What if…..

44 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Nah I don’t think OL or London were on JD’s draft chart. The proposed Hill trade and looking into Deebo showed JD wanted a speedster not a possession type WR. JD was looking at speed at WR and edge and CB which is exactly what he pulled off. Amazin.

I think it's a fair point about the speed at WR but I don't agree at all that OL wasn't on the radar. I still think we may take an OT at 38.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think it's a fair point about the speed at WR but I don't agree at all that OL wasn't on the radar. I still think we may take an OT at 38.

Don’t think so. We have greater needs at LB. But wouldn’t cry over it if we traded back for extra picks and took OT Raimann but he’s projected to go late round 2 around 58 to 64 and he’s the top OT on the board at this point. Trade back from 38 and get Andersen and Raimann - I’d be giddy as Ebenezzer Scrooge on Christmas Day. 

Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 303 | RAS: 9.87

Listed at 6'7", 305 pounds, Raimann is a large blocker who looms over his opponents. His length isn't proportionally elite, but he compensates with his easily visible athleticism.

The Central Michigan OT is explosive off the line as a run blocker, and he's mobile reaching the second level. He has good lateral burst and can make quick work of short distances. Additionally, Raimann has great recovery athleticism and covers a lot of ground to regain positioning.

Beyond his mobility, Raimann also has solid flexibility and balance. He can easily flip his hips and redirect defensive linemen. Additionally, he has the flexibility and coordination to halt rushes at the apex without losing control. Despite his lighter frame, Raimann's core strength is above-average, and he uses this to flex without breaking.

• Upvote 1

I was wondering the same thing...if Sauce was taken at 3 by the Texans, how does that change the complexity of our day one selections? Does JD just take Stingley at 4 and we're all having the same conversations? Or does JD move on to Thibs at 4 and totally change the entire draft (for us)?

We've all said before that the players who we pick have less to do with our own GM and more to do with the GMs picking ahead of us. So tru. Better to be lucky than good. 

When the Jets release those 'behind the scenes' vids it will be interesting to see what JD/Saleh were doing in the draft room, and if we can see anything on the big board behind them. If they celebrate wildly when the texans left Sauce for us, then we'll know. It took the Jets forever to turn their card in, so I think there was a bit of discussions going on even after the Texans took Stingley. But I think we got it right!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

I’d almost think you’re right here. Many would have complained that Wilson at 4 would have been a reach. But you have to make a pick if your guy is off the board and he’s not enamored with Thibs.  

#4 Wilson

#10 ????? Who the heck knows 

In that scenario, I'd reckon JJ. Maybe with a trade down first to one of the WR hungry teams (assuming London still went at 8, that would be 2 WR gone at that point).

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

“What happened, happened, and it couldn’t have happened any other way.” - Morpheus

"You take the blue pill... the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill... you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes"

Take the red pill Warfish…the red one ☝️ 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

When the Jets release those 'behind the scenes' vids it will be interesting to see what JD/Saleh were doing in the draft room, and if we can see anything on the big board behind them. If they celebrate wildly when the texans left Sauce for us, then we'll know. It took the Jets forever to turn their card in, so I think there was a bit of discussions going on even after the Texans took Stingley. But I think we got it right!

Exactly! Can't wait for those videos.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

I was wondering the same thing...if Sauce was taken at 3 by the Texans, how does that change the complexity of our day one selections? Does JD just take Stingley at 4 and we're all having the same conversations? Or does JD move on to Thibs at 4 and totally change the entire draft (for us)?

We've all said before that the players who we pick have less to do with our own GM and more to do with the GMs picking ahead of us. So tru. Better to be lucky than good. 

Right. Exactly the point of this mind bending, migraine producing thread. So here is a What If alternate universe draft if Texans take Sauce.

JD is livid. Sauce is gone. He wants nothing to do with OL or Thibs and feels JJ at 4 is a reach. JD takes Wilson at 4 and lives with it. On to 10. Draft unfolds. JD needs an edge. JJ is there and takes him at 10. He’s a happy camper. But JD doesn’t get that CB he really wanted. He now must wait until round 2.  ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

The improbable, implausible twists and turns resulted in the best round 1 in Jets history.  It started at the top with Jags taking Walker, followed by Hutch to the Lions. Then the moments where it hits the twilight zone:

A )Texans take Darell Stingley at 3. ? OMG and leave us with a choice of Thibs or Sauce. Totally unexpected and bizzare. JD gets his man in Sauce and doesn’t look back. 

b) Falcons bypass Williams and Wilson and take London at 8. Thank you Atlanta Thank you. This dude is like pouring molasses. 

C) Wilson drops into our lap as JD refuses to part with 10 for Deebo. Great move JD. And then like 10 WR speedsters follow as they are all terrified they will miss out on one causing JJ to drop. 

D) the draft unfolds. JD is eating burgers ? ? ? ? and chilling thinking we’ve had a great 1st round. To his astonishment, JJ falls, falls, falls, falls. JD can’t help himself and pulls off a brilliant trade and grabs JJ for a 3rd 1st round pick WOW!  Just fantastic, amazing, wonderful.

Now, what if….. the Texans took Sauce at 3. Does JD take Stingley at 4? If the Falcons take Wilson at 8, what does JD go at 10? If JJ goes way earlier than 26, does JD pull off a trade to get back into round 1? The Stingley pick totally threw this draft into an alternate universe. Can’t even begin to think what out draft picks would look like if Sauce goes #3 to Texans. 

Fun post but I was instructed by my doctor to not make any important business or personal decisions today. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Don’t think so. We have greater needs at LB. But wouldn’t cry over it if we traded back for extra picks and took OT Raimann but he’s projected to go late round 2 around 58 to 64 and he’s the top OT on the board at this point. Trade back from 38 and get Andersen and Raimann - I’d be giddy as Ebenezzer Scrooge on Christmas Day. 

Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 303 | RAS: 9.87

Listed at 6'7", 305 pounds, Raimann is a large blocker who looms over his opponents. His length isn't proportionally elite, but he compensates with his easily visible athleticism.

The Central Michigan OT is explosive off the line as a run blocker, and he's mobile reaching the second level. He has good lateral burst and can make quick work of short distances. Additionally, Raimann has great recovery athleticism and covers a lot of ground to regain positioning.

Beyond his mobility, Raimann also has solid flexibility and balance. He can easily flip his hips and redirect defensive linemen. Additionally, he has the flexibility and coordination to halt rushes at the apex without losing control. Despite his lighter frame, Raimann's core strength is above-average, and he uses this to flex without breaking.

I tend to agree but supposedly Saleh is happy with the LB group. If Nakobe Dean falls to 38 I think he's a slam dunk.

• Upvote 1