Jump to content

Vote for Zach Wilson for Rookie of the Week


Jetsbb
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m 100% serious. But that’s just me dude. He did this at BYU, not downplaying  it, it’s a natural gift, you can’t teach anyone who doesn’t show up with it.

That’s being said, kid needs to clean up the scripted stuff from the pocket. Once he does that, we have ourselves a top 10 QB at worse honestly. Watch Herbert from last night, made some huge throws but took all the gimmes. That’s what Zach needs to learn to do. He earned the game ball Saleh gave him, but Rookie of the Week? Meh, he wasn’t even our best rookie on the field. I gave that to AVT Always next week though. 

A true man of principle.  No participation trophies from the Crusher household.

Respect!

////I voted for Zach

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m 100% serious. But that’s just me dude. He did this at BYU, not downplaying  it, it’s a natural gift, you can’t teach anyone who doesn’t show up with it.

That’s being said, kid needs to clean up the scripted stuff from the pocket. Once he does that, we have ourselves a top 10 QB at worse honestly. Watch Herbert from last night, made some huge throws but took all the gimmes. That’s what Zach needs to learn to do. He earned the game ball Saleh gave him, but Rookie of the Week? Meh, he wasn’t even our best rookie on the field. I gave that to AVT Always next week though. 

I agree, but I believe that will definitely come

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

A true man of principle.  No participation trophies from the Crusher household.

Respect!

////I voted for Zach

You only voted for him because your a sucker for a taught body playing QB in designer shorts and wearing Gucci sunglasses with perfect hair. Nothing at all wrong with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m 100% serious. But that’s just me dude. He did this at BYU, not downplaying  it, it’s a natural gift, you can’t teach anyone who doesn’t show up with it.

That’s being said, kid needs to clean up the scripted stuff from the pocket. Once he does that, we have ourselves a top 10 QB at worse honestly. Watch Herbert from last night, made some huge throws but took all the gimmes. That’s what Zach needs to learn to do. He earned the game ball Saleh gave him, but Rookie of the Week? Meh, he wasn’t even our best rookie on the field. I gave that to AVT Always next week though. 

Fair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hero balls used to be called accurate long passes and they were a good thing, especially if you did it after escaping pressure.. True story, kids.

No they weren’t. You can throw a long deep accurate pass from the pocket and hit your receiver in stride and 80% of starting QBs in NFL do it .

That pass Zach threw was amazing and that’s not something every QB could do and even fewer could do it consistently. Kid evaded pressure,  literally ran for his life, directed his #1 receirver and threw an absolute needle threader 60 yards in the air. 6O yards in the air! Definition   of hero ball! Not sure your need to downplay it honestly, but you do you. 
 

Side note, after seeing that, kid can probabley throw a Hail Mary from his own twenty to the end zone! Wow, what a future once Saleh and LaFjeur help him clean up the mundane. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you keep refreshing the page you can vote multiple times. Give the kid some confidence and block Pats fans from getting the satisfaction of seeing their guy win it. 

I picture an office at one Jets drive filled with part time workers hired for the week doing nothing but this.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you keep refreshing the page you can vote multiple times. Give the kid some confidence and block Pats fans from getting the satisfaction of seeing their guy win it. 

Or… don’t and let Zach get another win in London then go into the break then come out and beat the living hell out of New England at home and rub Mac Jones and his pace into the dirt.
 

Zach doesn’t need fakes confidence, he showed up give zero Fvcks, it’s just him. Mac Jones is the one that needs to be held up and told he’s a pretty pretty QB, Zach is a tough little bastid. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No they weren’t. You can throw a long deep accurate pass from the pocket and hit your receiver in stride and 80% of starting QBs in NFL do it .

That pass Zach threw was amazing and that’s not something every QB could do and even fewer could do it consistently. Kid evaded pressure,  literally ran for his life, directed his #1 receirver and threw an absolute needle threader 60 yards in the air. 6O yards in the air! Definition   of hero ball! Not sure your need to downplay it honestly, but you do you. 
 

Side note, after seeing that, kid can probabley throw a Hail Mary from his own twenty to the end zone! Wow, what a future once Saleh and LaFjeur help him clean up the mundane. 

I disagree. He threw two passes where he was escaping pressure. Whether from the pocket or out wide on the pass you're referring to, he was in complete control, saw the safety was cheating short, set his feet and threw an accurate pass. 

Hero ball makes it sound as I he predetermined that he was going to hit a six run home run no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I disagree. He threw two passes where he was escaping pressure. Whether from the pocket or out wide on the pass you're referring to, he was in complete control, saw the safety was cheating short, set his feet and threw an accurate pass. 

Hero ball makes it sound as I he predetermined that he was going to hit a six run home run no matter what.

I’m 100% convinced  Zach Wilson has shown up to every game since high school expecting to throw 5 TD passes. I honestly believe that. It’s a good thing. Just needs to be fine tuned to handle the easy ones 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...