Norm Katnik = Mawae's Replacement???

I picked up my Sporting News today after I got done skimming through SI and found the weekly little Jets sentence. This week it reads:

"The Jets might replace departed Pro Bowl C Kevin Mawae with Norm Katnik, who was signed off the 49ers' practice squad last November. Katnik (6'4, 300) is undersized, but he is intelligent and technically proficient..."

:eek:

I picked up my Sporting News today after I got done skimming through SI and found the weekly little Jets sentence. This week it reads:

"The Jets might replace departed Pro Bowl C Kevin Mawae with Norm Katnik, who was signed off the 49ers' practice squad last November. Katnik (6'4, 300) is undersized, but he is intelligent and technically proficient..."

I read this somehwere too. What can we do? as of now we might not have a better option.

It was in an article the other day...said Katnik was picked up off of the 49ers PS on the advice of Scott Gragg and he was supposedly "very impressive" Take it for what it's worth.

He was the USC center in 2004. He went undrafted, and suppossedly, SF was trying to keep him quiet, but when Gragg cam to the Jets, he told the FO the kid was good. They got him off the TS from SF, and he supposedly impressed last year.... but apparently not enough to stop them from screwing up the whole O line by switching Kendall to center. Having said that, Edwards was an ******* who never trusted young guys on offense, so he just might be OK.

The kid did win a national title as a starting center, so how bad could he be?

Wouldn't it be funny if this guy could really play (and not be a liability) & the same for Morley at RT? We're not doing any complex zone blocking or anything.

I'd still feel better with either a total 10-year stud at LT (Brick) or one of the next few top OT prospects who could play either side. I wouldn't pass up on Mangold at #35; if Katnik is decent, he'll be more than adequate as a backup C/G.

Though keeping Kendall may be a clue as to us not targeting a C. If Katnik doesn't pan out, then Kendall moves over to C.

sounds like belly-tree 101 coaching

I did a post on this site about The state of The Jets offensive line and I had a quick little bio on Norm Katnik as well as all the other unknown Jets backup lineman.

Katnik played every o-line position at USC. Was an all american center in his senior year. So he has some versatility.

I don't know if people are projecting him as a starter prematurely. But different players take different avenues into The NFL. There are tons of successful players in The NFL that came in as late round picks or undrafted free agents.

The Jets have 10 offensive lineman on their current roster. About only 3 of them are locks to make the team in Kendall, Moore and Jones. It's wide open for the rest of the spots. The Jets have interesting players on their roster if you do the research and a few of them are headed to NFL Europe for seasoning. (Isaac Snell,Marko Cavka, Michael King and Charles Missant)... The 3 that are staying to work with the coaching staff and be apart of the training program are Norm Katnik, Doug Nienhuis and Steve Morley.

For those interested in watching the nfle to see how those players

perform here are the teams and the names:

Frankfurt: Missant and Snell

Amsterdam: Cavka and King

and if really interested Kingsbury is on Cologne

notice he picked Amsterdam,,needed somewhere where he could smoke so much he could forget the past

Archived