Matt Schaub Fans

The Troll

Have you ever taken a look at his stats?

66-134, 825 yards, 5 TDs, 4 INTs, 49.3% completion percentage.

Second round pick for a guy that has honestly not proved a damn thing except that he's lights out in the preseason? Throw in the fact that he hasn't even completed HALF of his passes in the regular season? NO ****IN' WAY!

Second round pick for a guy that has honestly not proved a damn thing except that he's lights out in the preseason? Throw in the fact that he hasn't even completed HALF of his passes in the regular season? NO ****IN' WAY!

Yea, the Jets should draft Young or Cutler (with a $15-$20 mil signing bonus) rather then give up a 2nd round pick for a QB that has 2 years NFL experience.

Great call as usual Troll.

Yea, the Jets should draft Young or Cutler (with a $15-$20 mil signing bonus) rather then give up a 2nd round pick for a QB that has 2 years NFL experience.

Look,we all know the answer to the Jets QB woes is Brady Quinn.

that is such a bull**** stat, what did peyton manning do in his rookie year?

matt schaub's stats AFTER his rookie season:

33-64, 495 yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints, 51.6 completion

Did I mention Cutler or Young? I have made it very well known that I want D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

You are going to honestly sit there and tell me it's a great idea to trade a borderline 1st rounder for a guy that has completed less than half of his NFL passes? You are much smarter than that, old man.

that is such a bull**** stat, what did peyton manning do in his rookie year?

matt schaub's stats AFTER his rookie season:

33-64, 495 yards, 4 TDs, 0 ints, 51.6 completion

Patrick Ramsey completed 51.5% of his passes as a rookie. He completed 53.1% in his second year, and 62.3% in year three. He can be had for a sixth rounder. Why the hell should we give up a VERY high second rounder for a guy that has done less than AJ Feeley had done with Philly?

BTW, as a rookie, Peyton completed 57% of his passes and threw 26 touchdowns. Interceptions were his early problem, not getting the ball near the intended target.

Patrick Ramsey completed 51.5% of his passes as a rookie. He completed 53.1% in his second year, and 62.3% in year three. He can be had for a sixth rounder. Why the hell should we give up a VERY high second rounder for a guy that has done less than AJ Feeley had done with Philly?

BTW, as a rookie, Peyton completed 57% of his passes and threw 26 touchdowns. Interceptions were his early problem, not getting the ball near the intended target.

troll -

in college schaub had some kind of rediculous completion %, somewhere around 70%. i also don't think accuracy is an issue. the dude is 6-5 240 and one of the most accomplished passers in ACC history. he probably had a better career than cutler and comes significantly cheaper. he also hasn't failed at the pro level.

Did I mention Cutler or Young? I have made it very well known that I want D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

You are going to honestly sit there and tell me it's a great idea to trade a borderline 1st rounder for a guy that has completed less than half of his NFL passes? You are much smarter than that, old man.

Then what was the purpose of your thread?

I've said all along the D'Brick should be the Jets pick at #4 if they stay there.

Schaub has started exactly 4 NFL games and has been in an NFL system for 2years.

My point, in case you missed it, is the Jets are better off giving up a 2nd for Schaub then wasting a 1st round pick on a QB.

Old man?:eek:

troll -

in college schaub had some kind of rediculous completion %, somewhere around 70%. i also don't think accuracy is an issue. the dude is 6-5 240 and one of the most accomplished passers in ACC history. he probably had a better career than cutler and comes significantly cheaper. he also hasn't failed at the pro level.

He hasn't succeeded at the pro level either. College success does not always translate into pro success, obviously. I am VERY leary of trading what is basically a first-round pick for a guy that hasn't even done more than AJ Feeley.

I like Cutler a lot, but I would prefer D'Brick + Ramsey. I think Ramsey can play in this league. He just needs to be unbrainwashed from the ass-kicking he took during the Spurrier era. In my eyes, he is the biggest low risk, high reward guy we can bring in. This franchise can't afford to gamble on hitting the jackpot with guys like Schaub. Smart drafting and free agent signings are what will lead this team back to prominence. Trading what amounts to a first round pick for a guy that has completed under half his NFL passes is just not smart.

He hasn't succeeded at the pro level either. College success does not always translate into pro success, obviously. I am VERY leary of trading what is basically a first-round pick for a guy that hasn't even done more than AJ Feeley.

I like Cutler a lot, but I would prefer D'Brick + Ramsey. I think Ramsey can play in this league. He just needs to be unbrainwashed from the ass-kicking he took during the Spurrier era. In my eyes, he is the biggest low risk, high reward guy we can bring in. This franchise can't afford to gamble on hitting the jackpot with guys like Schaub. Smart drafting and free agent signings are what will lead this team back to prominence. Trading what amounts to a first round pick for a guy that has completed under half his NFL passes is just not smart.

save this to the archives and pull it out once schaub gets a starting position, it will happen, because I think you'll be eating your words.

:box:

I've said all along the D'Brick should be the Jets pick at #4 if they stay there.

Schaub has started exactly 4 NFL games and has been in an NFL system for 2years.

My point, in case you missed it, is the Jets are better off giving up a 2nd for Schaub then wasting a 1st round pick on a QB.

The Jets are better off trading a 6th rounder to the Redskins for Ramsey. That's the point of this thread. If we draft a QB, draft one in 2007. Franchise left tackles are hard to come by. Supposed "franchise" QBs that go in the top ten of every draft are not. The draft is like hitting the lottery. With D'Brick, we are spotted about 5 numbers. With a QB, well, ask the Niners, Browns, Bengals, Lions, and Bears.

save this to the archives and pull it out once schaub gets a starting position, it will happen, because I think you'll be eating your words.

:box:

I have no problem admitting the times when I was totally full of ****.

I hope you'll do the same.

you want to pay a completely unproven college player $20M in signing bonus and trading a 2nd rd pick for schaub is too risky?

what if d'brick is bust like drob or gallery or the OT the bills just cut?

you want a low risk solution? trade the #4 and move down while adding a 2nd rd pick. select an OT later in rd 1 and pay 1/4 of the signing bonus. you can also trade abe for atl's 2 + schaub. if the jets could pull this off they would get:

schaub

late 1st rd pick (best available OT)

3 2nd rd picks

tannenabuam and mangini should be able to get 3 starters from those 3 picks and Schaub to play QB.

I have no problem admitting the times when I was totally full of ****.

I hope you'll do the same.

no doubt, but his size and his progression over the early part of his very young career tells me he will be legit. He also lit up the mighty patriots this year, how could he not be amazing.;)

you want to pay a completely unproven college player $20M in signing bonus and trading a 2nd rd pick for schaub is too risky?

what if d'brick is bust like drob or gallery or the OT the bills just cut?

you want a low risk solution? trade the #4 and move down while adding a 2nd rd pick. select an OT later in rd 1 and pay 1/4 of the signing bonus. you can also trade abe for atl's 2 + schaub. if the jets could pull this off they would get:

schaub

late 1st rd pick (best available OT)

3 2nd rd picks

tannenabuam and mangini should be able to get 3 starters from those 3 picks and Schaub to play QB.

Robert Gallery has only been playing for two years and he's been playing out of position. Wait until he settles in at his natural position before we start labeling him. With a Hall of Fame offensive lineman as his head coach, don't be surprised if he actually does live up to the hype.

There is far less risk in selecting a "franchise" offensive tackle than there is in selecting a "franchise" quarterback early on the draft. Just take a look at recent drafts. For every Jon Ogden and Walter Jones, there's a Cade McNown or Akili Smith. For every every Peyton Manning, there's a Mike Williams. Tackles are far less risky than QBs and D'Brick has displayed enough freakish talent to merit the risk.

BTW, remember how great Parcells' trade down in '97 worked out?

I guess I'm the party pooper since I don't like either Brady Quinn, Matt Schaub, Jon Kitna, Matt Leinart or Vince Young. Cutler I can live with and like somewhat but I'm a Brodie Croyle and Patrick Ramsey guy myself.

LOL. I think the point of the thread was not trading our low 2nd rounder for Schaub simply cause he joined a bunch of other mediocre QB's in torching the 2005 PATS secondary.

It's not always about you TX.

"Career total" numbers and even "year total" numbers can be very misleading. Particularly for Atlanta's #2 QB. They had been practicing/gameplanning for Vick to be the QB all week, so when Vick gets hurt & Schaub enters the game it's not the same as preparing all week as the starter since they're very different players. Also when you've got so little to go by, a bad showing or two can throw everything off. He only started 2 games & one was his first real action as a rookie. In games where he threw more than a token pass or so:

2004 First NFL game (started):

17-41-188-0-2; comp 41%; (rush 4-21)

2004 Second NFL game (essentially started; the post-season was locked up & Vick only got a token possession or two to stop from going into the playoffs cold):

14-22-133-1-1; comp 64%; (rush 2-7)

2005 Third NFL game (did not start):

5-14-39-0-0; comp 36% (rush 4-56)

2005 Fourth NFL game (started):

18-34-298-3-0; comp 53% (rush 2-3)

2005 Fifth NFL game (did not start):

9-13-110-1-0; comp 69% (rush 0-0)

But all this aside, you really need to watch him play & not just rely on stats. Plus, he's never gone into the season slotted as THE GUY & Vick takes almost all the 1st-team snaps all summer & all season long. Throw into the mix that Atlanta plays a WCO, which he's about as well-suited for as Drew Bledsoe is, which we will not be using.

Archived