Jump to content

Crypto Thread (and stocks too, if you want, I guess)


HessStation
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why?

is this a crypto? where can we get it?

trying to catch one of these psychopath 100x gems in the last leg of this bull run

Only 2.1M circulating supply small MC of 82M it quickly pumped on CB launch to mid 50’s. Been sleeping at a $36-$39 floor for weeks now. Main investor is CB which leads some to assume it will be it’s official marketplace for NFTs. It’s more of a dark horse. 
 

Check out SKL….it’s due a big run soon. LRC needs a rest and could be next…oversold  

XYO is at .05 probably due to run to .08 soon as well…oversold 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

El Salvador adopted Bitcoin…..  well, when a 3rd world shot hole says go, I stop and think.   

In other news, bitcoin just hit all time high.

Oh, and this.

https://hypebeast.com/2021/11/el-salvador-bitcoin-profits-new-schools-construction

Quote

After adopting Bitcoin as a legal currency back in September, El Salvador will now be building numerous new schools using the profits it has made from the cryptocurrency.

According to reports, the Central American country has now decided to reinvest some of its Bitcoin earnings back into its community by building 20 new schools using $2 million USD. “When the project was launched the FIDEBITCOIN fund did not have the same amount of surplus it has today,” remarked El Salvador’s president Nayib Bukele during the opening of a pet hospital which was also constructed using Bitcoin profits. “This is what helped us decide to move forward with the approval of building the first 20 Bitcoin schools.

After being launched by Bukele himself, the FIDEBITCOIN trust account now holds roughly $150 million USD in reserves and is run by the Bank for the Development of El Salvador. Bukele promises that no taxpayer money will be used at all for the construction of these new schools.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

In other news, bitcoin just hit all time high.

Oh, and this.

https://hypebeast.com/2021/11/el-salvador-bitcoin-profits-new-schools-construction

 

Bukele is a dictator.  Believe what you want but don’t believe they have a free press. They imprison the press.  I’m not against cripto.   It’s just not for me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Just dropped a dime on SKL & Bounce. Just throwing some ADA staking rewards at it to try and hit a lotto ticket.

I got killed on ADA 2.50 to 2.01 but been on a hot streak since then with 

COTI .30 to .55

Jasmy .05 to .22

LRC 1.09 to 2.22

CRO .26 to .40

….that said it’s crypto. Once Bitcoin settles off all time high Alts should take off.

Hoping SKL is next!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I got killed on ADA 2.50 to 2.01 but been on a hot streak since then with 

COTI .30 to .55

Jasmy .05 to .22

LRC 1.09 to 2.22

CRO .26 to .40

….that said it’s crypto. Once Bitcoin settles off all time high Alts should take off.

Hoping SKL is next!

I did very well in ADA - got in prior to 2017 bull run. Kicking myself I punted my LRC bag because I thought I could do better elsewhere but not nearly as much as the BSC bag I had at sub $30 entry. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I made a killing on AMC but holy crap was it not worth it given the stress. I don’t know how you nutjobs deal with this sh*t. 

I got in early enough at $8 that I’ve been able to coast after the first push. Prior to that jump it was pretty stressful though. The padding has helped tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I got in early enough at $8 that I’ve been able to coast after the first push. Prior to that jump it was pretty stressful though. The padding has helped tbh

I got in at 10 and sold at 50, lost my mind in between, then took it and put what I earned in AMD which quite frankly I wish I would have just done in the first place. Money is nice but that AMC run had me glued to my phone during a vacation to Hawaii and completely ruined the first half of it. Just not worth it. I can't imagine how anyone keeps their sanity with half this sh*t being glued to whatever Elon Musk feels like tweeting about during the week. I look at what crypto is doing to people that have never invested in anything and it legit looks more like addiction than it does any semblance of a reasonable investment portfolio or strategy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Bet on the S&P 500. Stick to the S&P 500. Don't stray. Start with that and you'l be fine. 

I say this sincerely, thank you for the advice.  Two of the main things I live by is 1) it’s ok to admit you don’t t know something, 2) Listen to people who know more.  I will start researching based on that and see where things go!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I say this sincerely, thank you for the advice.  Two of the main things I live by is 1) it’s ok to admit you don’t t know something, 2) Listen to people who know more.  I will start researching based on that and see where things go!

Here's the DJIA since 1895. Buy, hold, and never try to time it. Warren Buffet said it best: Since 1776 the US economy has always moved forward. 

image.png.7b2221b086da5d3744ea64ff0ff028bf.png

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Here's the DJIA since 1895. Buy, hold, and never try to time it. Warren Buffet said it best: Since 1776 the US economy has always moved forward. 

image.png.7b2221b086da5d3744ea64ff0ff028bf.png

^^^this guy gets it^^^

Warren Buffett bet a million dollars that over ten years, his investment in the most brainless, boring fund would do better than the investment of some of the smartest hedge fund managers in the world.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes totes.

 

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bitcoin does the same. 

Def two schools of thought. Can make money in both. That’s main reason I thought to start this. Wish I got involved earlier.

id be sitting prettier now if someone made me realize there’s money to be made if you can keep your wits bout you and do enough digging 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I got in at 10 and sold at 50, lost my mind in between, then took it and put what I earned in AMD which quite frankly I wish I would have just done in the first place. Money is nice but that AMC run had me glued to my phone during a vacation to Hawaii and completely ruined the first half of it. Just not worth it. I can't imagine how anyone keeps their sanity with half this sh*t being glued to whatever Elon Musk feels like tweeting about during the week. I look at what crypto is doing to people that have never invested in anything and it legit looks more like addiction than it does any semblance of a reasonable investment portfolio or strategy.

Why not just put in a stop order and enjoy your vacation? None of us will ever completely get it right when it comes down to buying and selling although stops are great for protecting huge gains and avoiding big losses.

As long as the stock don't halt which always happens when you deal with high volume securities....or should I say, higher volumes by at least 10x to it's normal trading volume. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes totes.

Yes, look at the all-time log chart like you posted for s&p. There is no 4 year period you could have bought and held Bitcoin and not been up. You get bigger gains and more volatility because it's still an emerging asset class but long term it is up only just like s&p.

Bitcoin flipped the silver market cap today. 

Screenshot_20211108-211608.thumb.png.b26f0569f32cde994335fcf029247c07.png

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...