Vote for Zach Wilson for Rookie of the Week

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn’t say this.

I said Mac Jones is being developed in a way where taking what the defense gives him is going to be hardwired. Zach isn’t. Zach should be. We’ve all said so.

A few of you have simply ignored my actual point and created a parallel argument that I’m now using to make you look silly.

The deep-seated insecurity in your posts is unbelievably off-putting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Integ, you can be as imaginative as you want.  I'll stick to reality.

The league has changed.  You can point to the past all you want but the league is different.  All those guys you're referncing were from a different era.  

Russel Wilson, Kyle Murray, Pat Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson etc...all of the best QB's in today's game would almost certainly already be seriously injured if they were playing 15 years ago.  So, un-athletic pocket passers would be what's left - hence their success.  These guys aren't getting hit anymore - between the rule changes and finally learning to slide -  they're staying on the field and dominating the league.  Just look at the top passers in todays game i.e. the ones I've listed above.  

The league has always morphed and yes, an un-athletic, weak armed pocket passer have been the successful QB in the past - and can surely still be successful but at this point it's the exception and not the rule.

Look, no ones arguing that you don't have to be able to pass from the pocket, no ones arguing that you need to be able to make on-scheduled plays - I couldn't agree more - that should be the crux of every QB's game.  

My only argument is two fold:

1) Mac Jones has shown me nothing to tell me he has been or will be a quality NFL QB.  You have to be able to do more than what he's done if he wants to win.  And the one time he was asked to do more he failed miserably.

2) Zach Wilson, while he has succeeded on the off-platform, has also shown plenty from the pocket.  This idea that he's only been successful when he's flushed out of the pocket is just a false narrative being pushed on this site (not saying you're pushing it, but it has been pushed)  It's simply not true, and once again, isn't disputable if you look at the facts and watch the film.  Reality, ZW has a 70% completion % if you take away the drops.  

Can he get better. absolutely.  Does he NEED to get better, absolutely. 

When all's said and done, If I had to make an assessment of these two QB's based on the first four weeks. Zach Wilson, to me, has shown himself to have superior potential and a far better opportunity to be a top QB in the NFL.  And, for me, it's not even close.

1. Of course their from a previous era, my point was about what history has shown us.

2. “No ones arguing” yeah, whatever. I have no idea what you’re arguing at this point, because you keep ignoring my initial point and every reply you make is a rebuttal to something different - but, none being something I said.

3. The rest of this isn’t worth responding to. I’ll say again, Mac Jones is being taught to take what defenses give him. This is an exceptional teaching method + totally aligns with what we’re all saying Zach needs to be better at.

Stop trying to move the goal posts on an argument I’m not even making.

Hahaha… Tom Brady has literally the same game manager physical profile.
The only thing that separates guys at this level is between the ears. Not “pop” or “zip” or any of that other absurd crap.
Right now, Mac Jones is being coached along a path that will give him an advantage between the ears. None of the other rookie QBs are.
You all point his short passes. He is being taught to take what defenses give him. Zach isn’t.

Exactly. Tom started as a dink and dunk QB completely. It was frustratingly difficult to defend because he’d hit any receiver, they didn’t have any star #1. Then they brought in Moss and you began to see Tom stretching the field and becoming a complete QB. To me that is how you teach a young QB. A successful QB attacks the second level by knowing the underneath stuff like the back of his hand so if the pressure comes they make the right decision without even thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Exactly. Tom started as a dink and dunk QB completely. It was frustratingly difficult to defend because he’d hit any receiver, they didn’t have any star #1. Then they brought in Moss and you began to see Tom stretching the field and becoming a complete QB. To me that is how you teach a young QB. A successful QB attacks the second level by knowing the underneath stuff like the back of his hand so if the pressure comes they make the right decision without even thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is all I’ve been saying. 

It’s cool though. Walls of text debatubg things I didn’t say, then personal insults. JN at its finest.