Pff FA rankings

hmhertz

Scherff will be 30 years old in a couple weeks and has missed games in the last five seasons. I wouldn’t even consider signing him, and neither will JD. But this guy…

64. G JAMES DANIELS, CHICAGO BEARS

Daniels is quietly in the midst of his best NFL season, with the Bears finally putting him at one position — right guard — and leaving him there to improve over the year. Daniels was one of the youngest draft picks in 2018 and will still be just 24 years old in Week 1 of 2022. The combination of youth and the fact Daniels kept getting moved around the interior of the offensive line suggests he could have even more untapped potential as a full-time right guard. From Week 4 to Week 12 this season, Daniels’ 78.5 overall grade ranks ninth among guards, his 80.0 pass-blocking grade ranks sixth and his 78.7 run-blocking grade ranks 11th.

Strengths:
– Age
– Zone blocking
– Pass blocking

Weaknesses:
– Gap runs
– Facing power

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING GUARD IN A ZONE-BLOCKING SCHEME: Daniels has played predominantly in zone-heavy attacks between college at Iowa and his four years with the Bears, and that's where he excels when it comes to the run game.

Recent Injury History:
Daniels played in every game in 2018 and 2019 before a torn pectoral robbed him of all but five games in 2020. He's been healthy again in 2021, playing in every game through Week 12.

Contract Projection: Five years, $50 million ($10M per year, $24M total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:
Since 2018, Daniels has been productive at both guard positions. He also has experience at center and will turn 25 just after opening day in 2022. Daniels is an excellent fit for a zone-blocking scheme and has been one of the best pass-blocking guards in the league over the last two seasons. His best football may still be ahead of him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

How many of those top guys are actually going to become free agents?  

The most likely one that would intrigue me is Allen Robinson but he is looking like the 2022 version of Kenny Golloday and with Moore and Davis returning I highly doubt JD spends on another WR. 

I think Gesicki and Schultz should be MUST considerations heading into next year. And I am pretty sure the Fish are ready to move on from Gesicki (drafting replacements etx). My main concern with Gesicki is that he appears to be a bit of a head case and considers himself a WR and wants WR money. But he would be the closest thing we could find to play the Kittle role for Lafleur. 

21 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Connor Williams age 24 cowboys guard 

dj Chark  age 25 jaguars wr

jessie bates 25 bengals safety 

Marcus Williams 25 saints safety 

dalton Shultz 25 cowboys tight end

these are the guys id target. Young and all have produced and can still improve. 

i was wondering about the ages too.  these guys should all be on their first contracts after their rookie deals.

• Upvote 1