Crazy that you’ll finally probably never play Tom Brady again.

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, good riddance if we never have to play him again. It was always so hard for us to beat him since he gets all the calls each game against every team, but twice as many as that against our Jets. It was always the old saying with him we used to say with Boxing, "If you want to beat the Champ in his hometown, you better knock him out." 

And the Jets did in 2010. 

To me that is all that matters

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I lived in South Boston from 1996-2000. I bartended at the Champions at the Copley Place Mariott as well as a place called The Grand Canal directly across from The Fours near the old Garden. 

I used to walk around the City and even go to work in a Wayne Chrebet jersey. Not one person ever said a f***ing word to me. Why? Because prior to 2001, the Patriots had no fans. They were a fringe team, almost leaving for Hartford or some sh*t, and a distant 4th out of the 4 major sports franchises.I went to Foxboro for the 1998 game, and the dump was half Jets fans

My point? 

You are all bandwagon Scum. I have zero respect for losers like you that base their entire personhood on a Sports team and a bunch of guys who you don't know, and don't give a **** about you, but will walk away as soon as they suck again, because you actually have no loyalty or history with the team.

You're a front running fraud rooting for the biggest cheaters in sports, and none of us care about you, your team, or your podunk little village. 

Now go jerk off to your Tommy poster, and maybe shed a tear because he dumped you as hard as he could to leave for ******* Tampa.

TAMPA. ? 

Good day and **** off 

Fantastic post.

I have a unique disdain for massholes because most of my undergraduate friends are from MA, my wife and her entire extended family is from MA, and most of my colleagues are from MA. I've seen it all first hand. There is nothing like the absolute stank of their "fandom" and the fact that they actually believe that they are champions in their own lives because of what the MA sports teams that they root for have accomplished. 

The bandwagonism is so clearly defined. The majority of massholes began actually caring about the patriots around the end of the 2003 season when they realized that '01 wasn't a fluke and that they might actually have something. After the chiefs game on MNF in 2014 or 2015, they were calling for brady to be traded "while they can still get something for him". Not a few weeks later, they were all "we always believed in you brady!". The second after he threw the pick 6 to end the game against the Titans, those same folks lost interest in the pats. All of last year, they actively rooted for the Bucs and didn't even acknowledge the pats. While visiting my in-laws and driving around, I'd see sports bars advertising the Bucs and hanging Bucs paraphernalia on the walls. Four weeks ago when the Pats were the #1 seed in the AFC, the pats gear was back out in full force, the social media posts, my friends in group chats, etc. After two straight losses, back to crickets and rooting for the Bucs. The scary thing - I'm not even making any of this up. It's like they don't even care anymore. They'll root for whoever is winning, and they will have absolutely no shame in it whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I lived in South Boston from 1996-2000. I bartended at the Champions at the Copley Place Mariott as well as a place called The Grand Canal directly across from The Fours near the old Garden. 

I used to walk around the City and even go to work in a Wayne Chrebet jersey. Not one person ever said a f***ing word to me. Why? Because prior to 2001, the Patriots had no fans. They were a fringe team, almost leaving for Hartford or some sh*t, and a distant 4th out of the 4 major sports franchises.I went to Foxboro for the 1998 game, and the dump was half Jets fans

My point? 

You are all bandwagon Scum. I have zero respect for losers like you that base their entire personhood on a Sports team and a bunch of guys who you don't know, and don't give a **** about you, but will walk away as soon as they suck again, because you actually have no loyalty or history with the team.

You're a front running fraud rooting for the biggest cheaters in sports, and none of us care about you, your team, or your podunk little village. 

Now go jerk off to your Tommy poster, and maybe shed a tear because he dumped you as hard as he could to leave for ******* Tampa.

TAMPA. ? 

Good day and **** off 

Cheers to you. I was one of those Jet fans filling the stadium on those days. Every time one of these guys tells me he is a lifelong Pats fan, I would say - where the hell were you when I was sitting in Sullivan Stadium.

BTW, I used to work in one of the office towers at Copley a little before you working there :-)

To be fair, I met some real fans during their bad years. Even went to the Tuna bowl. Me and my ex-brother-in-law was at that game. Halfway through the game, the guys sitting next to him ask him to switch seats so they could sit next to me. He was like - hey - he is a jet fan; the guy responded with 'I can tell that dip sh*t based on the fact that he is wearing a Jets jersey, but we would rather sit next to a real fan then some cry baby, whinny wanta-be fan who doesn't even know the rules. They spent the rest of the half buying me beers. LOL - so glad my sister divorced his ass. Good times however.

Fan base just went down hill when the started to win and the new stadium forced the real blue-collar fans with higher ticket prices.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

I was just reflecting after Sundays game on how the Revis/Sanchez era ****show Jets under Rex Ryan actually became a PREMIER NFL rivalry with the Patriots, on par with the Steelers and Ravens, where, league wide, everyone wanted to tune in. For a good three (?) years, the games had Conference implications and not just divisional.

I think that ended when the 2012 Patriots performed a Soul-Slaying Mortal Kombat fatality on you during a nationally-television Thanksgiving game, where even not football fans huddled around their televisions to watch one of the most decisive rivalry decapitations in the history of sports, but I digress.

Tom Brady just did some nonchalant GOAT **** against you for the win, but you’ll probably never play him again.

You’ll remember him forever, same as us.

How do you feel?

I feel fine. But you sadly need a life slinky.

6 hours ago, jj71787 said:

I'm not gonna jump on the hate wagon, but Brady and most other QB's would not survive the NFL if it still was played the way young, marino, aikman, played the game. 

Brady won 2/3 Superbowls with those rules. They were changed more for Peyton because his dome-offense was always styling against the AFC south in week 5 and then the Patriots would crush them in the playoffs.

Why do you not think Tom would survive in earlier eras? His skill set is idealic for any era. It’s dudes like Mahomes and Wilson that wouldn’t perform with earlier defensive rules.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Within New England and the stupid national media he is loved.

Every where else he is hated and considerd a massive cheating scum bag.  Unlike most of the other all time great QBs who have been respected.

This guy loved and recruited an praised the likes of Aaron Hernandez and Antonio Brown.

Players bring him balls to sign when they get interceptions now, man. Tom Brady is literally a living legend unlike anything else in sports. You’re just traumatized, but I appreciate the passion .

2 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Brady won 2/3 Superbowls with those rules. They were changed more for Peyton because his done offense was always styling against the AFC south in week 5 and then the Patriots would crush him in the playoffs.

Why do you not think Tom would survive in earlier eras? His skill set is idealic for any era. It’s dudes like Mahomes and Wilson that wouldn’t perform with earlier defensive rules.

Weird this is the only post you responded to.

The Patriots have a massive fan base. Of course a huge part of it is going to be bandwagon fans. They had two separate super bowl dynasties book-ending a reign of offensive terror that lead to years of absurd blow outs and teams crumbling at the mere sight of the New England uniforms. That’s going to create a ****ing HUGE fan base.

That said, the Patriots went to a Super Bowl in 86 and 98, and had Parcels making noise and a big arm, high profile, rocket throwing quarterback in Bledsoe.

The Patriots had fans. It just had a garbage stadium. Nobody wanted to sit on awkward steel bleachers in 20 degree weather. It’s not exactly the same business today.

48 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

The Patriots have a massive fan base. Of course a huge part of it is going to be bandwagon fans. They had two separate super bowl dynasties book-ending a reign of offensive terror that lead to years of absurd blow outs and teams crumbling at the mere sight of the New England uniforms. That’s going to create a ****ing HUGE fan base.

That said, the Patriots went to a Super Bowl in 86 and 98, and had Parcels making noise and a big arm, high profile, rocket throwing quarterback in Bledsoe.

The Patriots had fans. It just had a garbage stadium. Nobody wanted to sit on awkward steel bleachers in 20 degree weather. It’s not exactly the same business today.

Yes, they have many bandwagon fans like you