Peter King on ESPN Radio says...

BigJermaineFromQnz

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the reason the Pats won Super Bowls during Mangini's time there was because they had a franchise QB playing opposite a nice defense. We can build the best defense in the league and won't win anything with Chad, Kitna or Brooks at QB. When you are picking in the top 5, you need to capitalize by getting a francise QB (if they are available).

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the reason the Pats won Super Bowls during Mangini's time there was because they had a franchise QB playing opposite a nice defense. We can build the best defense in the league and won't win anything with Chad, Kitna or Brooks at QB. When you are picking in the top 5, you need to capitalize by getting a francise QB (if they are available).

Totally disagree. All those three could lead the team to a Super Bowl if the defense was play stopper.

I have no source, but my guess is that Mangini spends his "get-out-of-jail-free-card" (which is the 2006 season) on getting the lines built up. You get the offensive and defensive lines strong and you can build the for the future with a QB/RB in 2007.

BZ

Totally disagree. All those three could lead the team to a Super Bowl if the defense was play stopper.

I have no source, but my guess is that Mangini spends his "get-out-of-jail-free-card" (which is the 2006 season) on getting the lines built up. You get the offensive and defensive lines strong and you can build the for the future with a QB/RB in 2007.

BZ

closde,,i think he uses top of draft for line, brick,,

but gets croyle in 2nd

ehh...thats sort of contradicting yourself friend. You talk about the pats having a great quarterback, and thats why we should pick one in the top 5.....but...brady wasnt picked in the top 5, and neither were kurt warner or jake delhomme(2 of the 3 quarterbacks brady has beaten in the superbowl). Now...top 5 pick quarterbacks in the past few years...michael vick, peyton manning, ryan leaf, tim couch, eli manning, phillip rivers, joey harrington and david carr. How many of those have won superbowls...or even played in a superbowl? Instead, superbowl winning quarterbacks have come from brady, ben roethlisberger(who was considered far and away only the 3rd best qb in that draft), brad johnson(who won with a superior defense), and trent dilfer(who won with a great defense).

top 5 quarterbacks, atleast in the recent times of the nfl, do not win superbowls

ehh...thats sort of contradicting yourself friend. You talk about the pats having a great quarterback, and thats why we should pick one in the top 5.....but...brady wasnt picked in the top 5, and neither were kurt warner or jake delhomme(2 of the 3 quarterbacks brady has beaten in the superbowl). Now...top 5 pick quarterbacks in the past few years...michael vick, peyton manning, ryan leaf, tim couch, eli manning, phillip rivers, joey harrington and david carr. How many of those have won superbowls...or even played in a superbowl? Instead, superbowl winning quarterbacks have come from brady, ben roethlisberger(who was considered far and away only the 3rd best qb in that draft), brad johnson(who won with a superior defense), and trent dilfer(who won with a great defense).

top 5 quarterbacks, atleast in the recent times of the nfl, do not win superbowls

And Cutler is the third best QB in this draft. Many teams have tried to get a franchise QB in the later rounds....hasn't happened very often.

And Cutler is the third best QB in this draft. Many teams have tried to get a franchise QB in the later rounds....hasn't happened very often.

how long has it been since you looked at the rankings??

Cutler is #2 atleast on nearly every draft board...some boards have him ahead of lienart actually

I believe that SUPER MARIO will be a JET if JA is traded. Marcus McNeill will be our OT target at 22 or 29.

I would be happy taking Mario Williams at #4 if we trade Abraham to Denver,although I think we may look to grab Nick Mangold there too,and maybe Eric Winston if Mcneill is already gone.

i am tellin u,, its in the bag, we are gettin him in 2nd round or mid to end of 1st with a tradeup of our 2nd pick,,

its a lock, believe me, a lock

A lock to get Brodie Croyle? I certainly hope not. He hasn't shown me much in his college or post college exploits that say future NFL star. He looks more like a lifetime back-up. And taking him in the 2nd round that high with our pick is ridiculous, so taking him in the first is an even worse idea.

A lock to get Brodie Croyle? I certainly hope not. He hasn't shown me much in his college or post college exploits that say future NFL star. He looks more like a lifetime back-up. And taking him in the 2nd round that high with our pick is ridiculous, so taking him in the first is an even worse idea.

OK Terry

Carl-- 1) Croyle had the 3rd best zip of any QB in the combine .. scored a 58

2) Per Coaches grading the highest during Interview process

3) when Cindy entered NFL, he was a weakling as well and used first year to bulk up

It is not off the wall for Brodie to slip into rd1, that said i do not want Jets to draft him, he is 2 years away and the pressure to be next namath will be a tough task for him.

dont need to sparky,,every scout and GM in nation already did that

Right, and those guys are always right. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong here, but the fact of the matter is we have much larger needs, especially in the first or second round to be taking a QB at least a few years away. Are you saying, hypothetically, you'd rather take Brodie Croyle over Mangold/McNeil/Watson?

Right, and those guys are always right. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong here, but the fact of the matter is we have much larger needs, especially in the first or second round to be taking a QB at least a few years away. Are you saying, hypothetically, you'd rather take Brodie Croyle over Mangold/McNeil/Watson?

yes,,

who is your QB of the future for Jets???

yes,,

Given the current state of the Jets that is very much up in the air. It is becoming more and more apparent that the Jets QB of the future is not on this roster. Nor do I think that Ramsey or any other QB brought in could be that either. Honestly, the 2007 Draft is when we should be targeting our QB for the future. I wouldn't mind even taking a project QB in the 4th or 5th round, but with gaping holes in many other positions wasting a pick on an average QB in the 1st or 2nd round is just not smart.

Given the current state of the Jets that is very much up in the air. It is becoming more and more apparent that the Jets QB of the future is not on this roster. Nor do I think that Ramsey or any other QB brought in could be that either. Honestly, the 2007 Draft is when we should be targeting our QB for the future. I wouldn't mind even taking a project QB in the 4th or 5th round, but with gaping holes in many other positions wasting a pick on an average QB in the 1st or 2nd round is just not smart.

too late,,

we may actually win some games next year,,

we have to take advantage of having several picks in the top 40 to get a top QB,,,

that way, we play the kid this year so WHEN we are ready to make a run for a playoff spot he has experience,,dont want to waste 2007 with a rook QB,,do it now and make 2007 a run year and 2008 a solid playoff chance

too late,,

we may actually win some games next year,,

we have to take advantage of having several picks in the top 40 to get a top QB,,,

that way, we play the kid this year so WHEN we are ready to make a run for a playoff spot he has experience,,dont want to waste 2007 with a rook QB,,do it now and make 2007 a run year and 2008 a solid playoff chance

Well if this Croyle kid is as good as you are claiming, you want to put him out there with a swiss cheese O-line to only end up like Chad? I just cannot fathom any reason to draft a QB with no offensive lineman on this team above average right now, save for Kendall. It doesn't make football sense, look at what has happened to Carr.

Well if this Croyle kid is as good as you are claiming, you want to put him out there with a swiss cheese O-line to only end up like Chad? I just cannot fathom any reason to draft a QB with no offensive lineman on this team above average right now, save for Kendall. It doesn't make football sense, look at what has happened to Carr.

thats silly, they will get a OL good enough to protect by midseason,,put him in around game 8,,,

this isnt college, a good coaching staff will get the right players and have a decent line,,remember, that idiot Herm is gone

yes,,

Definitely not Brodie Croyle. Are you even aware of how injury prone this guy is? Croyle has been an egg all throughout high school and college. Croyle is so fragile he makes Chad Pennington look like The Terminator.

List of Brodie Croyle's damaged goods:

Dislocated Elbow

Torn Labrum

Torn ACL in Right Knee

Torn ACL in Left Knee

In between injuries he wasn't impressive in college. Maybe if he had one knee injury and looked good I'd say ok but this is just horrific.

2nd Round Pick for this woman? What a friggin waste that would be.

Definitely not Brodie Croyle. Are you even aware of how injury prone this guy is? Croyle has been an egg all throughout high school and college. Croyle is so fragile he makes Chad Pennington look like The Terminator.

List of Brodie Croyle's damaged goods:

Dislocated Elbow

Torn Labrum

Torn ACL in Right Knee

Torn ACL in Left Knee

In between injuries he wasn't impressive in college. Maybe if he had one knee injury and looked good I'd say ok but this is just horrific.

2nd Round Pick for this woman? What a friggin waste that would be.

oh lord,, jr high is out,,did ma make u milk and cookies

Abe is gone, we still haven't replaced Jason Ferguson, Robertson is a part-time player now, Ellis is coming off a bad year.

Yep, our defensive line situation is pretty bad.

Yeah and when we draft another defensive lineman in the first round that would make 6 first round defensive line selections in the past how many years? Look on the bright side, we will still have 4 first round draft picks on our D-line this year if we draft Ngata like you want.

yes,,

how about taking whitehurst in the 3rd?

that would let the team use 1st and 2nd rd picks to build both lines. whitehurst seems like a pretty good prospect - i assume he will improve dramatically when he gets a real QB coach at the NFL level.

Archived