody is ever going to say Apple TV is better than amazon prime.